Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Movie News Thread!

Retro_Link

Nobody should be shocked. On this same page, we're talking about a Mortal Kombat movie. What have we had so far? Mario Bros, Mortal Kombat, Tomb Raider, Street Fighter, Prince of Persia, DOOM, Hitman, Max Payne, Resident Evil, House of the Dead, Alone in the Dark, Silent Hill and Dead or Alive. That's off the top of my head.

Don't forget Postal. :D

But if that Metroid rumor is true... doesn't Nintendo have the right to step in and say: "No!!!" to what Boll is trying to destroy there?

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way the rumor mentions Samus' "love interest" and "returning the story to it's core of love an adventure" just screams to me that this has to be bullshit... that or they confused Metroid with something else seeing as there's nothing about "love" in any of the games... unless you count Samus' love for blowing the shit out of things

The way the rumor mentions Samus' "love interest" and "returning the story to it's core of love an adventure" just screams to me that this has to be bullshit... that or they confused Metroid with something else seeing as there's nothing about "love" in any of the games... unless you count Samus' love for blowing the shit out of things

This just in; Samus is into grenading.

There's a pleasant mental image.

u guys seen this?

Pretty fucking interesting, at first I was thinking with the direction they were going I was thinking this is nothing like Mortal Kombat, but when they got to showing who the guy Jax was talking to was it kinda started to work well. Bloody balls about Cage though...he wasn't even wearing sunglasses wtf?

Interesting approach taking out the otherworld and trying to give it a sudo-realism feel. Be very interested to see how Sub-Zero (my fav) gets portrayed... bloodt annoyed they seem to be setting up Scorpion as an anti-hero good guy.

I liked the first film, thought it was done really well, it stayed true to the games but still made for a good action film that wasn't too OTT. The 2nd though was just a piss take unfortunately.

Mortal Kombat Video Turns Out To Be Fully Unofficial

You wouldn't think that unofficial projects would get participation from known actors like Jeri Ryan and Michael Jai White, but as it turns out, that's exactly what happened. But the Mortal Kombat "rebirth" video that got out yesterday is more than just some crazy fan project. It turns out the short film was part of a pitch that, according to a Crave Online interview with the guy who played Johnny Cage, was designed to get Warner interested in making a new movie, and isn't some insane tease for Mortal Kombat 9.

I had back-of-my-mind doubts at that point, thinking that maybe the guys working on the game got ahold of it and threw it out there just to get Mortal Kombat back into the front of everyone else's minds. But that, as I understand it, is not the case, either.

So carry on, I guess. There's nothing to see here! But considering the substantial waves that video created, I have to imagine anyone associated with the game or the continuing push to get a movie made has to be feeling pretty good about their chances. Clearly, people continue to have an affinity for the MK property, provided it's handled by skilled individuals.

But don't expect Baraka to be a plastic-surgeon-turned-serial-killer in whatever the next Mortal Kombat game ends up being.

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/mortal-kombat-video-turns-out-to-be-fully-unofficial/2091/

Gordon-Levitt as The Riddler in Batman 3?

Joseph Gordon-Levitt is reportedly in the running to join the cast of Batman 3 after being tipped by director Christopher Nolan for the role of the Riddler.

The actor, who worked with Nolan on the set of Inception, is said to be the first choice for the part.

"Chris really dug Joseph [as an actor]," a source told Hollywood Life.

"There was a joke at first between them that Joseph wanted to read for Batman 3 and things heated up as filming continued."

The insider added: "It's not 100% confirmed that he's getting [the role of The Riddler] but there's certainly talk about it. Joseph is definitely on the shortlist."

a.bmp

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!