N-Europe

Heroes Season 2 *Spoilers*

Retro_Link

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stefkov

Yeah, I would have thought the Haitian could select what powers/what memories he would want to stop/pull out. So I didn't think much of Elle using her power around him.

Gret episode, Kristen is like everyone said. The part where Peter went through the wall I thought was amazing.

DL getting punched in the head made me laugh. If he can let a hand go through his head, why can't he let a bullet go through his chest? That's he only thing I thought was iffy about him, it happened in season 1 aswell.

Yeah, I would have thought the Haitian could select what powers/what memories he would want to stop/pull out. So I didn't think much of Elle using her power around him.

Gret episode, Kristen is like everyone said. The part where Peter went through the wall I thought was amazing.

DL getting punched in the head made me laugh. If he can let a hand go through his head, why can't he let a bullet go through his chest? That's he only thing I thought was iffy about him, it happened in season 1 aswell.

DL was surprised by the gun really, like when Linderman shot him. He didn't have enough time to activate his powers, I guess.

But the Haitian being selective, how come near the end of S1 there was a scene wit hall of them in a building, and DL tried to use his power but couldn't. Someone said "The Haitian must be upstairs somewhere" as if he was blocking them without realizing.

And that description really, really sucked.

DL was surprised by the gun really, like when Linderman shot him. He didn't have enough time to activate his powers, I guess.

But the Haitian being selective, how come near the end of S1 there was a scene wit hall of them in a building, and DL tried to use his power but couldn't. Someone said "The Haitian must be upstairs somewhere" as if he was blocking them without realizing.

And that description really, really sucked.

Wasn't that episode 20, 5 years in the future? I think the general feeling I got there was that he got better :)

Wasn't that episode 20, 5 years in the future? I think the general feeling I got there was that he got better :)

No idea. I can't remember :p

I liked the last episode, but can't figure out why it was all left 8 episodes to reveal everything. Nor can I figure out how it's all supposedly going to reach some sort of conclusion by ep 11

I read somewhere that Tim Kring admitted they took it too slowly in the beginning, didn't introduce us to Adam fast enough, didn't show us the past 4 months fast enough, and haven't introduced the new characters well enough.

I read somewhere that Tim Kring admitted they took it too slowly in the beginning, didn't introduce us to Adam fast enough, didn't show us the past 4 months fast enough, and haven't introduced the new characters well enough.

Could it have been two pages ago?

On the chilly Monday morning that Hollywood's writers went on strike, Heroes creator Tim Kring called from the streets outside the Hollywood studio where his NBC series is shot. ''Yes, I'm picketing my own show,'' says the 50-year-old writer-producer. ''So surreal.''

But Kring wasn't calling to discuss labor woes — he was calling to explain why Heroes, suffering a creative decline and a 15 percent ratings drop from the same period last year, went from Human Torch hot to Iceman cold. The good news? A turnaround appears to be under way. After weeks of sluggish storytelling, the Nov. 5 episode recaptured some of last season's fanciful energy. We've also seen the next two episodes — and we like them, too. The cliff-hangers are back. Narrative purpose has been discovered. Old favorites like Peter (Milo Ventimiglia) and Horn-Rimmed Glasses (Jack Coleman) take center stage. Even more encouraging: Kring himself is keenly aware that Heroes is broken. Here's his candid critique:

THE PACE IS TOO SLOW ''We assumed the audience wanted season 1 — a buildup of intrigue about these characters and the discovery of their powers. We taught [them] to expect a certain kind of storytelling. They wanted adrenaline. We made a mistake.''

THE WORLD-SAVING STAKES SHOULD HAVE BEEN ESTABLISHED SOONER The premonition of nuclear apocalypse created a larger context that unified every story line last season. Kring now sees that Volume 2 (the first 11 episodes of season 2) would have been better served if Peter's vision of viral Armageddon had appeared in the season premiere rather than episode 7. ''We took too long to get to the big-picture story,'' he says.

THE ROOKIES DIDN'T GREET THEMSELVES PROPERLY New Heroes Monica (Dana Davis), Maya (Dania Ramirez), and Alejandro (Shalim Ortiz) ''shouldn't have been introduced in separate story lines that felt unattached to the show. The way we introduced Elle (Kristen Bell) — by weaving her in via Peter's story line — is a more logical way to bring new characters into the show.'' (That said, Kring says a few newbies won't make it beyond this second volume, which wraps Dec. 3.)

