NEurope
Retro_Link

Resident Evil 5

Eh the characters are unlocked getting stage rank A and not DLC.

The "character spoilers" just means that there may or may not be story spoilers in the screenshot. It's the Vs mode that's included in the DLC.

Okay Cube.

"Versus" Brings New Online Gameplay Excitement To Resident EvilTM 5 Via Digital Download

Additional Mode Adds A New, Deadly Twist To RE5 Multiplayer Gameplay

Tired of working together with other players in Resident Evil™ 5? Ready to show your co-op partner exactly what you think of their gaming abilities? Capcom is pleased to announce that a new multiplayer mode for the soon-to-be blockbuster, Resident Evil 5, will be released post-launch as paid digital content via Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network. The new mode, called ‘Versus,’ adds a deadly twist to Resident Evil 5’s multiplayer, pitting players against each other in a contest of survival, a marked departure from the central co-operative nature of the game.

Versus allows up to four players to match wits in online battles across two very different game types. Slayer’s Rule is a point-based game that challenges players to kill Majinis. In Survivor’s Rule, players hunt the most dangerous game, each other! Players can begin the hunt as Chris, Sheva or other secret characters, and choose from either one-on-one or two-versus-two team matches for either of the two gameplay styles.

Versus will be available on Xbox LIVE and the PlayStation Network a few weeks after Resident Evil 5 is available. Versus will be available for 400 Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE or $3.99 on the PlayStation Network. Versus mode requires the Resident Evil game software in order to be played. A broadband internet connection is required.

Another unlocking key DLC. :hmm:

My brother has stopped being an ass and now I have played it and boy - this game is damn good! Just finished chapter 1-2 and then had my tea so off to start chapter 2 real soon. Capcom seem to be on a roll just now on the 360 (and PS3) so I hope they don't mess up LP2. So yeah, RE5 is my new favourite game:wink:

Nearly on the last chapter, Boss fight i just had was amazing.

EDIT: Review up on GT.

Edited by Caris

im loving it at the mo but i think i just read a spoiler about the game by accident...doh

I'm finding it enjoyable not a bad game but it's not great either.

Action and Co-op fans will love it but this isn't the Resident Evil we know, it feels like a spin off from Resident Evil 4 while Dead Space feels like a proper evolution from Resident Evil 4 except it's in space.

RE4 was very action(y) but you were alone for most of the game and even with Ashley she would stay out the way and she didn't use weapons so she couldn't waste ammo, the atmosphere isolated in a creepy Spanish Village felt great. The Co-op focus was always going to make RE5 twice as action packed and the atmosphere totally different.

Controls issues are there it isn't that BAD but it is a problem and the real Time inventory is too fiddly for my liking it makes sense for co-op but not in single player. The real time inventory was one of my major gripes in Dead Space also to have it in another game is annoying.

This game has reminded me that going into a game is so, so different from diving into a demo.

This game, in co-op plays amazing. I got up to 2-2 earlier (Letty wanted me off ¬_¬). But, i'd have to admit, this game is hectic as hell. And its damn good.

Ive not got the game yet but gamers have found ways to rake up money on chapter 2-1 by saving and quiting. :hmm:

Will be getting this tomorrow, as soon as I get home I'm popping on.

Anyone want to be my Resi buddy? XD

This game is great, but man they could of done some original starting stuff. The start totally just felt like Resident Evil 4 all over again.

That aside, it's an awesome game, not really scary anymore as it borders action only pretty much now. Makes it not as good as RE4.

What is the most that you guys would pay for this? Someone's offering me it for £25, and whilst I did rather like RE4, I'm not sure if I really NEED RE5 right now and for that cost, or is it worth it?

What is the most that you guys would pay for this? Someone's offering me it for £25, and whilst I did rather like RE4, I'm not sure if I really NEED RE5 right now and for that cost, or is it worth it?

Worth it, Do it, Won't regret it... simple as. :)

I got it yesterday. I think it's an awesome game, but just like RE4 I don't get that Resident Evil feeling at all. But thus far I think I like it better than Resi 4.

Starting chapter 3-1 when i get home from school. Looking forward to what will happen next story-wise.

But thus far I think I like it better than Resi 4.

you think you like it better?

You didn't like RE4, you didn't even finish it.

So if you like RE5, you have to like it more than RE4. :p

This game, in co-op plays amazing. I got up to 2-2 earlier (Letty wanked me off ¬_¬). But, i'd have to admit, this game is hectic as hell. And its damn good.

Fixed.

Do I win childish post of the day?

you think you like it better?

You didn't like RE4, you didn't even finish it.

So if you like RE5, you have to like it more than RE4. :p

We've had this discussion in RL thousands of times, but the difference is that I have actually finished RE4 now. And I still stand with the same conclusion. The end just took exactly what I said from the very beginning and did everything I think made RE4 less like a RE game and threw it right in my face.

Or do any of you other guys remember that scene from Resident Evil 2 with the huge volcano room and the two giant trolls stomping you?

Cuz I sure as hell don't

I understand that RE4 is less of a RE game. And that you didn't like it for that. But RE5 is even less a RE game. RE4 was creepy and at times. RE5 is just a great action orgy with "zombies" and monsters.

can anyone confirm if resident evil 5 doesnt have any decapitations in the usa/pal and japanese versions?

No decapitations on the PAL version.

Haven't played the rest :P

No decapitations wtf !!! must be so they can port it straight to the Wii. Crafty capcom, crafty.

No decapitations on the PAL version.

Haven't played the rest :P

WTF? But RE4 received a lower age rating than anywhere else in the world...

Killing blows on you still look savage, you just don't actually see the head come off. I'm not entirely sure why they took the decapitations out for all versions, but it hardly takes away from the game.