Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Its raining again (:P) and im packing again. Not moving until Wednesday but need to get most of it done because tomorrow I need to do a bit of packing at my dads. Monday I am going to London. Tuesday I'm going to Cheltenham and Wednesday im off. Just need to figure out the logistics (my stuff is here, my bed at dad's, my sofa at some random old lady's, my fridge and freezer at a friends), need to book a van, need some bubble wrap.... yes im using this place as a to-do list.

Exciting day eh?

Its raining again (:P) and im packing again. Not moving until Wednesday but need to get most of it done because tomorrow I need to do a bit of packing at my dads. Monday I am going to London. Tuesday I'm going to Cheltenham and Wednesday im off. Just need to figure out the logistics (my stuff is here, my bed at dad's, my sofa at some random old lady's, my fridge and freezer at a friends), need to book a van, need some bubble wrap.... yes im using this place as a to-do list.

Exciting day eh?

hehhehhe :D

Moving is crazy times, you don't realise how much crap you accumulate til you have to like move it all out haha. Good luck with the move, hope you get settled in easily :smile:

Getting rid of Sky today - am getting Virgin installed.

It's saving me £30 a month and seeing as I only had standard Sky before, I'll be getting the V+ box so I can record stuff (cos I'm crap at remembering to watch things) plus I get one shiny HD channel! Woo!

Am just being bored shitless on hold to Sky atm. Tsk!

Been a right dozy cow today, was in such a hurry to make the post office before it shut this morning when I did get there to pay a bill I used the wrong payment card and had to get the payment cancelled, then tried paying it on to another wrong card before I got the right card.

Been a right dozy cow today, was in such a hurry to make the post office before it shut this morning when I did get there to pay a bill I used the wrong payment card and had to get the payment cancelled, then tried paying it on to another wrong card before I got the right card.

Direct debits and internet banking FTW

Like I said. Its not really about that anymore. Plus not everyone is able to test everything at home. Alot of people still don't have flash drives. And its annoying to have to take it home and then test it and then have to wait to the next day to fix it and then go home again and figure out it didn't work.

Wow, I got a rather rude and immature reply for some very stupid reasons. Apparently he's blocking my email address because I didn't use my real name in the email. This just got personal.

Flash drives can be bought for less than a fiver these days.

Well I finally got a proper response, and they refuse to do anything unless I tell them my name. I'll probably talk with my friends about this and continue with the campaign after we decide what to do next.

You should put your name to it anyway, i see no reason not to.

Went to my grandads today as my parents are away and so is my aunty and it's his birthday. Was quite nice to see him and he seemed happy that somebody had turned up!

Way back I clipped somebodies mirror, gah I felt so bad about it :( but couldn't stop to say sorry, made abit of an ass of myself at traffic lights after that haha ^_^.

What a day! I need to go out and get papers and my prescribition but can't be arsed, so I'll get the first tomorrow.

Flash drives can be bought for less than a fiver these days.

You should put your name to it anyway, i see no reason not to.

To be fair emasher is right about the usb pen drives, students should test websites on different browsers, and you pay schools to learn it properly.

When I was in college we didn't have different browsers, it was optional to test them (ie you did it at home) but it was firmly placed in our minds that it should be tested. It was more along the lines of distinction marking, rather than pass criteria.

I understand why, but I don't agree with the way emash is going about it. Demanding and complaining really will get you nowhere. IT departments in any workplace have specific budgets, and timescales to meet tasks. Budgets are absolute. And anything that is not essential generally gets left by the wayside. Which is sad, and I completely feel your annoyance.

Was out with a mate last night and ended up the The 'Flex. My mate started dancing with this lass [quite tasty, who occasionally kept tonguing her sister nearby] leading to some delightful groping, despite the fact he's taken and on being reminded of this neither of them cared, then engaged in some mouth action. I went to the bar to get a drink and leave them to it. They both came and found me to drag me back to the dance floor, saying they wouldn't touch each other again. I get two paces from the floor and they're at it again, I throw my pint glass to the floor [smashing spectacularly] and stormed out in a huff. Mate followed me giving me some bullshit but I wasn't paying attention, I was focused on getting a pizza and going home.

This is the second time I've been around him when he's copped off with another lass, first time I wasn't bothered but tonight I was. If I go out with him again any time soon [i'm being mardy, girl style] and he does it again I'm gonna tell the missus. Which I was instrumental in those two getting together... that involved a mardy storming off as well.

Direct debits and internet banking FTW

Direct debits aren't good for me, they always come at a time when I don't have the cash to cover it in my account. I'm with an internet bank, but I can only deposit cash through the post office really, or bank of scotland, nearest to me is a big trek.

To be fair emasher is right about the usb pen drives, students should test websites on different browsers, and you pay schools to learn it properly.

When I was in college we didn't have different browsers, it was optional to test them (ie you did it at home) but it was firmly placed in our minds that it should be tested. It was more along the lines of distinction marking, rather than pass criteria.

I understand why, but I don't agree with the way emash is going about it. Demanding and complaining really will get you nowhere. IT departments in any workplace have specific budgets, and timescales to meet tasks. Budgets are absolute. And anything that is not essential generally gets left by the wayside. Which is sad, and I completely feel your annoyance.

It wasn't really demanding. It was more written as an informative email. The IT department really is terrible in my school division. Multiple browsers have been requested by teachers for this course and they really don't have a reason not to install it. I mean, it wouldn't be hard at all for them to install it on just the labs that the WD courses take place in, the way the school network is set up. The reason's they give for not being able to do it are just blatantly wrong. If they can actually come up with a real reason not to do it fine, but they're showing at the moment that they're just too lazy.

went for lunch with parents and grandparents. grilled pidgeon starter with pear and rocket was amazine, belly pork with artichoke main was to die for, and jack daniels sauce chocolate cake was a dream come true.

the conversations were shit, but the food was great.

stopping to get lottory tickets on the way home, i met a cat outside the shop, who was very friendly, and cute but obviosuly wild, had a couple of injuries, no doubt from fighting the outher cat, but it was so sweet i didnt mind. rubbing against my leg straight away, very affectionate. would have taken it home if my parents didnt hate cats.

It wasn't really demanding. It was more written as an informative email. The IT department really is terrible in my school division. Multiple browsers have been requested by teachers for this course and they really don't have a reason not to install it. I mean, it wouldn't be hard at all for them to install it on just the labs that the WD courses take place in, the way the school network is set up. The reason's they give for not being able to do it are just blatantly wrong. If they can actually come up with a real reason not to do it fine, but they're showing at the moment that they're just too lazy.

When I was at college I just downloaded firefox and installed it myself :heh: I'm guessing your IT department is smart enough to prevent that, but not smart enough to put on more than one browser...

After last night, i slept for the longest i've ever slept in a long time, roughly 10 hours. Went to bed at 3am and got up at 1pm today. Then decided to watch Man on the Moon starring Jim Carrey, what a movie that was. My opinion is in the movie thread.

What now to do for the rest of the day, i think a chilled out day is in order now.

Agreed, it's a good show to watch. It gets a bitch cliche sometimes, but it can be pretty funny.

It is cliche, it is silly, but fuck it, I'd far rather watch it than the various shows that have plagued our tv... 200th series of big brother, house buying and selling programs, reality tv. Its all cack! I love how ugly betty can take the piss out of itself, and american fashion industry. I love ugly betty being an icon, despite not being the size double zero model. :smile:

I'm off out for a friends leaving party thing (well, it's just a night out for the guy really) and one of the local pubs tonight. I just found out someone from my year that hates me has a new job at the pub. You can bet as soon as I get a drink she'll say something. I'm a tad annoyed now.