NEurope

I've not seen the advert yet :P google turned up that vid, but no i don't think it's frankie as I'm sure my housemate would recognise it.

my granny is in a coma =(

she had a fall a while ago and was responding well to the iv antibiotics, but suddenly became comatose.

The doctors aren't giving us much hope. Probably fairer for her passing away peacefully, rather than trying to bring her round if she's had a stroke or something. Still sucks pretty badly.

Indeed that does sucks epic balls

*hugs*

I volunteered today. Giving back to sociaty kicks ass!

Edited by martinist

Massive thunderstorm going on here; it started over two hours ago I think and it's still going. Lots and lots of rain, and of course thunder and lightning. I'm home alone and our dog (who isn't allowed inside the house) is terrified of thunder, so I decided to take her into the house. >.>;

Because of that I've not really been able to do much as I'm constantly watching her. Have a small "lesson" I have to give tomorrow on linear perspective (I think it's called in English) in my teaching class, and I'm stressing out already haha. I suck at presentations. =P

Meh, it's been an ok day. Haven't done too much, mainly chilled out on the 360 again much of the day. I did pop out shopping earlier which i think was the highlight of my day.

Played 6 a side, some fucker tripped me and I slammed down on my shoulder, now I can barely move my left arm. Taking my shirt off fucking cained! The twat didn't even apologise, they're just pissy because they were losing. Apparently they won the league, yet we managed to beat them and this is only the second time me and my time have played together.

Other than that I sat at home all say waiting for college to phone me, they didn't so I ended up calling them and leaving my name and number AGAIN and being told "someone will get back to you". Gonna go into work early tomorrow (I work in the restaurant of the college) and see if I can find someone to talk to about it.

mmm, today! I volunteered to be the MRes representative and there's 1 other person who has done so too, so an e-mail announcement got sent out telling people to vote for either one of us. Election wars! I'm thinking about going around tomorrow getting people to vote for me!

After another 9-5 statistics slog I got a fair amount of project research making done as well as some of the online modules completed (it's fun trying to concentrate on the computer screen while your girlfriend is pretty much groping you, haha).

Life is really great at the moment. Combining study and a lovely woman is awesome, and delicious.

I went to my local wine shop earlier:

"Do you have any mead?"

"Yes, we have this one [explains flavour]"

"How much is it?"

"£6.75"

"Do you do student discounts?"

"Yes, we have a basic 5% discount, but you can also choose to gamble and answer a trivial pursuit question. If you get it right, you'll get a 10% discount, but if you get it wrong, you'll have to pay full price."

"Alright, I'll gamble."

*gets out trivial pursuit card from behind the desk* "You have a choice of Geography, Arts and Literature, Science and Nature, or Entertainment."

"Science and Nature."

"In which compass direction is the Sahara desert expanding?"

"South."

"Correct, that'll be £6.08."

Apparently this is shop policy, my girlfriend says when she went she got a question about Superman wrong and had to pay full price. :heh:

Haha, that sounds pretty cool. Weirdly enough, it reminds me of Shadow Hearts. How you can spin a judgement ring for a 10% discount, but failing it forces you to buy it at full price. That might have been SH2 onwards only, though...

Edited by Sheikah

OH. MY. GOD.

I had a 5 minutes conversation with Lord Krebs, the discoverer of the Krebs cycle. Literally too famous for me. He's the principle of my college.

+

General Banter. (I'm getting "Are you sure you're actually from Scotland?" alot).

Haha, that sounds pretty cool. Weirdly enough, it reminds me of Shadow Hearts. How you can spin a judgement ring for a 10% discount, but failing it forces you to buy it at full price. That might have been SH2 onwards only, though...

Yeah, 'tis in SH1, and it made me think of it too. :heh:

I had a 5 minutes conversation with Lord Krebs, the discoverer of the Krebs cycle. Literally too famous for me. He's the principle of my college.

I'm pretty sure that Krebs is dead - checking Wikipedia it seems he died in 1981. Must be a different Krebs.

Edit: It's his son.

Edited by Supergrunch
Automerged Doublepost

my granny is in a coma =(

she had a fall a while ago and was responding well to the iv antibiotics, but suddenly became comatose.

