N-Europe

Dreams...

Cheapshot

Dreams are supposed to describe your character and mine are just too damn wierd usually involving flying, girls and beating people up because I'm mental like that -- I don't want to delve more into them to be honest. :p

Anyone here had dreams too strange to be true.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a weird dream a couple of days ago but the strange thing is, it was a stereotypical weird dream, the kind you see in cartoons but doesn't really reflect what weird dreams are like. I was asking my g/f something and she didn't answer, instead her Macaw, which for some reason had become a turkey but was still blue and yellow, answered instead. When I said I didn't understand, her computer monitor turned around and tried to explain it to me.

I had a really wierd and bordering on scary/freaky dream once.

I was in a huge old abandoned warehouse that must have been an old supermarket or store at some stage because it had isles. It was really run-down with next to no lighting and any lights there were, flickered on and off.

I think it must have been a supermarket because there were rows of freezer units and cabinets in some places and they were making the place all misty as they venting cold steam and chilling the place.

It was just me there, and now the extra freaky part;

I was being chased around this abandoned warehouse by both a REALLY REALLY fast running, half cyborg baby! and a Really Really tall and SCARY, but slow moving giant guy (very much like the Nemesis out of Resi 3!). Such a wierd combination!!

There was constant tension because of how the building was setup; it was hard to know where anyone was!! Constant suprises!

There was also a metal walkway around the top of the warehouse which i remember helped me to get out their way for a while!

You could make a scary film of it believe me!

If anyone remembers that advert (for a car i think), where a baby breaks out of hospital and is running on all fours (like a cheetah or something) down a corridor at night (It was on quite a few years ago); that's exactly like the baby in the dream; although it was kinda half machine!

You know when you are in a dream and they are scary (or it's not good) and you are so relieved when you wake up!!

They describe your character who said that? I have freaky dreams, so much so in fact that when i was at 6th form i had my own little following who would ask me for stories concerning my dreams, and seeing as i had a little dream journal because of them - i got most of them stored around the place, i even became reknowned for it which i guess isn't amazing nor bad at all. Had a freaky dream last night and one during my 'nap' one consisted of legging it from dogs, and another of returning home from a trip up west to bump into a bunch of old school mates and aquaintances only to be taken somewhere else - the gold saucer was there and we were trying to get there. Also do you guys think in your dreams if you get what i'm saying you probably do. I do love dreaming though shows me the extents of my imagination - good stuff! And they always got my mates in it and we end up doing some funky stuff, i.e. Gundam pilots at war with each other one minute, dog catchers the next, etc. etc. As it stands one of my dreams has been storyboarded for my mate who wants to animate during his uni course, can't wait to see how that turns out he's storyboarded it pretty true to my words so should be cool.

funy this thread pops up. i remember my dream clearly (always the ones u remember are about a girl) all i remember is that the girl i fell in love with in year 10 was there. and for some reason she was like my best friend. and she offered to kiss me, and we kissed. then im woken up because the wall is making to much noise. so i go back to sleep, then she is gone, only to be replaced by me being tormented by everyone i know, telling me to fuck off and shit....

one dream I remember was a bit weird, I was at this building (fairly boring, from what I remember it was one rectanguular room, with a spiral staircase to a small basement)

I was outside, there were people inside (some kind of party I think) and there were a few people outside in small groups.

I saw a crate, and it was full of mud, and in the ground (the top of the box was level with groundlevel)

was quite hard but I managed. I then saw a shape under the mud, wandered what it was, so I got a hose, and washed away the mud, and as the mud was washed away I realised it was a fully grown human body, in the fetal position, but completely caked in mud. was pretty sick, but I washed all the mud off, and then realised that she was alive, so I took her hand and pulled her out of the crate, then went inside, and something came and was getting people having the party and taking them away, and doing (I assume) whatever it did to the woman I had found earlier in the dream to them.

I found it coming towards me (it was non descript but evil) I got forced by it to run down to the basement, and I knew (as you do) that it was coming slowly down the stairs to get me.

I looked around the room, there wasn't anything I could hide behind or in, and no escape routes, so once it got down that was it (what it was I don't know but hey)

then I noticed an alcove in the wall, and there was a horn, a long spirally animal horn.