HIRO WAS IN JAPAN WAY TOO LONG Hiro's (Masi Oka) time-bending adventure in 17th-century Japan — where he mentored samurai hero Takezo Kensei (David Anders) — finally came to an end on Nov. 5. But Kring says it ''should have [lasted] three episodes. We didn't give the audience enough story to justify the time we allotted it.''

YOUNG LOVE STINKS Kring regrets sticking Claire (Hayden Panettiere) with a super-dud boyfriend and forcing Hiro to moon over a cutesy princess. ''I've seen more convincing romances on TV,'' he admits. ''In retrospect, I don't think romance is a natural fit for us.''

Yet while Heroes has finally found some dramatic traction, this second volume is pretty much a wash. The Dec. 3 episode has been retooled to function as a potential season finale — a move inspired by the writers' strike and a desire to give the show ''a clean slate'' when it goes back into production for Volume 3. At that point, Kring wants to craft a rebooted Heroes that can attract new fans and win back those who've tuned out: ''The message is that we've heard the complaints — and we're doing something about it.''

Just finished watching Ep 8, was good but not as good as ep 7.

Some things just didn't make sense, like why the hell would Bob keep Peter and Adam/Kensai next to each other in rooms that aren't sound proofed and let them talk to each other. Surely if he thought Adam was that dangerous and letting him talk to Peter and get Peter to follow him would be a really bad thing.

Why no CCTV and microphone survelence in the rooms? What with Adam supposidly an evil madman and Peter the UBER mutation, and they just leave them there to talk?

And it took Peter what 2 months to figure out something was wrong? He just sat there for 2 months and never thought about telling his family where he was, or check on Nathan? That does not sound like Peter at all, the Peter we knew in season 1 would have never agreed to anything unless he was able to tell his family he was ok first.

But the reason for Nathans "burned reflection" and how he is "normal" again was good.

DL's story was cool, was nice to see he did survive Lindermans bullets, and seeing him as a firefighter saving lives was cool, shame they went and killed him.

And I guess it explains whats up with Nikki, at the end of season 1 she seemed in control of everything, so when season 2 started it was confusing how she was all worried again... but really I think it was all Bobs fault, if he never got in her head she prolly still would have stayed in control.

And as for Bob, this ep really threw the doors open, I've always felt Bob was a dirty character, but this ep showed it more than others, previous eps always left a feeling about Bob that he might be good after all.

And Adam? This ep kinda makes you wonder, is he really bad? He prolly is and hopefully we'll see some of it next week but the way he was in this ep he just didn't come off as sinister as i thought he would or as much of a mastermind that i thought he might be (having planned everything to make sure Hiro went to the past and do what he did so that he could take revenge on Hiro when he gets back... and the world with him).

And the Haitian? What was he thinking? I was wonder how Peter ended up in that create, but that made even less sense. How in the world could he think that locking Peter up in a box bound for Cork, and taking his memories would possibly be a good thing?

And for an ep that was meant to answer some questions, it still left a fair few.

There was nothing about what Claire, HRG, Matt, Molly and Mohinder did in those 4 months.

And even more important no explanation for what was done to Sylar and why his powers are not working, and why in the world they sent him to a remote location in Mexico and only the "illusionist" girl to look after him (forgot her name)

Guest Stefkov

Hang on. The Haitian wanted to make Peter start afresh. A new life, a new memory..

Why was he left with that box? We just saw in that episode the Haitian locked the crate, no-one else got it. Where'd the box come from?

Hang on. The Haitian wanted to make Peter start afresh. A new life, a new memory..

Why was he left with that box? We just saw in that episode the Haitian locked the crate, no-one else got it. Where'd the box come from?

The Irish dude most likely just found all the stuff in Peters pockets and put them into a box to keep them tidy and safe

OK a couple of things first of all:

1.If Adam's blood is healing, then maybe Claire's is. If so, then why during the Homecoming event when they tested her blood to confirm it was hers (Matt said during Company Man they found her blood all over the crime scene) then how did the police not notice anything odd about it?

2.Adam said that he was locked up because they could not kill him - what about destroying the brain, as Chandra said everything is controlled there.

3. Why are the Irish boyos expecting I-Pods if Peter is coincidentally locked in that container? Is it a setup and he was supposed to be found by Ricky and his mates.

4. If Angela is founder of the company, would Bob not tell her that they have found her son, or is she not involved any more?

