N-Europe

If you promise not to email my tutors mean things, I'm happy for you to use my user/pass/uni to get in

Haha don't worry, I won't use your information for anything other than finding articles. I'm not good at writing mean things anyway, even if I tried really really hard. =P

Uspace is better than blackboard. You don't have to sign in more than once to check your email/library record! That's pretty much my most time-consuming complaint about bb. That and lecturers refusing to upload anything besides HORRIBLY MODERN file formats that my poor backwards laptop can't recognise.

The problem with Uspace is that it reeks of a 'me too!' attitude. It apes Facebook in an attempt to create a social network where students can get in touch and share information. The problem being is that that's exactly what facebook is, and that's so ubiquitous now that signing up to Uspace is a faff and basically redundant on a conceptual level. It's obviously been built in some kind of vacuum.

That said, we really use Muse as our primary 'portal' system. Perhaps it just feels so useless because it's been so half heartedly implemented.

Wesley your fresh produce is onions and bananas; how will you get your 5 a day? *genuine concern*

BMREAL!.jpg

Uspace is better than blackboard. You don't have to sign in more than once to check your email/library record! That's pretty much my most time-consuming complaint about bb. That and lecturers refusing to upload anything besides HORRIBLY MODERN file formats that my poor backwards laptop can't recognise.

You don't have to do this if your uni set up a single-sign on access. I can't believe my uni is actually head of another in any regard :p We just sign in on a main portal thing and then can choose to access blacboard, emails, library etc.

Aaaaanyway after panicking the last few weeks about my portfolio and doing lots (94 at present) life drawings I am now worried I won't have enough of the other things >_< Gotta do storyboards, character designs (in various poses), variety of facial expressions etc. So I have just under two weeks to do all that.

Oh and I can't hand it in on the Saturday (6th Feb, deadline is Mon 8th but I'm working) so I can either ask for Friday (5th) off or Monday 8th. Thinking maybe Monday as it gives me those extra days...one of which is my birthday so. Pah.

And I have this interview tomorrow which I know is a good thing but its a stupid long group interview (they said 1:30-2 hours) at 2pm so it eats up most of the middle of the day. Fuckers.

The whole 'five a day' thing is rather much an overblown/underknown thing. We should really be having 10 portions a day.

Plus those jars of sauce are probably at least 40% tomato, so that's another portion or two right there. Four cans of cider were dozens of apples once. That counts, right? If none of what I said counts then I probably have five portions a week. And - no joke - they're all onions.

Today has been way too dramatic for my liking.

For one of my modules - intergrated project, we get to choose who we wish to work with for the next couple of months, whioch is fine I got invited to the group I wanted to be in last night and all was well.

Unknown to half the group another friend who assured me they were setting up another group asked one of our lot to join, obviously they said yes (having no qualms to have this person in our group).

Apprently this then meant this morning that I was forced out, which would be fine given I could now go into another group, but this person said it with such malice that I'm not sure I particularly want to work with them.

bleh.

/drama

Went to the doctors, waited for ages in the drop-in coughing my lungs up and ended up having to ask for a nurse that could help me, I feel like somebody is continously pushing against my forehead and it hurts like hell to remotely yawn, cough etc. Was going to have to wait til friday, pah. Must change doctors.

Because it annoyed me back then, as it's more than me updating my world but general lecturer ignorance. Like today the tutor couldn't find a file we were supposed to read that was on the uni servers and then said "I think you'll be able to access it from home" because she's an idiot and doesn't realise that that's not how the internet works.

It was a general hyperbolic thing. Tone misplaced.

The whole 'five a day' thing is rather much an overblown/underknown thing. We should really be having 10 portions a day.

Plus those jars of sauce are probably at least 40% tomato, so that's another portion or two right there. Four cans of cider were dozens of apples once. That counts, right? If none of what I said counts then I probably have five portions a week. And - no joke - they're all onions.

As far as I know, you only need to be having more than 5 if you have something wrong with you like atherosclerosis, high blood pressure, high cholesterol etc. Otherwise 5 is plenty and most people struggle with that.

But you're right, canned and frozen veg do count. Cider is on the optimistic side!

Group thing.

Surely you're not working with that person now anyway?

I'm confuzzeled.

Wesley your fresh produce is onions and bananas; how will you get your 5 a day? *genuine concern*

The bananas are for breakfast (with Weetabix), there's a melon there (should be able to get a few portions with that), I have lots of cans of carrots and I have looooads of frozen veg.

I know frozen isn't as good as fresh, but the amount I waste...

Also, I pick up fruit most mornings before class (as of now anyway...).

YEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! I just got the Connect Four (quadruple kill) medal I've been after forever in Uncharted! Mega happy.

And I'll be watching the Danny Dyer UFO thing on BBC later.

And Chair is (hopefully) sorting me out with something I really really want from him. Something I'm desperate for.

This is a good day.

I'm tempted to take the bait but it would be too easy.

Haha, even I was tempted, I admit. =P

I went to aquagym again tonight and it was exhausting, but it feels so good afterwards! But then I kinda stuffed my face with leftovers when I got home (as my dinner). X3

Back still hurts though, was hoping it would feel better with exercise, but apparently not, booh. Fail.