NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Halo 3 is awsum

he wouldn't have had time to step off. I just sidestepped, took the driver and then jumped straight across for the gunner.

was an awesome game that actually. Customs, naturally. Won 3-2 in the end with my 2nd capture.

Naturally! I just used my 1 month sub so I'll play some Halo 3 next time you're on Dan Dan The Great.

Dan we still aint played, giv me a msg wen ya nxt havin a game!

Dan Dare Presents: The New Age of Fail. starring: Dr Oatker, Tree Finger, Stray Android and Hulka 'Tea Bag' T

Avengers Assemble! Blue team have a capture to make and they mean business. They're a rescue team, not Assassins!

69883530-Full.jpg

...Their teamwork is impeccable.

69883823-Full.jpg

....Their actions merciless!

69888063-Full.jpg

While Oatker and Tree Finger continue to savage the red team, Android and Hulka have seized the flag, moving with a fluidity and synchronised grace that reportedly gave Knight a semi.

69888230-Full.jpg

A perfect getaway? Some damn fool said they were the best!

69888483-Full.jpg

but wait! Red team are mounting up to give chase. if only one of the blue team had a laser...

69888645-Full.jpg

All the best heroes come prepared. Like Batman.

69888880-Full.jpg

Wait...NO!

69888942-Full.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOO!

69889153-Full.jpg

son of a BITCH!

69889287-Full.jpg

Oatker: Bastion of FAIL.

69889448-Full.jpg

Edited by Dan_Dare

^ that's one of the legendary maps and actually it's the best of the lot. Love that map. Although whenever I played it it always turned out to be Team Sniper. :shakehead Having a huge TD on there is great though. Definitely one of the best maps on Halo 3.

Avalanche is definitely one of my favourite maps. It's huge, but features some amazing 'shrinking' design that never puts you far away from the action, even on foot. Brilliant.

Darn you! Now you've made me want to dig into my videos for some epic encounters.

Edit: A few of my stories.

The Mission: Get The Flag.

screenshotznm.jpg

Oh Noes! Sword!

screenshotv.jpg

RARGGHHH!

screenshotgzf.jpg

Missed Me!

screenshotjdh.jpg

Got It!

screenshotunv.jpg

BONK!

screenshotypl.jpg

The Mission: Take the enemy Warthog

Thanks for the lift, mate.

screenshotrti.jpg

screenshotnhl.jpg

It's down! Charge!

screenshotnep.jpg

Hop in. Watch out for the stream of hot lead.

screenshotrgv.jpg

Drive off while the enemy is confuddled.

screenshotcng.jpg

Ooh! It's a Pay & Spray!

screenshotlns.jpg

Geroff!

screenshothui.jpg

Meanwhile...

screenshotgaw.jpg

A member of Team Red makes a tactical jump to dodge my ally's warthog...

screenshotkkm.jpg

...as I reverse out of the Pay & Spray.

screenshoturf.jpg

Urg! I got something stuck in my wheel. And I only just got it cleaned a few seconds ago.

screenshotffw.jpg

Edited by Cube

Awesome stories. :D I'm fairly sure I've got some good videos I could do one of these with. Gonna boot up Halo 3 later on tonight me thinks. What time do you play Dan of Darington?

good shit Cube! (also apologies for earlier my connection died a horrible death and i dunno how to stop it)

we usually play around 8:30 or 9:00 onwards Dyson. I'm sure you'll be welcome.

It's an N-E Knockout!

Starring: Dyson

Also starring: teh_thunderer, Colin, kirbi360, martinist, Gaggle64 and Shorty.

---

The mission: Do something truly epic.

70010043-Full.jpg

Gaggle sets his sight on the Oddball. It's just respawned, and there's nobody around. The perfect getaway.

70010139-Full.jpg

But, wait? What's this? Our hero Dyson has arrived to stop this vile fiend! A rocket to the back should suffice.

70013995-Full.jpg

...Whoops.

So far, not good. The mission continues.

---

Soon after, Dyson takes the gravity lift for easy access, but on his way spots two people fighting for the skull. Looks like Shorty and martinist!

70014198-Full.jpg

A midair rocket fails... this time. He lets them live for now - there are far more important things to worry about. Where's that Oddball gone?!

70014451-Full.jpg

Aha! Here it is! Time for some points!

70014578-Full.jpg

But who's this?! Why, it's Dyson's rival and best friend, thunderer, here to crash the party. Our hero Dyson is surely screwed, how will he escape what appears to be a direct rocket?

