NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Halo 3 is awsum

I'm fairly sure that they said you don't need Halo 3 to play OSTD.

The only ways they could do it are:

- Having the game copy OSTD onto the HDD (but there would be no season to not have it as DLC).

- Require people to put the Halo 3 disk in before they play OSTD. Every time. Which would be annoying.

- Check for a Halo 3 save. Which would mean that people could just borrow a copy.

I'm fairly sure that 99.99% of people who will get OSTD will own Halo 3 anyway. So they don't really need to check if they do own Halo 3.

If this is the casee what the new skull achievys that are built into Halo 3 for?

Or av i missed summink? lol

I'm fairly sure that they said you don't need Halo 3 to play OSTD.

The only ways they could do it are:

- Having the game copy OSTD onto the HDD (but there would be no season to not have it as DLC).

- Require people to put the Halo 3 disk in before they play OSTD. Every time. Which would be annoying.

- Check for a Halo 3 save. Which would mean that people could just borrow a copy.

I'm fairly sure that 99.99% of people who will get OSTD will own Halo 3 anyway. So they don't really need to check if they do own Halo 3.

If this is the casee what the new skull achievys that are built into Halo 3 for?

Or av i missed summink? lol

Bah, I want it. Still only available to Halo Wars owners right?

Major Nelson gave out a code for it yesterday, I narrowly missed it :(

The Mythic pack is, as they say in the breeding world and beyond, the dogs bollocks. 3 of their best, no doubt.

The Mythic pack is, as they say in the breeding world and beyond, the dogs bollocks. 3 of their best, no doubt.

Is it available to everyone yet?

If so, how much?

not yet. I got Halo Wars like the dirty fanboy whore I am

You dirty fan boy whore!

When is it for general release?

They've not said. 'Weeks, not months' is the latest guesttimate. So, uh, less than 7 weeks. I can't see it being much longer than 3 or 4 myself

they're absoloutely astonishingly good, actually. Superb.

Put a movie in your file share, Dan.

i dont reckon you'd be able to watch a movie of the mythic maps without owning them?

Anyone up for a few games later?

i dont reckon you'd be able to watch a movie of the mythic maps without owning them?

Anyone up for a few games later?

Ah, didnt think about that.

Bungie are introducing variants of Sandtrap maps, designed by their level design teams, in to matchmaking. I already have one of them and it's fucking ace. Can't wait to see how they go with this idea.

Sandtrap is the new forge baby: it shits on Foundry from epic heights.

the thing with foundry was that the default layout- apparently one designed by fucking idiots and simpletons at that- was the only one that ever made it in to a bungie playlist in the matchmaking system (with the exception of MLG)

with sandtrap, the default layout is not the only one that will be making it in to the playlists. They've already got an arena map called Tundra in the Halo Wars playlist and they're working on a few more. They'll be done in forge by Bungie map designers. It's a great change in policy- one map with infinite permutations is going to mean so many maps it'll be insane. insaaaane

Dan Dare presents: The second Great Halo Picture Montage by Dr Oatker.

A tale of heroics, daring do, flags and bad driving. Also, humiliation and pwnage.

It's flag time, dear readers. Dr Oatker takes time out from making delicious pizza (he recommends the 'Pollo') to help out like a Hero! Mount up boys!

69696674-Full.jpg

Peril! the blue team have two warthogs! Dr Oatker really hopes he doesn't run in to one of these again anytime soon.

69696771-Full.jpg

"Hey you guys mind if i borrow this? I love the colour I think it would really bring my room together"

69696822-Full.jpg

Disaster! Blue team have discovered our intrepid hero and the henchmen bear down on his escape! What next, Oatker fans?

69696869-Full.jpg

Zing! All good heroes come prepared. Like Batman.

69696944-Full.jpg

Oh no! Dr oatker takes a hit, but his trusty bubble outwits that fiend Subataii!

69697016-Full.jpg

Kapow!

69697072-Full.jpg

Whamo!

69697131-Full.jpg

Till next time, Oatkerheads!

69697313-Full.jpg

2009 Dan Dare productions. Only one Elite was harmed in the production of this comic.

You totally Owned them!

I love it how some warthog gunners don't seem to realise that they can get off the turret. I remember one awesome time where I missed a warthog with a sticky grenade (but still knocked it over) so I got into the drivers seat and drove away when they flipped it back over. The gunner still got into the turret and I drove off.

I then stepped out the driver's seat, walked to the gunner and whacked him in the back.