N-Europe

Best British beach

UK

Trebarwith Strand. Near to Tintagel, Cornwall. Fucking epic. Cracking Haven is great too, and also in wonderful Cornwall.

We was down that neck of the woods the other day talking to a guy who also recommened that beach. I've never been to that bit before even though we stay close to the quiter north, such as tintagel.

I would have to say Bedruthan Steps (Between padstow and newquay)

bedruthan_steps.jpg

I truly love that place.

Cleethorpes. The sky is grey, the water is grey and best of all, the sand is grey. Its by far the best/most depressing beach in the country.
I went to Cleethorpes on the hottest day this year... you can diss a lot about Cleethorpes but when the tide is in how can you say the sand is grey? The sand at Cleethorpes is great, proper soft traditional sand, no stones, hot, you sink into it if you try to walk with shoes on.... Plus it still has some old classics at the arcade like Time Crisis 2, House of the Dead 2 and Crazy Taxi. Ice Cream and junk food's not bad there either. Plus it has the green areas with waterfalls and walks, shops and crazy golf.

I don't think I've ever been to Cleethorpe's when the suns been out. The sun's been out everywhere else in the country, but as soon as I arrive there it's behind a mysterious cloud that nowehere else seems to see. I go there at least 2-3 times a year as I'm only just down the road (ish) and its never been sunny, in fact most of the time its drizzling. I have no Idea why I keep going.

Isn't it funny how everyone loves the beaches in Cornwall yet treat the towns and people like shit for 6 months of the year. Anyway, mini rant over, Crantock beach outside Newquay is the best beach ever. Huge dunes, non polluted sea, and not too much tourist wankers.

dc963%20abv%20crantock.jpg

In all its empty glory.