Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Aspects of my day were excellent.

Others...not.

Some woman was whinging down the phone about how bad her life is (tbf it was bad) but anyway, she was saying it in response to my "Is there anything else I can help you with" question. She was like "Yeah I need a new life". Got so awkward. She was like "My husband etc walk out on me blah blah son on life support" which is awful, but she kept creating awkward silences.

I was like "So sorry to hear that" and then she'd keep talking. I ran out of condolences.

MEAL TONIGHT AT MY FAVOURITE/THE BEST Chinese restaurant in the England*

*Possibly not true.

But hot damn so good. Satay chicken that sizzles as it comes out, its salty deliciousness.

So it turns out I won't be cooking anymore at work in a month or two... :blank:

This is because the bus times have been fucked about with meaning I have no option but to leave 15 mins early - either that or wait two hours and well, fuuuuuuck that! - but I've now been told that 'the Staff Restaurant has to be open between time 'X' and close at time 'X' so as a result we're gonna have to move you elsewhere mmkay?' that's basically the long and short of it.

Of course there is always the option of getting a bike... which would mean I could make it there in time and leave at the right time plus I'd save money in the long run, just the 'dangerous roads' issue but meh, surely I'd get used to it?

Anyone else cycle on here? tips/advice appreciated :)Daft you cycle quite a bit don't you? - presumably on busy roads - is it that bad? just curious as it's an option I'm considering.

With that said though maybe a change of scenery would be good, plus I do feel a little bit taken for granted working as a cook atm... but I get regular 'thanks' which balances it out a bit but still... *sigh* I think maybe I would miss working in that area of the store after a while. :(

Ah what to do...

Edited by S.C.G

MEAL TONIGHT AT MY FAVOURITE/THE BEST Chinese restaurant in the England*

*Possibly not true.

But hot damn so good. Satay chicken that sizzles as it comes out, its salty deliciousness.

Darn you, now I'm seriously craving Chinese food. =P

Day's been okay, only had two hours in school today, and all we did was show a book we brought and talk about how the images related to the text etc. Was given an assignment but have no clue what to do for it yet (I kinda hate having all this freedom with assignments as I have no idea what to do for it then).

So yeah barely anything happened today, though it's been raining pretty much all day and of course I had to cycle through that, not fun! Played half an hour of the new Professor Layton, yay! Have to start on another assignment in a minute, boooh. =P

Anyone else cycle on here? tips/advice appreciated :)Daft you cycle quite a bit don't you? - presumably on busy roads - is it that bad? just curious as it's an option I'm considering.

1. Definitely wear a helmet. It's nowhere near as dorky as it used to be and if you are on roads with idiotic drivers (inevitable) then it could save your life.

2. Wear fluorescent clothing. Even if it's in the day time. Bright colours are still easier to see.

3. Use lights. Again even in the daytime. It's surprisingly easy to miss a biker.

4. Don't skimp on a bike. Buying a cheap bike is horrible. Even the shortest rides are incredibly uncomfortable and will leave your arse sore for hours. Also better bikes are easier to ride and can go faster/further with less energy. Spend at least £200 on a bike.

5. Get a decent saddle. Nothing's worse than a hard, uncomfortable saddle.

I know some of those sound like child's stuff, but it's easy to overlook.

So now I know why my hours halved at work - they've hired another five people! It's nice that they think I'm a dab-old-hand, but as I've said before my lack of hearing aids really bollocks everything up. Bleeeeeeeh!

Two days off now - just got to compose and send an email to 90 people tonight, consider chess club tomorrow night... And I suppose read for my lecture.

Been burning, laterally, through the Dark Tower books. On the third one now. Housemate has the first 6, and i bought a copy of the 4th as that's where I plan on overtaking him! Mwahaha! Great stuff.

How come you need hearing aids Jay, what did you do!?

But Moogle has more style than you EVIL.

Bullshit.

Also, you care about your soft delicate hands and not your egg-like head?

Yep, my hands would hurt if I didn't wear my gloves, my head feels fine. Plus, I sometimes spike my hair, we don't all have the head hugging hair of Moogle.

Remember kits, Humpty-Dumpty.

The moment I sit on a wall without a bike helmet I'll let you know :)

HOWEVER! Here is the illustrations showing what I am tortured with when this chap comes into my work:

GP1X.jpg

GP2.jpg

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

I played Fallout 3 all day. I also had a fry up for lunch since my Dad was off work with a bad back and he bargained with me. I did the dishwasher and he'd cook lunch. So worth it.