I picked it up, turned round and "it" was in the room and coming towards me, I got the horn and played it, and "it" didn't like it and scarpered.

for some reason its stuck in my mind

then im woken up because the wall is making to much noise. so i go back to sleep, then she is gone, only to be replaced by me being tormented by everyone i know, telling me to fuck off and shit....
Yeah, it always seems to be that whenever a dream is getting good, you wake up!

If you want me to get psychological; i think it's because dreaming tends to take place most (dreaming is strongest) during the REM (Rapid Eye Movement) part of your sleep pattern, which occurs at the beginning and end of your sleep cycle! Therefore you could be having a great dream at the end of your sleep cycle and wake up! DOH!

i once played resident evil remake about 1 in the morning, and then watched a movie called 'Versus' then when i went to sleep. I dreamed that my town got infected by a virus, then turns everybody into zombies and i was the only survivor and i had a katana, fighting zombies in the dream. I kept on getting bashed up and just surviving. Then i started to kick ass, and then my alarm on my DS went off. So i missed out on the best part of my dream.

Yeah, it always seems to be that whenever a dream is getting good, you wake up!

If you want me to get psychological; i think it's because dreaming tends to take place most (dreaming is strongest) during the REM (Rapid Eye Movement) part of your sleep pattern, which occurs at the beginning and end of your sleep cycle! Therefore you could be having a great dream at thend of your sleep cycle and wake up! DOH!

just to be anal, dreams ONLY occur during REM periods, which happens during the final period of every sleep cycle. the average person has five sleep cycles a night.

Had a dream ages ago involving a pigme killing people with a needle and another dream involving a local first school killing off pupils because they simply ran out of room. Both are about four years old yet I can remember them vividly. Just too long to type (cause im lazy).

One last night involved two competing end of year parties, one of which had some weird water slide thing that had gaps missing but the momentum hopped you in between them. Then later there was a group of us being told what to do by some coach-like figure and my best friend randomly turned to me and said something like "I know this is a bit innappropriate but you're a good man" than kissed me on the cheek. Could be cause last night he said "You're a good man" but there was no kissing. Was weird but c'est la vie.

I have messed up dreams, usually inspired by what i ahd been doing that day or what i had seen or read.

Ive had dreams about saving the Titanic, making a kickass fort of AOE2 in my head, Command and Conquer dreams (it was like MOTD, but analysing a battle...O_o) and some random dreams inspired by American Psycho :P

just to be anal, dreams ONLY occur during REM periods, which happens during the final period of every sleep cycle. the average person has five sleep cycles a night.

Heh, I'm definitely not an average person I guess; only have maybe 1 or 2 sleep cycles... Only get between 2-5 hours of sleep per night usually. I'm so healthy. ='D

Anyway, I usually have really weird dreams, when I can actually remember them (I usually don't). I've had videogame related dreams, like that one time when I went along with the Mario party (Mario, Yoshi and Toad, possibly others too) through a huge castle where everything was built for like, giants and stuff. Sadly, I don't remember what we were doing there. But it was fun.

Of course there are the occasional flying dreams, either with a broom à la Harry Potter, but more often I just have to flap with my arms to go up in the air. Those dreams rock.

Most of my dreams are kinda nightmarish though... seeing as how they involve dead people and zombies and ghosts and the like. They're scary, yet I never wake up feeling scared (sometimes a bit disturbed though). Like the one where everyone in the entire world had turned into evil flesh eating zombies and I had to keep running away but they were litterally everywhere (even the ground was littered with zombie bodies). The freaky part was my family coming after me too. No wonder I don't want to play games like Resident Evil; I get enough zombie action in my dreams already. ='3

but more often I just have to flap with my arms to go up in the air. Those dreams rock.

Yeah flapping always works in my dreams. I have alot of wierd natural disaster dreams too, usually tidal waves which is wierd cause i live 200 miles from the coast.

Anyone ever get false dream memories? By that I mean that in a dream you remember something happening but when you wake up you realise it never happened.

Or is it just me?

As in; A while ago I had a dream I had much more money in my bank than I do. It was part way through the next day I was like "Actually, I don't have that much money. Shit."

That what you mean?

I always have really strange dreams, totally out of this world. Ones that are more terrifying than anything, more terrifying than death, like i cant die, just go through excruciating pain, over and over, being chased, and that terrible feeling of not being fast enough and being caught. Then i wake up and i have paranoid thoughts that its real. My mental state scares me sometimes :S

I don't think I've ever had a flying dream. But then there never seems to be anything special about me when I'm dreaming. In fact I'm notably detached: I don't really feel anything, don't react, just drift from scene to scene like any other 2D character.

