N-Europe

Gamecube games you thought would be good

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Metroid Prime, but then again, I've never really liked the whole shooter type of game.

Pikmin, but only because of the time limit.

Agree with pikmin although the second one seems good.

never would pay full prive for it though and it never went down.. Of course with metroid...well you what I think of that don't you:)

Games that weren't as good as I'd hoped,

Super Mario Sunshine -

Levels were way to similar, Yoshi was dissapointing, and didn't really like the general story and theme/setting which wasn't very Mario.

F-Zero GX -

Thought the tracks were more fun and the music was better in F-Zero X. I did like the inclusion of the story mode though!

Zelda: Wind Waker -

Wasn't too keen on the sailing or the overal pirate theme of the game. Also really didn't like Puppet Ganon! thought it was rediculous!

But there are also a number of fantastic moments and cut-scenes to the game: Helmeroc King and the boss fight, Ganondorf boss Fight, Tower of the Gods, Sailing back to Outset Island during the storm etc...

Starfox Adventures -

Abit too linear. Also Starfox felt a bit too tacked on, because really a land based Starfox should have had used Fox's Blaster and been more like Jer Force Gemini!

Mario Kart: Double Dash!! -

Always find the single player a bit overrated and dull, the series is nowhere near as fun as Diddy Kong Racing!

Still all great games though!!

Starfox Adventures -

Abit too linear. Also Starfox felt a bit too tacked on, because really a land based Starfox should have had used Fox's Blaster and been more like Jer Force Gemini!

Thats probably because it wasn't designed to be a starfox game.

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat

I have only tried playing it once ( I still own it ) but I was never able to get into it mainly due to the control methods. I may give it another go some time.

Naruto: Clash of Ninja

I was hyped when I imported this but the game has no longetivity ( sp? ) The games that came after it, especially number 4, are just a far better and more enjoyable game to play.

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat

I have only tried playing it once ( I still own it ) but I was never able to get into it mainly due to the control methods. I may give it another go some time.

You should do mate. Once you get to grips the control the rest of the game is so much fun, especially the one level where you can just do one giant combo, truly breathtaking!

Tales of Symphonia. I just find it so godamn hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT THE HELL?

:shakehead :shakehead :shakehead

Ah well each to his own... though i surprised by he number of people saying Metroid Prime.

For me my dissapointments were

Starfox Adventures

nur said :heh:

Zelda: Wind Waker

Too much seas/sailing equals boredom, it might have been massive but didn't come anywhere near the feeling of exploring land. And the triforce hunt at the end, talk about padding a game out. I know people say TP's ending seemed a bit lack luster but it was way better than that.

Donkey Konga

Great when you first get it.... then the enjoyment slowly starts to fade away

EDIT

Oh and Mario Kart Double Dash

hahaha, i was literly so let down by this game i almost forgot it exsisted

yeah, i can sort of see why wind waker would be a disserpointment, but i actualy enjoyed the sailing, while i made the map, loved spotting a dot on the horizon and heading to see what little treat nintendo had lined up for me there. playing a second time wasnt as fun.

double dash was a bit pap in single player, but multiplayer is still one of the only games to get the house together. ah student days.

Even though i got wind waker last summer and beat it exactly a year ago today. I was actually the second person in my group of friends to beat it even thought we all owned it.

One of my favorite times playing wind-waker was sailing around trying to complete my sea chart with my friend trying to spot the fish thing and then it turned out to be a viking ship.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: At first you think it's not too bad. Then after you've gone through several years, often repeating dungeons to become more powerful you realise it's just repetetive and you've been doing the same thing the whole game. I didn't mind the final boss though, that did have a bit of difficulty. The visuals were excellent however, so it's just a shame the rest of the game seemed so weak.

Mario Kart DD: While this could have been great, the control was comparitvely poor to that of MKDS. Unless you had someone in the backseat, it wasn't really that fun to play. I have played it for a fair bit however, despite it not being as great as it could have been.

And now Windwaker is a disappointment!?!?!!?!?!?

You make it sound as if it never was. It was from day one. Pointless sailing, obvious lack of third pearl dungeon. Piss taking timed dungeons. Amazingly boring Triforce hunt, topped off with a 50 level button bashing enemy "dungeon" to get one piece.

Plus that's all the battle system was, simple button bashing, just keep moving until the parry button flashes then you roll behind and slash their arse. I can't even remember how I beat Ganondorf so easily.

Mario Sunshine too, they were trying to beat [or even come on par] with Mario 64, but then felt they couldn't be bothered so tacked on some bullshit to make up. The "retro" jumping bits. The collecting blue coins thingy.

I kinda agree with what people are saying about Metroid Prime, but I'd add it to Echoes myself. I thought the Chozo artifact treasure hunt was annoying enough in the first game, but to find they'd implemented it in Echoes as well? I haven't bothered playing since.

You make it sound as if it never was. It was from day one. Pointless sailing, obvious lack of third pearl dungeon. Piss taking timed dungeons. Amazingly boring Triforce hunt, topped off with a 50 level button bashing enemy "dungeon" to get one piece.

Plus that's all the battle system was, simple button bashing, just keep moving until the parry button flashes then you roll behind and slash their arse. I can't even remember how I beat Ganondorf so easily.

Mario Sunshine too, they were trying to beat [or even come on par] with Mario 64, but then felt they couldn't be bothered so tacked on some bullshit to make up. The "retro" jumping bits. The collecting blue coins thingy.

I kinda agree with what people are saying about Metroid Prime, but I'd add it to Echoes myself. I thought the Chozo artifact treasure hunt was annoying enough in the first game, but to find they'd implemented it in Echoes as well? I haven't bothered playing since.

LOL...I agree though. Whats sad is WW had a relatively good story, especially when compared with TP. Wind Waker and Sunshine really felt like 'Lite' games, since I could remember Nintendo speaking about making smaller projects in small time frames, so I expected atleast another Mario/Luigi platformer for the GC. I just hope Galaxy is 'epic' cos if not consider me finished with Mario, though I think Nintendo may be a little smarter this time round.

Star Fox Adventures (just looked so good from previews and then so bad when played)

Star Wars Rogue squadren 3 (the first 2 were light years better than this, what the hell were they thinkin in them on foot sections!)

Star Wars: Jedi Knight 2 (I just thought it was utter shit, really looking forward to that game as well)

Wind Waker

Mario Sunshine

Double Dash

Metroid Prime

Resident Evil 4

Rouge Squadron 2

Pikmin 2

tbh the gamecube was dissapointment after dissapointment

What didn't u like about res 4?