NEurope
Retro_Link

Resident Evil 5

Steelbook version is lame! Don't!!!! Seriously, it's extra 15£ or whatever for a tin case, a terrible figurine, a fucking mail bag, a lame cloth patch and an extra disc of drivel!

Everyone take note of these words...and it's not often I agree with him. You would essentially be paying a chunk extra for a sandwhich tin, some trinkets and a few videos taken while the devs were making the game.

They bring these versions out to make money off chumps all the time, and it works.

Steelbook version is lame! Don't!!!! Seriously, it's extra 15£ or whatever for a tin case, a terrible figurine, a fucking mail bag, a lame cloth patch and an extra disc of drivel!

In RE5's case. You are paying extra just for the steelbook and a crappy dvd. If it was afew pounds more maybe but definately no for me as its not much.

I will be playing on the weekend with friend. :awesome:

Ah-ah! Post of the year, m'boy! Granted, it's still March, but so far, it stands tall as champion.

Well i guess i can see why you were trying to attack me for no reason. Which is pretty much what Aimless also just did there.

I've been avoiding this thread as much as possible, but the above post made me look at the previous page a little...

Half the time as RE4? That doth suck. That's like, 10 hours of play? I'm pretty sure Shorty was able to get through RE4 in, like, two hours. But then I think I can get through RE2 in one...

Hopefully the co-op element and the Mercenaries (have I remembered that right?) stuff, I imagine, will be beefed up to RE4?

Well in any case, my cope of the game (along with a shiny new red xbox :P) is on its way, probably arrive tomorrow or thursday!

Well in any case, my cope of the game (along with a shiny new red xbox :P) is on its way, probably arrive tomorrow or thursday!

I can pick mine up at midnight on Thursday ^^ We need a thread i think... Post your red elites :P

Well i guess i can see why you were trying to attack me for no reason. Which is pretty much what Aimless also just did there.

I "attacked" you? When? (Seriously, I dunno what you're talking about).

Besides, I loved his post because it satirizes your attitude towards the PS3 to perfection. The same way I love it when people make fun of my "black and white" views on quality standards. : peace:

I "attacked" you? When? (Seriously, I dunno what you're talking about).

Besides, I loved his post because it satirizes your attitude towards the PS3 to perfection. The same way I love it when people make fun of my "black and white" views on quality standards. : peace:

More like Aimless had preprepared his post. I gave a different answer from what any of you wanted. :wink:

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to insinuate, but then I get the impression that nor are you.

Anyway, from what I'm hearing the game lasts anywhere between 10-15 hours, with the majority of players falling somewhere in between. Obviously I wouldn't say no to the game being longer, but as this is the generation of 8 hour games RE5's relative brevity when compared to its predecessor shouldn't come as a huge surprise; those hi-res environments don't texture themselves.

Speaking of which the typically anal platform comparison article is up on Eurogamer. It's quite interesting if you're at all into the technical side, although the conclusions it reaches have been written on the wall for some time: go where your friends are.

Edit: Based on some some premature Trophy listings it would appear that a fairly expansive multiplayer update isn't too far off. I would assume that 'Survivors' and its team variant are similar to GoW2's Horde mode, the 'Slayers' modes are going to be a competitive spin on Mercenaries, and 'Versus' will be some form of player-on-player deathmatch; at a guess I'd say it would be similar to the Left4Dead mode, with one team playing as humans and the other taking the roles of special infected — i.e. the executioner or chainsaw guy.

Edited by Aimless

J7, did you get an email from Game letting you know it was dispatched. I've been refreshing my email every half an hour hoping for confirmation that my lovely red Elite is coming.

Nope :( Even got up 'early' (10.30) just in case. Delivery status is still "picked and packed" or whatever. Been that way for two days, so I guess the 'picking' is a very careful and deliberate process. I should've sent them a picture of me, or a list of my hobbies, so they could finely match me with my perfect partner xbox.

I've just realised they never processed my order for a game reward card, and they've taken the money, so I've missed an easy chance for £14! Annyoyoyoy

Please tell me you two don't have an xbox already before buying this new red one!

game has disspatched :D

tommorow will be the 6 month meeting at the dole office, so its a good thing i'll have this waiting to steer me away from the old toaster in the bath routine when i get home

Mine has been posted according to Play.com... First time I have pre-ordered using Play... Hoping it comes on Friday ¬_¬

Already lined up to complete it online on co-op with an online buddy :)

Packing... >> what is this shit Play? send it naow! (please)

Shopto.net sent mine yesterday so shud arrive tomorrow. Been building the hype back up by watching the retrospectives on Gametrailers. Maybe playing the demo again will shoot it through the roof. Ah well, not much longer.