I appreciate my days off so much more now that I'm working. It's awesome. And to top it off; I have next week off :D AND I'm attending something supremely exclusive awesome mega winzorz next Monday :D

Logic would supersede; I was born deaf :|

Boring bit; lost my ear-mould on the way to steph's place last november-or-so, so made do with one aid for night on 9 months, then lost that entire one in a cab on a rainy day about 8 weeks ago, and sheff hospital is ridiculously slow at sorting me the fuck out.

Logic would supersede; I was born deaf :|

Boring bit; lost my ear-mould on the way to steph's place last november-or-so, so made do with one aid for night on 9 months, then lost that entire one in a cab on a rainy day about 8 weeks ago, and sheff hospital is ridiculously slow at sorting me the fuck out.

You use a HC2 form? Or do they make you shell out da green?

Most of my friends are so dotted around the country, I get kind of upset, depressed even, not seeing them much. BUT today I'm feeling happy; just made loads of plans starting with... parents are away Halloween weekend so I'm organising people to come up (and down) to stay, yay.

Missed my first lecture, kinda pissed that I did, I don't like missing them, but apprently I didn't miss anything and the tutor was just bitching about my second tutor that day.

'He's slack in his teaching methods' which is bull considering Justin who teaches us unreal editor is the best teacher I've had since being at Sheffield :laughing:

Otherwise 3-6 lesson was good, learnt quite alot and had a general laugh, shame it was peeeing it down though, not in the mood to work when you know you've got to walk in the rain after.

Got a friend over til thursday, its weird having to share space for a couple of days, going home thursday. Yay!

I've had a really lovely evening in with my flatmates, which I wasn't expecting at all. Made an amazing (Fine, I poured sauce over pasta and shoved it in the over for 45 minutes) pasta bake, before sitting down to watch Eastenders and then a few movies with Emily afterwards. Just lovely and relaxing, apart from another batch of utterly confusing texts being sent my way.

Extra sleep tomorrow too considering I don't need to be in till 12. Yay.

Right there's this cartoon where the heroes used to go something like "FORM OF... " and then they'd change into that thing. Anyone know what it was?

FUCK! You instantly reminded me of it, but now I can't place it at all.

I want to say Mummies Alive! but I don't think that's right at all.

Guest Captain Falcon

Was in a much better mood today - partially it was due to having a good chat with a friend yesterday, and the rest was a result of a conversation I had with my boss last night before i left work. I explained how I'm not happy about some things and I had quite a few examples t back up my case which I think he responded too. Plus he told me I should be getting a pay increase this month for my efforts - he tried to get it back dated for previous months so I'd get a little bit more but managers are being stingy with the payroll budgets at the moment so he couldn't swing it. Still nice of him to try.

So Tuesday night is work football night (Thursday being old-school football night) and I can't recall picking up so many injuries in quick succession.

After about five minutes, I slipped and flew through the air before landing on my backside and grazing both it, my legs, knees and arms (it's coarse style all weather pitch). That was back enough and but then about 10 minutes later, I took a rather hefty blow to the crown jewels trying to defend a pass. He saw me coming and must have just hit it as hard as he could as the attempt he went for was going to go over head height easily with that pace.

So I've got a knacked leg and I'm hobbling around in agony at this point and before I've had chance to even attempt to get my breath back, it happens again... another shot in the crotch.

There are some things you just can't run off...

But even with reduced mobility, I still played a blinder (well, all things considered I played bloody well anyway).

And so it's college tomorrow, must make sure I avoid the annoying ones and the weirdos. Which is in some ways is a bit unfair as I can be annoying and weird but even I have my limits.

Driving home was agony as whenever I went around a left hander, the shift in body weight momentum would force my bruised backside into the seat in a rather uncomfortable manner.

I also sorted my car insurance out tonight - it's due next Monday. Insurance companies must think their customers idiots as the quote they gave me was about £40 less than I paid last year and I've now two years no claims bonus.

So I said this is what I'm being offered elsewhere and they said they'd price match it, so their quote has gone from £580 to £440. Good job I wasn't on hold for that long (sure it was long by normal standards, but not insurance companies from my limited experience) as making me listen to the greatest hits of Elton John was making me want to leave them.