N-Europe

Which Terrestial TV Channel is your Fav?

Demuwan

God I tried to write down the order and I realised I hate them all.

I don't get why everyone hates five. It has CSI, one of the very few shows I will bother with. ITV gets Supernatural so I'll stick that fairly high too.... Ch4 gets the Simpsons and My Name is Earl and a few others, but loses massive points for its showboating idiotic presenters and 'comedians' (Russell fucking Brand) and trying too damn hard to be stylish. Not to mention Big Brother. Then again I quite like their "4" commercials.

BBC2 became a boring zone of unecessary watching when they lost the Simpsons. BBC1 never had anything worth watching. So BBC loses out in general... although there is Doctor Who and uninterrupted movies.

Meh, they're all damn average. In fact, all TV channels are average. Even if you escape terrestrial TV, all you get is godawful cable/sattelite channels that repeat the same things five days a week and have more commercials than features.

I'd rather watch DVDs.

Channel 4 is the only one you realistically want to watch.

Channel 5 is so shit it shouldn't really be in competition.

Agreed. It is basically (other than bbc2 for heroes and the odd thing on bbc1) the only channel I watch on terrestrial.

I don't get why everyone hates five. It has CSI, one of the very few shows I will bother with. ITV gets Supernatural so I'll stick that fairly high too.... Ch4 gets the Simpsons and My Name is Earl and a few others, but loses massive points for its showboating idiotic presenters and 'comedians' (Russell fucking Brand) and trying too damn hard to be stylish. Not to mention Big Brother. Then again I quite like their "4" commercials.

BBC2 became a boring zone of unecessary watching when they lost the Simpsons. BBC1 never had anything worth watching. So BBC loses out in general... although there is Doctor Who and uninterrupted movies.

Meh, they're all damn average. In fact, all TV channels are average. Even if you escape terrestrial TV, all you get is godawful cable/sattelite channels that repeat the same things five days a week and have more commercials than features.

I'd rather watch DVDs.

Whole heartedly agreed.

BBC>Channel4>Five>ITV

I've been naughty and counted BBC1 and 2 as one, as it's basically the same thing.

The BBC have been responsible for many classic comedy's which I enjoy, Have I Got News For You, Doctor Who and Heroes at the moment, so it get's the top spot. Channel 4 has some great entertainment programmes that I enjoy too, and was also the home to Father Ted. Channel Five has House, and ITV had nothing of intrest to me.

I'd rather watch DVDs.

Russell Brand isn't that bad.And Jimmy Carr is a leg.

BBC2 are currently re-running Arrested Development actualy so they win by default.

At like 2am, its stupid.

Anyway. I personally like Five best for their acquisitions (Big Love, Dirt, 30 Rock spring to mind) but can't say I watch any terrestrial channels really.

(Yes I know I listed all American programmes but I can't honestly recall the last time I enjoyed watching a British programme)