ShopTo sent it yesterday...good old ShopTo. They always get it out quickly, cheaper than the rest usually and free recorded delivery? El bargaine.

Sheikah knows where it's at. Pay attention people, shopto ftw. (I haven't even ordered it, I just wanted to point that out)

Please tell me you two don't have an xbox already before buying this new red one!

I'm replacing my old broken one. I would have sent it off, but I came into some money thanks to work and decided to treat myself (I was going to get an Elite eventually anyway) and I couldn't resist the redness.

GameCentral (Teletext C4 p.690) have their review up today and gave Resident Evil 5 7/10

I played the demo last night again just to get into the mood and after playing Alone in the Dark the controls for R Evil feel perfect :) Game have also dispatched my copy, being at work til 2pm will be a nightmare :(

I'm replacing my old broken one. I would have sent it off, but I came into some money thanks to work and decided to treat myself (I was going to get an Elite eventually anyway) and I couldn't resist the redness.

Why not get the old one repaired and sell it anyway? :/

Sheikah knows where it's at. Pay attention people, shopto ftw. (I haven't even ordered it, I just wanted to point that out)

Shopto.net sent mine yesterday so shud arrive tomorrow. Been building the hype back up by watching the retrospectives on Gametrailers. Maybe playing the demo again will shoot it through the roof. Ah well, not much longer.

:red:

10charrrrrrrrrrrr

Flatmate (Shorty^) has one already, and I was going to get one for when we have the operation and go our separate ways in a couple of months - and yes, the redness won me over. £100 over what I could be paying. Doh.

I don't really understand why they spend 3 days 'picking and packing'. I don't even know what that means... But I'm sure it'll arrive friday, at the latest. I will then proceed to spend all weekend trying to hook it up to my TV/finding cables to play two-screen co-op shizzle.

Secondary worry; I don't want to get any achievements on my new xbox, because my entire gamer profile is on Shorty's. lol.

Special DLC:

Slayer: Plays very similar to Mercenaries, but with players competing against each other to get the highest score from kill infected souls and B.O.Ws. A handicap system helps the player with the lowest points by doubling the amount of points they are awarded (though this doesn't apply to combo bonuses). Time Bonus and Combo Bonus rules apply as before, with enemy types and item locations remaining the same (as in Mercenaries).

If any player dies during a game, they lose points and will reappear elsewhere on the map to carry on playing (note: you may sometimes spawn in the heat of a battle, or next to a boss). There is no limit to the amount of times you can die, though you shouldn't expect much of a score if you do too often. Most players will encounter enemies on difficulty grade level 6 (Normal/Veteran), but the leading player must battle enemies on Grade level 10 (Pro level).

There is a lot more, but it's involving statistics, and bonuses. Essentially, a Versus Mercenary mode.

Survivors:

This game variant is all about Player VS Player action. There are still aggressive creatures present, making the arenas more challenging, but their frequency has been reduced. Combos no longer play a role, as the points you score are directly received from dealing damage to other players. There are no points for killing monsters. You must also strive from taking any damage from the monsters yourself.

Each player starts with just a basic firearm, with powerful weapons littered about the arena. Every map has different combinations of weapons, and you may wish to acquire weapons from bosses by killing them.

Rest is statistics. Essentially a versus Mercenary mode, but with points coming from directly harming other players themselves.

There are team versions of these modes, pitting 2V2 action. So, obvious what they are.

- Army of One - Win 30 matches in Slayers.

- Eye of the Tiger- Win 30 matches in Survivors.

- The Team that slays together - Win 30 matches in Team Slayers.

- We Will Survive - Win 30 matces in Team Survivors.

- Keep the good times rolling - Chain a 20-defeated combo in Slayers.

- It takes two to tango - Chain a 40-defeated combo in Team Slayers.

- It's all about the points - Score at least 40,000 points in Survivors.

- There is no "I" in team - Score at least 80,000 points in Team Survivors.

- Let's get this party started! - Unlock all selectable characters in Versus.

- Bring the Pain - Defeat 100 players using physical attacks in Versus.