NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Halo 3 is awsum

halo34.jpg

The epic saga continues with Halo 3, the hugely anticipated sequel to the highly successful and critically acclaimed Halo franchise. In this third chapter of the Halo trilogy, Master Chief returns to finish the fight, bringing the epic conflict between the Covenant, the Flood, and the entire human race to a dramatic, pulse-pounding climax.

Halo 3 represents the third chapter in the Halo trilogy - an international award-winning action series that grew into a global entertainment phenomenon, selling more than 14.5 million units worldwide, logging more than 650 million hours of multiplayer action on Xbox Live, and spawning action figures, books, a graphic novel, apparel, and more.

Features:

Next-gen advantage: Taking full advantage of the power of Xbox 360, Halo 3 expands on everything that has made the Halo franchise great, adding a wealth of technical and gameplay advancements.

Evolution of design: Next-generation high-definition visuals, enhanced A.I., an advanced real-time lighting engine, and new weapons, characters, and challenges are just a few examples of Halo 3's evolution of design and technology.

Unparalleled experience: Ultimately, these improvements provide gamers with an unparalleled experience and, in the end, tell an even more compelling and engrossing story.

Online multiplayer: Working in concert with Xbox Live on Xbox 360, Halo 3 builds upon the unique social multiplayer experience and innovative, evolving online gameplay of Halo 2.

With only 2 weeks left til the release of the 3rd game I thought a topic could do with being created to see if anyone is doing anything to the build up of the games release and just for general Halo 3 discussions etc.

I said this in the 360 discussion but recently I read the first two Halo books. The first being a prequel to Halo showing how the Spartans were created and it ended just as you awoke from stasis in Halo 1. The second book was basically the novel adaption of the first game.

After I read through them I played through Halo 1 again yesterday and enjoyed every second of it, even though I had played it before. After reading the books alot more things made sense and the story came together more for me.

Now that that is done I have started the 3rd book which is already a fantastic read as it starts just after Halo 1 and it looks like its going to explain a few things that had me puzzled at the beginning of Halo 2. After this I will read the 4th book and then play through Halo 2.

So is anyone else doing anything like this? How do you think the story will play out in Halo 3? Will we get to see Master Chiefs face? More importantly...Are You Ready To Finish The Fight?

Meh, the whole Halo series havn't ever seemed to have the "magic" to me. Chief looks cool though.

I'M READY BUT MY F*&KING 360 ISN'T!!!

:heh:

Trilogy my eye.

There'll be a forth.

(and yeah never really found anything special in these games)

Yes I'm ready, as soon as I finish the first 2.

Don't bother you haven't missed much...I just finished the second a couple months ago...dull...I was so bored I started to run through the areas ignoring the enemies.

Halo 1 = masterpiece

Halo 2 = Horrible.

From the looks and sounds of things, Halo 3 is a far better game than the previous too.

Halo 1 = masterpiece

Halo 2 = Horrible.

From the looks and sounds of things, Halo 3 is a far better game than the previous too.

I thought Halo 1 was awesome until you just started backtracking through the stages.

I've remembered most from the books so I aint going back to them. Started playing through Halo 1 and Halo 2, just to refresh my memory. I just hope Gamestation hold out to their deal and at least deliver within the first three days.

Thats what everyone said about Halo 2 :P

Thats what everyone said about Halo 2 :P

Haha, that is indeed true.

Halo 3 MP Beta was better than Halo 2's MP, imo.

I loved the assualt rifle, i felt cheated when it was taken from my cold dead hands.

I hated Halo 2's MP because of that stupid energy sword. During one of my few games, I got put off mainly by this incident, I got killed by the same guy using his stupid homing energy sword 18 times. I was not happy.

I'm ready!

However, methinks it's a tad over-hyped, it'll still be bloody good though! I have my Legendary Edition pre-ordered with Gameplay (but that's only because I'm a big collector freak. :heh:)

I have been waiting years.

How can i not be ready?

Legendary or Heroic on release day me thinks.

I will be going through on normal by myself and on Heroic and Legendary on co-op.

Like Jordan I was annoyed when they done away with the Assault Rifle and was most pleased to see that it has made a return with the 3rd game.

I'M READY BUT MY F*&KING 360 ISN'T!!!

whs :weep:

If what they said on the phone, with regards to waiting times is correct I should have my 360 back the Tuesday before it comes out.....

Every slight hiccup my 360 has scares me at the moment. Honestly, if my 360 dies before Halo 3, i will go out and just buy an Elite.

I will be going through on normal by myself and on Heroic and Legendary on co-op.

Like Jordan I was annoyed when they done away with the Assault Rifle and was most pleased to see that it has made a return with the 3rd game.

The BR was far better than the AR ever was. I love the Battle Rifle. The AR in Halo 3 is poor and you should look to get a better gun ASAP if it's a AR start. You can't kill people from a distance with it and even close range you'll be pushed to get them in one clip.

Thats the point.

It was limited to 30 bullets, so that you have to end an attack on either a grenade or melee.

I was fantastic using the AR, awful using the BR. Me + burst fire = fail.

cant wait, got it pre-bought at blockbuster, release date cant come soon enuf