N-Europe

The Movie News Thread!

Retro_Link

Juno is due out in cinema on 8th Feb in UK (day after my birthday :D). Although im not sure how many cinemas it will be in.

For those who don't know its been a popular indie film which stars Michael Cera and Jason Bateman. Its like Arrested Development all over again :p

Hoping to see it before (hmm) though, but if its in the local cinema I will check it out.

Also found out my local cinema is playing Waitress, but only Tuesday afternoon when im at work. Pain.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Juno is due out in cinema on 8th Feb in UK (day after my birthday :D). Although im not sure how many cinemas it will be in.

For those who don't know its been a popular indie film which stars Michaela Cera and Jason Bateman. Its like Arrested Development all over again :p

Hoping to see it before (hmm) though, but if its in the local cinema I will check it out.

Also found out my local cinema is playing Waitress, but only Tuesday afternoon when im at work. Pain.

Did he have a sex change?

Heh, it looks fricking awesome though. Cannot wait to see it (Assuming its on near me)

Ah well...they're in the same film. As are Jason Bateman and Will Arnett in the new Knight Rider TV film or something (although Will Arnett is the voice of Kitt so its a bit different).

Still looks like a great film. (Juno)

Thought you'd like to know the Golden Globe winners:

Best Picture: Atonement

Best Actor, Drama: Daniel Day Lewis, There Will Be Blood

Best Actress, Drama: Julie Christie, Away From Her

Best Picture Comedy/Musical: Sweeney Todd

Best Screenplay: No Country for Old Men

Best Actor Musical/Comedy: Johnny Depp, Sweeney Todd

Best Director: Julian Schnabel, Diving Bell and the Butterfly

Best Supporting Actress: Cate Blanchett, I’m Not There

Best Supporting Actor: Javier Bardem, No Country for Old Men

Best Actress - Musical Comedy: Marion Cotillard, La Vie En Rose

Animated Film: Ratatouille

Best Song: Guaranteed, Into the Wild

Best Score: Atonement

Best Foreign Film: The Diving Bell and the Butterfly

Major upset on Best Picture Drama as most people (including myself) expected No Country to win. Any thoughts?

Yeah, I though that either No Country For Old Men or There Will Be Blood would have won Best Picture. They were definately the front runners and it's a huge surprise that Atonement won. Nothing against Atonement, it's a very well put together film but No Country For Old Men is certainly better.

On the TV front I'm slightly annoyed that Extra's won best comedy, Entourage is far better, though they made a good choice giving the Best Actress award to Tina Fey.

Major Harry Potter News!

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is to be made into two films, according to a report.

The Mail on Sunday claims that crew members on sixth movie Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince have been informed that the next installment will be released in two halves.

Warner Bros is said to be considering the option because the seventh book in the series weighs in at 784 pages, almost double the length of the earlier novels.

Some insiders believe that the last two movies suffered from having their plots squeezed into two and a half hours.

A source said: "There's so much to fit that the view is the last movie should be in two halves. There is a huge battle when Harry, played by Daniel Radcliffe, takes on Voldemort that needs to be done really well."

Author JK Rowling agreed with the assessment, writing on her website: "It is simply impossible to incorporate every storyline into a film under four hours long."

Guillermo Del Toro recently revealed that he would like to direct the seventh movie. However, the studio is rumoured to be hoping to interest director Steven Spielberg in the project.

If they do this I will be so pleased!

Also, any spoilers mentioned in further posts about the ending, PLEASE spoiler tag them (I don't know everything that happens and don't want to).

He made Mission Impossible 3.

I'll be watching Cloverfield. Good reviews is very good news. I now have faith in Star Trek (as in the next movie)

And Felicity. He's hardcore.

I dunno. Its the fanboyism of "Oh wow dude, J.J. Abrams is doing it. He made that awesome lost show [for like one episode]." and practically pissing themself in anticipation.

One of those 'annoys me so much I have no interest' things.