5. So DL found Nicky in all of LA in less than a week? And where was Micah at the time?

6. Where was Matt during these 4 months, bearing in mind he got shot in the chest four times?

I think Adam is partly the cause of the virus, and missleading Peter to get him on his side.

Wouldn't surprise me if Adams and/or Peters blood is the virus. We know Nathan died on the first outbreak of the virus and Nathan got given his blood. And Peter has now absorbed it (if it's different from Claire) and then it can somehow spread. Adam can activate it the virus somehow, and they keep Adam and Peter looked up thinking nothing can go wrong, take their blood for cures and experiment by giving them pills that might not work, but since they can heal, they're only ones that can take them.

And if Adam is really old, then lots of experiments so his blood could be in more people than we think.

Also Adam might heal pretty fast so they can't cut open his head, aka Sylar cutting Peter. But doesn't explain how Sylar killed Claire in 5 years later...

I guess perhaps the Company has no real desire to "cure" anyone, but to in act "control" them for their own needs, just look at Nikki.

Perhaps they knew they could kill Adam if they attack the brain, but because they are dumbass evil they somehow think they could control Adam somehow which would be better than killing him

Also do not forget that the virus is actually a new strain of the virus that killed Mohinders sister (Shanti... hence it being called the Shanti Virus"), i don't remember if in season one if it was suggested that the company ever had any contact with her, but i'm almost certain they didn't... course i suppose that doesn't mean Adam/Kensai never had contact with her.

Why no CCTV and microphone survelence in the rooms? What with Adam supposidly an evil madman and Peter the UBER mutation, and they just leave them there to talk?

Actually I'm sure I saw a CCTV camera in Adam's room.. I wondered why on earth the security hadn't spotted them talking!

And it took Peter what 2 months to figure out something was wrong? He just sat there for 2 months and never thought about telling his family where he was, or check on Nathan? That does not sound like Peter at all, the Peter we knew in season 1 would have never agreed to anything unless he was able to tell his family he was ok first.
It seemed to be that the show was trying to show that Peter believed he was more harm than help to anyone.. But yeah, surely he would've at least have wanted a phone call? But then, why did he dissapear from the hospital in the way he did?

but really I think it was all Bobs fault, if he never got in her head she prolly still would have stayed in control.
Maybe you could argue he was just a trigger for a gun that was already loaded... More evidence to say that Bob really does want to help, and that his tactics are just a bit rusty?

And as for Bob, this ep really threw the doors open, I've always felt Bob was a dirty character, but this ep showed it more than others, previous eps always left a feeling about Bob that he might be good after all.

Indeed it's a bit up and down with him. Clearly connected to a company with un-PC ways of dealing with people with powers. He himself has some, and has experience with the previous generation of guys - but because we know nothing about that generation it's hard to say who was 'good' or bad. Maybe they all just had differing ideas of how to 'save the world'.

I don't like how Bob treats people with powers like statistics. He seems to think that powers are good, but not all of them. I guess he doesn't believe that there's any 'purpose' of them, that they really are just some sort of evolutionary occurance and that some will be unwanted.

And Adam? This ep kinda makes you wonder, is he really bad? He prolly is and hopefully we'll see some of it next week but the way he was in this ep he just didn't come off as sinister as i thought he would or as much of a mastermind that i thought he might be (having planned everything to make sure Hiro went to the past and do what he did so that he could take revenge on Hiro when he gets back... and the world with him).
Adam said that linderman was his protegé, but didn't he also say something about linderman going about it the wrong way? To be honest, I really can't remember what 'way' linderman went about anything much :S But I'm sure I have the impression that he was a bit shady and underhand.

I don't think Adam planned sending Hiro back. If hiro hadn't gone back in time, Kensei would've fought those guys on the horses instead of Hiro zapping him away, and hiro wouldn't have had to spend 7 episodes correcting that mistake. I think the whole Adam/Bob thing, along with Sylar too (and is there still a guy with Bug-controlling powers, or is that sylar.. still confused about that) is going to (hopefully) be a largely uncertain factor. Who is good? Who is bad? Is there a right and a wrong?

And even more important no explanation for what was done to Sylar and why his powers are not working, and why in the world they sent him to a remote location in Mexico and only the "illusionist" girl to look after him (forgot her name)

That is a total mystery to me too :P Well she was working with linderman before, so is she working with Bob's company now? I can't recall. Maybe that's a third party, still to enter in Chapter 3?

