NEurope
Falcon_BlizZACK

PES 2008 Pro Evolution Soccer

Good to hear, I still think It will just be a port of the PS2 version

If it was would we really be waiting till 2008?

Well Konami have never actually made a pro evo game on a Nintendo console before

The gamecube had a winning eleven game which is more or less the same thing.

Well Konami have never actually made a pro evo game on a Nintendo console before

Yeh they have.

I just really dont see them making a whole new style of gameplay using the wiimote, maybe im just too pessimistic but it seems unlikely to me... I prey they do though

I pray they don't screw it up, like they did with the 360 version of 6...

I'm more excited over using the Wiimote to edit kits than anything gameplay-related though.

If Konami get their fingers out they may actually give us some downloadable content and other online features. The whole pointing mechanic looks "interesting" and looks fresh (something Pro Evo needs). As long as it doesn't ruin the flow of the game and I'm not pointing at the screen for (virtually) 90mins, I'm sure I won't mind something new.

Pro Evo Wii revealed!

World first impressions and screens on the Wii version of PES 2008

We're live from Seville, for the annual Pro Evo Soccer finals and hot off the presses are our very first impressions of the Wii version of the game.

Producer 'Greyhound' Chosogabe was live on stage demoing the world premiere look at the Wii version of PES 2008 and while still very recognisably PES, the new control method afforded by the Wii-mote is going to make this a very different ball game.

First up, the hard facts: PES 2008 on Wii is set for a spring 2008 debut and Greyhound confirmed that it will feature two-player action, playable simultaneously on the same screen.

However the Wii-mote is going used in a number of innovative ways to make this a very different version from your standard gamepad-led PES experience.

You'll simply point with the controller to make your player dribble with the ball and he'll follow wherever your Wii-mote leads.

The Wii-mote will also allow you to direct players into making precise off-the-ball runs and pass into open spaces with a great degree of accuracy. Passes were made using the A-button to play short dinks to a team-mate or launch long crossfield balls, while shooting was accomplished by a simple shake of the nunchuck.

There was even a demo of how you'll be able to get your back four to step up and spring an offside trap.

It all looked pretty impressive if a touch confusing at first glance, with lots of arrows showing player direction and movement and potential passes.

Still, Greyhound finished with a demo game he'd played against his own development team and we have to say it does look quite tasty, even though we'll probably have to recalibrate our own long-honed PES instincts to take full advantage.

Hands-on and further interview time tomorrow should provide the proof of the pudding and a chance for a more in-depth analysis, but for the moment, content yourself with this fine selection of screens and dream of the Wii-delights to come.

Source: http://computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=173569

screenshot186673sk7.jpg

screenshot186672fk6.jpg

screenshot186671et8.jpg

screenshot186670to1.jpg

screenshot186669nc7.jpg

screenshot186668fv7.jpg

screenshot186667hr4.jpg

screenshot186666kb1.jpg

screenshot186665sa0.jpg

screenshot186664ke3.jpg

screenshot186663ry1.jpg

screenshot186662np0.jpg

screenshot186661ck6.jpg

screenshot186660an4.jpg

screenshot186659nx2.jpg

If I'm honest I just can't get my head around how this actually works! I dont like the sound of it wither :( Hope it turns out cracking, but I love Fifa that much that I wanted pro Evo to take it and make it even better, but this is COMEPLETELY different

This scares me! It's like looking at a tactics board. I'm sure Wii games are meant to be more accessible. This looks UTTERLY comfusing. I'm sure I'll try it as the proof may be in the pudding. But a demo or a rental will probably be the route I take. (Unless reviews are all praiseworthy).

It begs the question about games looking more and more realistic (especially football games). A hundred yellow lines and dots on screen doesn't look realistic nor fun to those watching. And won't the person your playing against see where your passes/shots/crosses will go if your pointing? And won't my wrist be in tatters if I have to point for ages?

So many questions...I hope Konami answer them all with a brilliantly fresh game.

Those graphics look better to me than FIFA's. And those yellow lines ARE kinda realistic, nowadays if you watch a match on the telly, they have all those CGI lines on the screen. Not for passes, but for corners and free kicks, yeah. :heh:

I have to say.. it sounds terrible, but I guess noone actually knows until we see some footage and play it for ourselves. It certainly wasn;t what I was expecting, but then nothing ever is with the Wii..

graphics are nice!!

gameplay is interesting. wait for actual hands on previews people. it may play great you know..

