N-Europe

Feel drained. Weekend was good enough as it gave me a nice break to do absolutely nothing. Today just feels like an entire week has been compressed into one day and smacked me in the face.

So yeh, not feeling particularly up at the moment. There are other things that have gotten me into a downer but that's another story and one that a) people don't want to read/hear and b) would be a waste of time for me to go through.

English lecture was good though. Studying John Donne and I love his poetry:love:. I know it's all about love and such and kinda makes me a sissy for liking it but I just think it's beautiful stuff. Looking forward to tomorrow's lecture on it :D.

Girl I like is either playing big games with my mind or really likes me. Waiting to go into the lecture hall for English she came over and stood right beside me, trying to act oblivious to me being there. I gave her a smile to acknowledge she was there/greet her but nothing was said as we were going in. She then sat in front of me and kept looking back at me the whole time, smiling. Why does she toy with me so. ;)

Stupid fucking lessons. Useless piece of crap.

Who teaches about the film industry to game design students..The mind baffles. We had a guy in today who said 'I hope your all making your own films in your own time..'

NO WE FUCKING AREN'T, WE ARE GAME DESIGN STUDENTS YOU MORON..

I know the feeling - there's little more infuriating than lectures who give examples modelled on something like a plane or a car to a room full of civil engineering students, and then gets really patronising when know one knows something specific about engine design.

What's worse is when at the end of a semester, our dynamics lecturer turns round and announces to the room (who they think is just mechanical, medical & aerospace engineers), "those Civils got lucky, they don't need to learn all this, as I doubt they design buildings to fall down!"

Oh. Cheers. You could have, y'know, told us that at first and we could have spent the time studying something relevant to our degrees...

Have I mentioned the fact that my brother's girlfriend is a size 0? I haven't met her yet and I already have misgivings. This is bad.
American or British size zero? (I know it sounds silly to ask in a British-centric place but I know some people who have referred to themselves by American dress sizes as its smaller).
Hang on, Size 0 is purely an American term isn't it. I thought the UK equivalent was a Size 4.

Just found out I'll probably be home alone on my birthday. Everyone in my family is going on holiday. Not fun. =(

Today was really boring in class. There's only about 3 to 6 people in on Monday so it's super quiet in our classroom. Not very fun to work in.

Though right now my sister is trying to help me a bit with my project. Said my story seemed good so far and she gave me the email of a pedagogy person who can help me so yay.

Hopefully I can finally get properly started on all this heh.

I know the feeling - there's little more infuriating than lectures who give examples modelled on something like a plane or a car to a room full of civil engineering students, and then gets really patronising when know one knows something specific about engine design.

What's worse is when at the end of a semester, our dynamics lecturer turns round and announces to the room (who they think is just mechanical, medical & aerospace engineers), "those Civils got lucky, they don't need to learn all this, as I doubt they design buildings to fall down!"

Oh. Cheers. You could have, y'know, told us that at first and we could have spent the time studying something relevant to our degrees...

I feel that. I'm doing a lot of news beat journalism for my course and, while it's useful that we are being trained in a wide spectrum of disciplines, it's stuff I hope I never use professionally because I just don't want to be a reporter. On top of that, lecturers who haven't worked in magazines (my field) commonly dodge questions or try and twist them back to news. bah.

My day just got amazing. One of my photos has been voted into the 2010 Scirocco Register calendar for the second year running (different photos each year obviously). Details in the Photography thread. Due to the touching nature of my entry, they've also decided to give me a free copy of the calendar! Saves me having to buy one.

Plus I made another RedBubble sale. Good day.

All my Spotify playlists have some how been deleted.

I'm downgrading my day from 'meh' to 'shit'.

Can anyone help?

Edit: Seems to be almost sorting itself out. If not, I genuinely give up.

Edited by Daft

I presume an English person can be size 0. I'm sure Victoria Beckham probably is :p To be fair, I think im a size 0 in America.

Aaaaaanyway day was okayish. First lecture was all about Jews. 3 hours of Jews got a bit tiring. Then the student decided to not go to the second lecture.

Also been in one of those weird funk mood things all day. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Although I'm not at work til 6-8, but that means I leave at 4 and get back at 10.

I presume an English person can be size 0. I'm sure Victoria Beckham probably is :p To be fair, I think im a size 0 in America.

Aaaaaanyway day was okayish. First lecture was all about Jews. 3 hours of Jews got a bit tiring. Then the student decided to not go to the second lecture.

Also been in one of those weird funk mood things all day. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Although I'm not at work til 6-8, but that means I leave at 4 and get back at 10.

I wouldn't think victoria beckham is smaller than an american size zero - its not possible

wiki says Wikipedia reference-linksize zero is 22inches @ waist o_O

I wouldn't think victoria beckham is smaller than an american size zero - its not possible

wiki says Wikipedia reference-linksize zero is 22inches @ waist o_O

Shiiiiiit. Jesus Christ. Quickly, hide the Weight Loss thread from these people! I'mma start a Weight Gain thread for these Skeletorsssss.

skeletor.jpg

22 inches is nothing. In fact, that doesn't even count as a waist!

Molly, I fear for your brother's female.

Well done, I wish you all the best for the up and coming stages!

Thanks Pook! I know you didn't ask but I'll tell you anyway, the next stages are... choosing options, full application form/qualifications, ''e-Tray assessment'', assessment centre + interview.

Mad really.

Thanks Pook! I know you didn't ask but I'll tell you anyway, the next stages are... choosing options, full application form/qualifications, ''e-Tray assessment'', assessment centre + interview.

Mad really.

Ah, quite the obstacle course then! I'm looking at applying for the Civil Service fairly soon and they have a very similar application process (it might even be the same who knows), so I look forward to hearing more about your progress!

I've had a rather dull day...just a seminar in the morning on Marxism and then fuddy-duddied about the rest of the day, sleeping and procrastinating. Really need to get my head down and do some work this week!

Good luck with your...thing that you're doing, Mollymon. Gotta Catch 'Em All.

Ashley, that was an amusing and arousing coincidence. Funny story, when I was younger, I was much much skinnier because I hadn't quite discovered food then. My Mum used to call me Skeletor. Nowadays, I am eating better. But, my brothers ate better than me, so I am still the skinniest. I do not like the cone of shame. :(

Hmm, I do not know whether or not I would trust Molly. She's nice, but how would she handle power? Maybe we should make her moderator and find out. Nay: ADMIN. Right into the deep end.