NEurope
Retro_Link

Resident Evil 5

I've been playing alone on the lowest difficulty. 3 shots to the chest on a regular zombie will down them. 3-5 X blows to a boss will kill them. I did play a chapter with Caris yesterday.

Finished 3-3 last night playing co-op with random people on XBL on normal difficulty.

The AI blows so hard that you simply have to play this game on co-op on anything but the easiest difficulty.

I'm playing this on Veteran for my first file, call me mad but I like a challenge. :P

Picked this up yesterday and only found time to get to (proably mid way) in Chapter 1-2.

Playing solo on Normal difficulty.

I probably should have played the demo more than twice as I am ashamed to say that I died quite a few times on the Chapter 1-1 :blush: until I realised I had more space to move around in than I initially thought. You will probably know what I mean , without the need for spoilers.

Looks to have a decent amount of content and I hope to find some quality time today to give this a better look.

Will probably give co-op a look after I have completed it at least once.

Don't know about anyone else but I feel that the Stun baton is a fantastic addition to your arsenal. Got the achievement for using it earlier which was easy enough.

@ Solo - oops. Thought I was supposed to get the driver. *facepalm* Oh well, at least Sheva managed to work it out for me. Probably the most useful she's been so far.

REmake plays very well on the Gamecube with Type C controls, since R makes you walk ("click" it to run) and you steer with the control stick. I recomend this game to anyone, even today, it's great and the graphics, since they are pre-rendered, still look up to date, even in this day and age.

Got to agree with this man. Why oh why did they remove Type C controls for Resident Evil 0?

People playing alone, what difficulty are you playing on and how difficult is that difficulty?

I played it through on Veteran first time, and I'd suggest you don't. It's nicely challenging for the most part, but there were one or two bits which were rather frustrating without the aid of a human partner. Sheva's AI isn't terrible, but as you don't have much control over her actions it's near impossible to use actual teamwork during regular play; there are certain situations where you need to get behind an enemy which would be immeasurably easier if playing with someone else.

Also you carry your equipment into new games of different difficulties, so if you wanted to give Veteran a try after playing through on Normal at least you'd have a good selection of weapons to choose from.

Just played some co-op with MATtheHAT - twas awesome.

I've only been playing the game co-op so far and it's brill especially using headests - we had a right laugh.

Got to agree with this man. Why oh why did they remove Type C controls for Resident Evil 0?

Yeah, that's why I never bought 0.

Also you carry your equipment into new games of different difficulties, so if you wanted to give Veteran a try after playing through on Normal at least you'd have a good selection of weapons to choose from.

Well there's something you couldn't do on RE4. If you finished on Normal, you could only replay with the previously gathered inventory on Normal . For Professional, you had to start from scratch.

Just played some co-op with MATtheHAT - twas awesome.

I've only been playing the game co-op so far and it's brill especially using headests - we had a right laugh.

I completed it last night on my own, but this game is so much better when playing it with another human player. Especially if you both have mics.

And Cooky fancied my alt costume Sheva :)

It is soooo much fun playing with someone else. Problem is, you have to wait for said person to be online at same time. Also, home launching is fun, but a little fiddly.

And Cooky fancied my alt costume Sheva :)

She's a dirty bitch! :heh:

It is soooo much fun playing with someone else. Problem is, you have to wait for said person to be online at same time. Also, home launching is fun, but a little fiddly.

The newly created online meet up thread should help with that mate.

She's a dirty bitch! :heh:

The newly created online meet up thread should help with that mate.

True but you cant have multiple saves and my mate will treat me as if I cheated on him if I play through resi 5 with someone else. It's his first time...with the resident evil series that is. :heh:

True but you cant have multiple saves and my mate will treat me as if I cheated on him if I play through resi 5 with someone else. It's his first time...with the resident evil series that is. :heh:

First time eh? - be gentle with him then.

:heh:

Shit, that whole "only one save slot" is lame. First time I saw it was in Gears of War 1 and Epic fixed that for the sequel, GeOW 2 having 3 save slots. Now Capcom wants to make RE so badly into GeOW that they only include one save slot for RE5, when RE4 had 20?? What a backwards company they fucking are.

Capcom also remove adding things to your treasures in this game.

AH THANKS! Was wanting an answer to this question I hadn't bothered to ask yet. Means I can sell all the crap I have been hoarding.

Loving this game, the demo did the full game no favours as did the dead space demo. Only on chapter 3.2 as i'm taking my time wth it.

Completed on normal by myself. Not hard at all really, but super fun game and cool cinematic action QTEs! :D

Completed it twice now, once with my mate and once by myself. Im now on chapter 5-3 on Veteran and its super easy. I managed to finish the game in 3 hours 38 mins ( easy difficulty ) which has resulted in me having infinite ammo with a rocket launcher! One-shot boss kills FTW! Im loving the game so much, been on it since 9 this morning :)

^ Bloody hell. I've run through RE 4 many times and I think the best I managed was about 4 hours and that was with the chicago typewriter gun and the infinite rocket launcher :heh:

Anyways, just finished 3-2. Wish this section of the game had been a bit longer, i.e more chapters focused on this particular area, as it seemed a bit rushed going through it and having it turn out the way it did at the end of the chapter. Got decapitated a few times on this chapter because Sheva wouldn't bloody move out the way and there was no way around the chainsaw wielding maniac or any room to move. She's also hindering my achievement progress. Trying to get the one for knocking down an arrow from a bow with your knife but everytime on of the guys goes to shoot an arrow she kills him. :nono:

Okay, so I completed RE5, it's an awesome game, but I didn't like the ending. T_T Ah well, time to unlock everything. ^^