thirtynine.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the problem with Ant complaining about his ban:

Wether the end result is me being banned, which by my own admittance I would probably expect soon but I , at least you done something and I will respect and honour your decision, because as I said it's down to what you intend the forum to be percieved as.

(taken from the suggestions thread)

Ok let's clarify something quickly.

I banned those three members (the dupe acct and the two idiots).

I had a hell of a migraine yesterday, I got up from my dark and silent room to get a glass of water when my flatmate told me "the shit has gone to pieces on the forums". I really didn't want to look at a screen, I sign on, I see the MPT full of spam by harribo and ant. I see them putting 'gtfo lol!' everywhere, including in the threads started by 'gtfo, moria'. I banned the worst offenders. At first I was going to ban everyone who was part of the new GTFO avatar crew but I think I was quite reserved and checked that they hadn't been idiots. Then I retreated back to bed.

Ant and Harribo had the bad luck of being on a list of members, staff-side, who for the last few weeks we have all been sick and tired of warning and clearing up fights between. Cross reference the list with the people causing trouble last night and get rid, that was all I could figure to do.

Edit: btw a lot of people are not sure of just what they did. I think you guys all missed the 5 'x or gtfo' threads made, locked and then deleted in gen chit chat.

Ant and Harribo had the bad luck of being on a list, staff-side, which we have for the last few weeks been sick and tired of warning and clearing up fights between.

Who else is on there?

I see that Jesus Martinez has been banned too. The poor bloke hasn't even posted!

It's always "better before". Generations on this forum are probably about a year to 18-months in length, and with each one comes new awesome members - and also lots of regular, solid members who contribute lots but don't stand out as BEST MEMBAR EVAAR for what ever reason.

Fact is, Dynastygal joined the other day and lots of people like her already. Any one (or two, or three...) members could leave or be banned from this forum and it will still continue.

If you think that changing this place starts from the top and goes down, you're wrong. Surely if you think there needs to be better threads, then make them. Less arguing, more laughs? Then do it.

I don't think the guys were banned for actualy being GTFOMORIA, perhaps an affiliation, and a trigger, and encouragers to the behaviour yesterday. Personally I don't have a lot against these guys - but they're two of about twelve members who I instantly associate with arguing and bickering in a range of threads, and I'm not going to complain if they were all banned, just as I'm not going to complain if they all stay either, because either way there will be arguments, jokes, good threads and bad, new users and the eventual case of everyone here now going "not as good as the old days"...

Again, this man speaketh the truth!

There always have been discussion, game related or not, don't try to blow things out of proportions, it just makes you sound like drama queens.

Other people have been acting worse, we are aware of this. Things will happen in due course.

Wow, that sounds like a Headmaster lol

I think this place could do with a bit more moderation at times tbh, too much stuff goes on that should be clamped down on a bit. I'm not advocating a police state by any means however.

Another forum I frequent has warnings which get placed underneath your name in the bit that say N-Europe Afficionado for example and expire after a peroid. Basicaly so people know they're on their last chance. Just a thought like but it works pretty well on said other forum.

Are people aware or given a warning before they are booted?

Most members that's been here for a while thinks the same. I've had quite a few saying that, and we've lost good members cause of it.

One thing I have noticed since I joined up, is that less and less seems to actually go on in the Wii Discusion. A lot of really interesting characters have been banned, and for me the arguments and the discussions are what I came here for. I expect debates and heated discussions on topics, we're all passionate about stuff. Spamming however is just silly.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I hear people saying how great these forums are, well they're only as good as the members. It's the posts, contributions and discussions that make this place what it is. Much like my favorite pub wouldn't be my favorite anymore if it wasn't filled with all my mates.

I've said it in other threads, but we've lost some real characters, Solitanze, Harribo, Ant, Hobbzinio, Dabookerman, Zelda Freak and Nintendork. In some threads there seem to be more coloured names than normal ones. I know the mods and admins and staff work very hard and for free but we don't want to strangle this place.

My love/cliqueness for them aside IMHO Ant and Harribo simply arent in the same league as ZF, THE Ganondude, Solitanze, and Nintendork.

I think a "Warning before bootage" is a great idea.

Also, cannot but cannot help but say this ;

Are you on the list?

(Heroes thing)

Other than the idiot who was "gtfo moria" I thought it was harmless fun. A bit of over the top spamming of one topic. Temporary bans would've sufficed, instead we lose another two valued and respected mebers.

3 Football topic members down in a week.. Place won't be the same.

Other than the idiot who was "gtfo moria" I thought it was harmless fun. A bit of over the top spamming of one topic. Temporary bans would've sufficed, instead we lose another two valued and respected mebers.

3 Football topic members down in a week.. Place won't be the same.

Yeah, they were football topic heroes, especially Ant, although I laughed at him and mocked him I always had a major respect for his almost religious belief in his club?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!