As I find I can only write early in the early morning — 2AM onwards — a lot of my dreams are more an extension of my wakeful brainstorming. They often end up a strange cocktail of reality and fiction, each seeping in to the other whilst appearing strangely sensible. No matter what happens, I never question anything in my dreams.

I can't really give specifics as dreams fade from me as soon as I wake; the harder I try to grasp them the more elusive they become. It's like seeing something in the corner of your eye, but when you try to focus on it you can't find it anymore.

When I was younger usually animals or people threatened me in my dreams. In one dream the whole house was full of snakes, in another lots of big angry dogs ran through the street and one jumped up to me on the second floor, then I had a dream where I was in some sort of sect and to become a higher part the leader had to hack your head off. Then a head of metal came up where my normal head was before, this went through multiple stages but before the last stage, where I would get a golden head, I refused and tried to get out - man I'm glad it was just a dream. :D

About a month ago I had a resident evil like dream. First I was in the mansion from RE1 but there were more people and less zombies around, then I was in town, the zombies were already spreading fast then it changed again (note that all the time I had a first person view and in the next part of the dream too which implies that I was a zombie in my dream too). It seems as if a camera is standing on a motorway and cars are passing by then someone says (the strange thing was that this was actually in english) sometimes it doesn't matter who has the better technology and the better programs but only who has more horsepower and suddenly the zombie starts to move, jumps once and lands one a car, jumps again, higher this time, lands on the other side of the road, jumps again and almost floats in the air before he lands on a tree. The tree seems like a nest where a half eaten human lies, then he looks into the distance and you see a field of dead corpses.

Edit: I also had two dream about the Revo, in one Nintendo sent me a Revo with two game demos and it already featured a tilt sensor, cool experience. Sadly I can't remember the other dream about the Revo properly

Guest Offerman

My most recent memorable dream was a week ago when I was away with my mates. We spent the afternoon making hash cakes, weird I know but Kudos to my mate who made this awesome cake mix. Bless her. We poured loads of green in it and made cup cakes. We all had about four. Anywho after abit of talking we all fell asleep and I think I was curled up in a little ball, anywho at first I was flying and had the strangest urge to see the Northen Lights so I randomly flew really high and manage to navigate myself to the Artic Circle, and I was only wearing a t-shirt and trousers but was not cold. I was sitting on this giant ice cube looking up at the Northern Lights and it was really vivid. There where loads of like random Fern trees as well swaying in the breeze and it was dark.

After abit I took off again and flew too America and landed in this estate that looked alot like those sandy housing estates you see in Offspring videos. Probably because we had been listening to Offspring, then I remember taking off again and falling from a huge height into the sea, where I then went through the sea and through the earth and landed in the bush, in Australia, where I saw the Northern Lights again. Something which of course is geographically impossible.

I then woke up, and that was about it. I don't remember the rest of the day awake, XD. :o

Haha, Offerman's a stoner :P

I must say that was the most entertaining part about his story for me too. Last memorable dream I had was my mate telling me that I was shit at Star Wars: Battlefront 2. How this lasted an entire dream I don't know. I haven't had a completely out of this world dream in ages.

Ones that are more terrifying than anything, more terrifying than death, like i cant die, just go through excruciating pain, over and over

Ack, yeah, I've had those too. Worst one was where I was in a greasy bathtub with water, still fully clothed. And for some reason I think I tried to kill myself (slit wrists and that kind of stuff) or something. It was all really bloody and painful. Thing is I didn't die. But the police came and there was some officer investigating everything and they all thought I was dead but I just couldn't move anymore or say anything. They were about to stuff me away in a body bag when someone (strangely, I think it was one of my cousins) somehow noticed that I wasn't dead yet... That dream completely freaked me out when I woke up. >.>;

There's a thing that puzzles me though, about dreams... Like, the point of view doesn't always stay the same. At one point it's first person, while at another point it's a third person view or just a set camera point in the room or something.

And sometimes I'm not myself in a dream, just someone completely else. I even think in one dream I was Link. X3

So, am I like, the only one who has this stuff in her dreams or is it normal?