70014638-Full.jpg

The perfect jump! He avoids the first rocket of the barrage successfully. But Dyson is aware a second is about to be fired, so he must think fast..

70014733-Full.jpg

To the gravity lift! The explosion goes off behind him and Dyson makes a swift getaway whilst thunderer no doubt shakes his fist at letting such an easy kill get away from him.

70014873-Full.jpg

But wait! Here comes kirbi to try and foil Dysons plans and mission! He narrowly misses with a Rocket - little did he realise the impact this would later have.

70014994-Full.jpg

A close escape from a midair collision, the two go their separate ways for now.

70015173-Full.jpg

70015621-Full.jpg

Little did he realise that he was not only facing a threat he could see, but a rocket to the back. There's no escaping his fate this time.

So far, there's been some somewhat epic stuff going on but nothing truly special. Will Dyson complete his mission?!

---

Soon after..

70016100-Full.jpg

The skull is retrieved once more! Perhaps he can make a clean getaway this time..

70016231-Full.jpg

But no! Once more Dyson's rival appears in the same place to finish what he failed to start previously. Of course - Dyson never finished him off before!

70016365-Full.jpg

...He didn't make the same mistake again. A quick hop over the gravity lift once more with a bubble shield in hand, he plans on holing himself up.

70016560-Full.jpg

This would have been a most excellent plan, if he hadn't stepped outside of the bubble for an unknown reason.

70016645-Full.jpg

Doh! Now the skull is lost on the platform! Quickly Dyson, get there!

70016747-Full.jpg

AHA! The PERFECT respawn, only a grav lift away from retrieving the very skull he just dropped. The plan is simple, take the gravity lift and retrieve the skull. Ad lib from there.

70016834-Full.jpg

BUT WAIT! The elite won't let this happen without a fight! He plans to make a clean getaway to the other side of the bridge - but Dyson fails to notice this and has taken the lift anyway! This can't end well...can it?

70016906-Full.jpg

70016955-Full.jpg

"Well, fuck."

70017023-Full.jpg

Boom! The mid-air rocket connects with the target perfectly. A feat that couldn't be recreated if anyone tried - this was truly the epic moment Dyson was searching for.

Unfortunately, it's not all a happy ending for our hero. The force of the rocket slows down Dyson's speed, and it's a long way down...

70017377-Full.jpg

70017445-Full.jpg

MISSION: SUCCESSFUL

Edited by Dyson

Haha, bloody hell, I click in here just to see what's happening and am confronted with then horrifying memory of my definitive pwnage (I was the elite in purple BTW.) Man I still need to get you back somehow :heh:

ah i remember that game! kirbi360 kept taking the ball and throwing it over the edge >_<

Haha, bloody hell, I click in here just to see what's happening and am confronted with then horrifying memory of my definitive pwnage (I was the elite in purple BTW.) Man I still need to get you back somehow :heh:

Ah yes, I got some of the names mixed up - namely yours and kirbi's. But that was brilliant; probably my fondest H3 memory :heh:

ah i remember that game! kirbi360 kept taking the ball and throwing it over the edge >_<

Yep, causing about half of the players to jump off on to the platform below to be unknowingly slaughtered by the Guardians. I watched the replay last night and it was hilarious :D

I was in that game? Must've been a long time ago!

It was! You were the one in white armor.

What is this icon?

sm_falldamage.gif

Its what i have least kills with but it gives no clue to what it is.

All it says is "Classified IIIIEEEEEIIIII!!!".

Edited by Kirkatronics

What is this icon?

Its what i have least kills with but it gives no clue to what it is.

All it says is "Classified IIIIEEEEEIIIII!!!".

images/halo3stats/weapons/sm_falldamage.gif

Never fallen off the edge on a map? Down a cliff? etc?

If you grav hammer someone and the blast knocks them off but the impact doesn't kill them, it counts as a fall damage kill.

Never fallen off the edge on a map? Down a cliff? etc?

If you grav hammer someone and the blast knocks them off but the impact doesn't kill them, it counts as a fall damage kill.

Yeah, same with the blast from a grenade, or if you physically push them off (when they're AFK or something and standing next to the edge). Also possibly if you take off all their shields and they jump off the edge.

Yeah if you damage someone and they fall off it does the same thing :D

As a PS3 only guy I'm pretty impressed with the epicness of the Halo 3 stories, you don't get that with Killzone lol.