1.If Adam's blood is healing, then maybe Claire's is. If so, then why during the Homecoming event when they tested her blood to confirm it was hers (Matt said during Company Man they found her blood all over the crime scene) then how did the police not notice anything odd about it?

2.Adam said that he was locked up because they could not kill him - what about destroying the brain, as Chandra said everything is controlled there.

From a (pretty damn) vague knowledge of blood, it's not as simple as doing one test and getting every single characteristic in one print-out... maybe it depents on teh testing? Maybe it relates to time the blood is exposed and alien to the home body? Who knows! I still like to think that Adam and Claire's abilities are different.

3. Why are the Irish boyos expecting I-Pods if Peter is coincidentally locked in that container? Is it a setup and he was supposed to be found by Ricky and his mates.

Yeah I found it odd that the people who were going to load the container with the stuff the irish were looking for, actually not only failed to notice peter in teh container but also failed to flipping load it!

6. Where was Matt during these 4 months, bearing in mind he got shot in the chest four times?
Maybe another flashback episode to come? I dunno :)

I think Adam is partly the cause of the virus, and missleading Peter to get him on his side.

The whole virus thing is still confusing to me. The Puerto Ricans (shit, I can never remember which country they're from...) must have some sort of role besides meeting sylar along the way. Maybe he kills one of them, whatever, but they're surely important either in the spreading or the potential prevention of the virus. Maybe sylar kills the brother, and somewhere along the way has a change of heart about being evil and teams up with petrelli and co. Maybe he kills teh girl and accidentally triggers it... maybe peter does a Ted again... Too many options!

Loooooooooong post. Sorry.

Maybe you could argue he was just a trigger for a gun that was already loaded... More evidence to say that Bob really does want to help, and that his tactics are just a bit rusty?

Ok that makes sense too

I don't like how Bob treats people with powers like statistics. He seems to think that powers are good, but not all of them. I guess he doesn't believe that there's any 'purpose' of them, that they really are just some sort of evolutionary occurance and that some will be unwanted.

I don't get why he ignores the option of teaching Peter to control his powers rather than take them away, after all he could do a lot of good things with his powers.

Adam said that linderman was his protegé, but didn't he also say something about linderman going about it the wrong way? To be honest, I really can't remember what 'way' linderman went about anything much :S But I'm sure I have the impression that he was a bit shady and underhand.

Actually I'm sure it was Bob (in ep 7) who said that Linderman was Adams protegé, I don't think Adam mentioned him at all.

I don't think Adam planned sending Hiro back. If hiro hadn't gone back in time, Kensei would've fought those guys on the horses instead of Hiro zapping him away, and hiro wouldn't have had to spend 7 episodes correcting that mistake. I think the whole Adam/Bob thing, along with Sylar too (and is there still a guy with Bug-controlling powers, or is that sylar.. still confused about that) is going to (hopefully) be a largely uncertain factor. Who is good? Who is bad? Is there a right and a wrong?

But that wasn't Adam/Kensai on that horse, it was a "stand-in" that he got to do the tough jobs for him while he waited in safe place. And if Hiro wasn't there that guy would have died.

And remember before Hiro, Kensai was a self centered drunk, he wouldn't have tried to be a hero if not for Hiro, and if not for Hiro kissing the girl Kensai/Adam would not have gone evil filled with hatred for Hiro.

From this I feel he first needed to make sure Hiro went back in time to keep the timeline as it was (even though Hiro thinks he broke it, he actually didn't), and then when Hiro comes back to the present when Kensai confronts him, Hiro will see what Kensai has become and know it was all his fault. And then Kensai can take revenge, afterall no point in taking revenge on someone for something they hadn't done yet. Sure he had to wait a LONG time, but he's obviously very patient.

Hell Adam/Kensai prolly told Hiro's dad to tell young Hiro the stories of Kensai to make sure Hiro would want to try and "help" his "hero".

EDIT:

Oh yeah another thing i forgot about, I thought they would have done something in this ep to show what happened to Matt, how did he survive taking what 5 bullets? And what happened between him and his wife (ignore that ep when he first met his dad, as that sequence was part of a "nightmare" implanted by Matts dad so we can't really take that as fact. ie: her kid was not Matts)

I think you're all jumping to conclusions about Adam and Hiro- for all we know, Adam doesn't even know Hiro is from this time period. it's possible he saw him as a child but he wouldn't know who he is now.

Personally, I think Adam will find out about Hiro through Peter using the time power and explaining who gave it him.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!