The doctors aren't giving us much hope. Probably fairer for her passing away peacefully, rather than trying to bring her round if she's had a stroke or something. Still sucks pretty badly.

*hugs* I'm sorry to hear that Raining. :sad:

Half a day finished so far. Started of kinda crappy really. When I cycle to school, I have to go through a pedestrian/cyclist tunnel to cross under the traintracks, or I could go over a big bridge but of course that requires lots of energy. But apparently because of the massive thunderstorm yesterday, the tunnel was flooded and you couldn't get through it, so had to go over the bridge anyway.

Then further along the road there is another small tunnel I have to go through, just a few metres long (wouldn't even really call it a tunnel). But again, this one was flooded too, there was no way going through it (someone tried but it really didn't work). Problem here is that I had to cycle alllll the way back from where I came (which cost me another five minutes at least) to take another route. Arrived in school just in time!

Rest of the day has been okay so far. Had to give a short lesson (like only a few minutes long) and it went okay, so yay! And just got some cake from someone as it was her birthday this week. =)

So-so day, sent my friend home today, was abit awkard atmosphere between us both, felt bad for asking if they could go home early so I could travel to see the parents, but they seem to be going out drinking tonight anyway.

Went to class, learnt some cool programming, I honestly love my tutors this year except one, my programming tutor is awesome, he really understands that people really stuggled (including me) doing programming last year and he's basically started from scratch to teach us Flash <3.

Went for some lunch with some classmates, I love those guys, been really nice inviting me to lunch/nights out, so I have somewhere to go and stuff :blush:.

Driving home at 4 for my sisters birthday, which is today, she doesn't deserve it, but you can't choose the family. Back sunday.

The fire alarm went off whist I was in the shower. Panic set in, and I charged around falling over constantly whilst attemping to get dressed. As soon as I got my last sock on, it stopped. I just screamed "Fuck off!" and begrudgingly headed back to the shower.

The fire alarm went off whist I was in the shower. Panic set in, and I charged around falling over constantly whilst attemping to get dressed. As soon as I got my last sock on, it stopped. I just screamed "Fuck off!" and begrudgingly headed back to the shower.

With clothes on?

Unlucky Haggis :p

I had a great night last night. We had a ChemSoc bar crawl all dressed in school uniform. Many good times ensued.

Bad news is I had a lecture first thing but luckily it was pretty simple, and my only on of the day. So I got back home, went to bed for another hour, got up, did some laundry, cleaned my room properly and have just done a nice lot of work which has made me feel good about myself. I'm slowly getting into this Uni malarkey.

I met these two Australian guys when I was travelling and got quite friendly with them. One lives in London and the other in Holland; I haven't seen them since travelling. Holland guy is coming over here in a few weeks and they want to meet up for a night out. I don't know whether to go! This probably sounds pathetic but I don't know if it's gonna be weird because we're meeting in the ''real world'' and I'm also completely insecure about how I look. Argh.

I'm so god damned bored, It sucks not working, there is things I could do, I can't be arsed though, did manage to watch New Glee though, The mashups were god damned brilliant, can't wait for Monday to roll on, wait is far too long.

Half a day finished so far. Started of kinda crappy really. When I cycle to school, I have to go through a pedestrian/cyclist tunnel to cross under the traintracks, or I could go over a big bridge but of course that requires lots of energy. But apparently because of the massive thunderstorm yesterday, the tunnel was flooded and you couldn't get through it, so had to go over the bridge anyway.

Then further along the road there is another small tunnel I have to go through, just a few metres long (wouldn't even really call it a tunnel). But again, this one was flooded too, there was no way going through it (someone tried but it really didn't work). Problem here is that I had to cycle alllll the way back from where I came (which cost me another five minutes at least) to take another route. Arrived in school just in time!

Rest of the day has been okay so far. Had to give a short lesson (like only a few minutes long) and it went okay, so yay! And just got some cake from someone as it was her birthday this week. =)

That tunnel stuff suuuucks.

But, thankfully, the other stuff ruuuuuled. Well done. My am proud ofs you. :)

I met these two Australian guys when I was travelling and got quite friendly with them. One lives in London and the other in Holland; I haven't seen them since travelling. Holland guy is coming over here in a few weeks and they want to meet up for a night out. I don't know whether to go! This probably sounds pathetic but I don't know if it's gonna be weird because we're meeting in the ''real world'' and I'm also completely insecure about how I look. Argh.

Runnn!

Goooo!

GET TO DA MEETUP!!

What's the harm? It'll only be for one night, and you've met these guys before. I think it's more likely you'll have a nicer time than a shat night.

As for my day, today was boring, but yesterday and day before were good. Day before yesterday, I worked in that school for the full day. Spent the morning teaching that Year 2 class, which was bluddy hectic. They are, hands down, the hardest class I've had to teach. There's so much going on at once. But, in the afternoon, I taught a Year 6 group, who were awesome and easier to teeeach. To be honest, the afternoon was a bit of a doss. We did P.E. and then they had a visitor who came to the school to talk to the kids about health and safety. So, it was eeeeasy.

Yesterday was very, very different. The school was in Cardiff, just around the corner from Ninian Park Railway Station. In my class, there were two white kids! So ethnically diverse. The class were nice. Lively but not naughty, and we had some fun. Doing verb work though for English, which was pretty fun. :)

On the way back to the train station, I had to walk up this ramp to take me to the platform. So, the ramp leads from the road, and in a zig-zag to the platform. There's two rails on either side, and then there's looooads of bushes and grass. I thought to myself: "ooo, I wonder if I'll see a mouse." I'm terrified of mice.

Then, a mouse ran across the ramp! It ran from one side to the other, but it stopped halfway and looked at me. I stared at it, then it looked back at me, then ran off. When it was gone, I shrieked a little. Like a little sissy girl. I fucking hate mice. :(

I ran to the platform just in case it came back or followed me. Thankfully, I made it on to the train without death.

I've had a lot of comments about how I look healthier now that I do so much exercise. Add to the fact that my diet is now ludicrously healthy I'm feeling pretty good. I'm turning muscley and all, progress.

I went to the gym today which was a bit silly because I was still a bit knackered from yesterday. Cycling home today means I top 40 miles cycled this week. Good job.

I had my first 'Psychoanalysis and Anthropology' lecture today. The lecturer is amazing and the subjects we cover are just fascinating. Week 3 is Child Sexual Abuse which is horrifically interesting and then Week 8 is Madness, my personal favourite.

The Social Theory tutorial was a waste of time. I did all three readings for this week and we didn't talk about them. I'd be incredibly annoyed had it not been for the fact I actually enjoyed the readings.

Weekend starts now since I have no lectures tomorrow, ever. Or Wednesday for that matter. :D (Although I'm actually going to do the reading for next week.)

Hilight of day ;

Typing "administrative assistant" into Scribblenauts, and an office worker coming up.

Then dropping a nuke on them.

I can't for the life of me have a good night's sleep. Last night went as such: in bed at 10.30pm as I had to be up slightly earlier than normal, woke up at 1.30, 2.00, 2.15, 3.00, 3.30, 4.00, 4.15, 4.45, 5.20, 6.00, and finally 6.45 at which point I said 'screw it' and got out of bed. Don't know what's up but been like this for awhile now and it's not nice.

Today... well had 2 tutorials and they went alright. Managed to impress with my knowledge of psychology in philosophy when we were talking about the mind and body problem/whatever in regards to Plato (I haven't been reading it so I don't know what he was on about).

Felt absolutely fine all day. Went to the gym, felt great. Had food a few hours ago, felt great. Sat on my laptop, then 10 minutes ago I felt like I was going to be sick. So, I went to the loo, and I did. No idea what brought that on.

The school yesterday had half the kids off with flu. Some of those had swine flu. Some of the staff were off too with it. Three of them, I think. I better not fucking have it. :(

Today the talks began. Tomorrow the talks continue. Hopefully by Monday all will be settled. Whatever the case, I am not doing any of the work I've been set. Screw it all.

If it don't get settled I guess I'll be off home to start afresh next year.