Theres another writeup n IGN and its more inderstandable, you still control the characters with the anaolugue stick (phew) but you CAN make them follow the cursor if you want as an option. Pointin where to pass actually sounds like a decent idea and you can make players go on runs by clicking on a player (while independently running with the anologue stick) and moving him in a direction and he goes on a run - you can do this with as many players as you like - this is a LOT of control and will be very hard to get used to but the potential for the most comprehensive control over the match is pretty staggering when you think about it!

Speaking as someone who doesn't give a shit about football games, this looks interesting to me. Controlling a player, pointing to other players so they can position themselves and adding strategy the game tickles my fancy.

But, to play it safe, they should have a classic game mode.

Looks far better than the PS2 version, which it damn well should. I was expecting the worst graphically.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/826/826603p1.html

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 First Look

Konami takes the highly-acclaimed series in a radical - and altogether fantastic - direction.

UK, October 11, 2007 - Although the existence of Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 on Wii has been widely known for some time, hard facts about the game have been few and far between until now. At a press event in Seville in Spain, Konami lifted the lid on its next-gen Nintendo title, revealing a game that appears to take the series in a dramatic new direction. Indeed, while the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 offer up much the same experience as the PlayStation 2 games of yore, albeit with sharper graphics, the Wii incarnation looks set to push the boundaries of the series.

That's not to say Konami has opted to dumb down Pro Evo by making it more accessible to the Wiimote-waving masses. On the contrary, PES2008 on Wii looks every bit as realistic as its hi-def cousins and, if initial thoughts prove right, it could well offer a greater level of control and freedom in terms of gameplay.

The reason for this is that Konami has cleverly used the Nunchuk and Wiimote to enhanced the gameplay experience rather than bolt on some motion-sensing gimmick. Here, the Nunchuk stick is used to move the player around screen and the B button is used to pass. No big deal you may think, but what's interesting is that the Wiimote appears as a point on the screen, affecting the gameplay in a couple of ways. Firstly, it's an alternative way of moving your player around the screen - drag the cursor around while holding A and your player will follow the on-screen target. Secondly, the cursor is used to accurately pass the ball, so if you want to thread a looping through ball to a winger (rather than the obvious guy standing nearby) simply move the target over the runner's head and press pass.

That's not all. Using the same method, you're free to pass into space and, from the video we've seen), the AI is smart enough to know what you're doing and latch onto the pass, within reason of course.

The Wiimote comes in really useful during setpieces too because you can 'order' off-the-ball players to make runs. Again, simply click the cursor over their heads and then drag in the direction you want them to run. They'll then scuttle off, leaving you to knock in a well-weighted ball they can latch on to. There's no limit to the number of players you can move around either, so there's no reason why a skilled player couldn't send one player off on a dummy run while crossing the ball into the path of a player they've sent in another direction.

Admittedly we've yet to go hands-on with the Wii version of PES 2008 but in theory - and judging by the video - it's looks very promising indeed. We'll have to wait and see just how complicated the controls are, especially in the middle of a frantic midfield tussle, but Konami has at least distilled the authentic essence of PES in its Wii game rather than opting for the obvious - and already tiresome - gimmicks we've seen of late.

It sounds fantastic!

I love how previews and articles can completely change the opinion of a game. I read the CVG one and thought Ugh! But having just read the Pro Evo one I'm thinking Wow! I love the idea of sending players on dummy runs. :) But Konami said that they are hopefully going to release this game for Spring 2008 :(

Which may mean I still have to get Fifa 08 for some football action.

Goddamnit, those controls sound genius! I don't like footie games, but I am impressed with Konami's idea!

*Has orgasm*

Wow, wow, wow.

*Has orgasm again *

Those looks, that gameplay, man. Pick me up.

I like the sound of this. And the nice thing is, it's suitably different from the FIFA game to be worth buying in addition to it. I still think the release date is very silly, but I'll definitely be getting this, and hopefully they'll get a PES2009 out with the other versions. I don't fancy a spring update every year.

I'm sure Konami will turn out a top game, even if the screenshots do look a bit like Lawrenson has doodled all over them.

After watching the vid on IGN, I can say that I'm impressed! Very impressed, this looks to be an amazing footie game!

Cripes! I've just watched the video on IGN, and I have to say it looks like it could be b*****d hard! All those lines on the screen! Also, is there going to be any AI in the game, or am I going to have to multi-task a full field at the same time? :D

I'm open to it though. As long as they don't ruin the intuitive nature of the series. I'm glad that they've really took a good look at how to utilise the Wii setup in a unique way, and i just hope it's easy to use...or at least as easy as the old PES's.

Yeah I'm in. : peace: