NEurope
Retro_Link

Resident Evil 5

On my second playthrough now, just doing a speed-run on Amateur, over halfway through with about 2-3 hours play time, need less than 5 hours for the infinite rocket launcher. :wink:

Did pro yesterday and got the platinum trophy... honest to god, if anyone wants to do professional mode then get someone else to play with you. You basically need to tell your partner what to do, which is usually "don't go out there". You'll just get frustrated if you try and play with the AI.

On my second playthrough now, just doing a speed-run on Amateur, over halfway through with about 2-3 hours play time, need less than 5 hours for the infinite rocket launcher.

You can always replay the chapters in which you took a while on, as it counts the overall time from all the chapters on a given difficulty.

Did pro yesterday and got the platinum trophy...

You can always replay the chapters in which you took a while on, as it counts the overall time from all the chapters on a given difficulty.

I did wonder about that, thanks for the tip, oh and props to you for beating Professional mode. :smile:

Agh if you join a game then you take up their file on yours! I don't want that!

Agh if you join a game then you take up their file on yours! I don't want that!

Hmm? so if you join someone elses game, you lose any progress on whatever current file you had open? and all your inventory? Fail... >>

You never lose the items in your inventory; they are for keeps. The only exception to this is if you gain new items while playing through a chapter offline, but quit before finishing the level. By this I mean you start a new chapter altogether via chapter select - if you quit after reaching a checkpoint in a level and then later on 'continue', you will resume with all the items you had up to the last checkpoint. If you choose a different chapter after quitting, and you wish to go back to the chapter you were on before, you will start it from the beginning; not the last checkpoint you reached.

Also, if you reach a checkpoint, gain some new items/shoot some BSAA emblems, and then die, you will start from the last checkpoint but need to get those items again. Conversely, any items you used up after reaching the checkpoint but before dying will be restored upon restarting at the checkpoint.

Question - I've just started Pro mode but it's pretty damn hard what with the '1 hit and dying status' thing so I was thinking of blasting through on easy mode really quickly to get the infinite rocket launcher, isn't that what you did HoT?

So my question is this, even though I started a 'New Game' on Pro, can't I just use chapter select and do all the game on easy that way? I noticed each time of your best attempt is recorded so as long as I do it and they all add up to less than the time required to get the Infinite Rocket Launcher then I should still get it yes?

Yeah just keep knocking your time down where you can, get the rocket launcher and then laugh your way through pro mode :)

Well finally gotten some time in with this today. Just completed Chapter 2:1 so I am not to far into things (percentage complete is at just 5%). Playing on Normal for my first run through. So far I am loving it. It is just more of the same but Resi 4 is my third favourite game of all time so thats ok by me

There is one little thing about Sheva that I don't like. It's that she is too loud! Chris makes enough noise ass he walks around but she makes even more...and it kinda wrecks a lot of the suspense for me. I'm not a hater of the co-op system as a whole, I enjoyed it in Resi 0 and I enjoy it again, yes she can be dumb, but there is something to be said for this sort of shared experience that Chris is having with someone native to the country.

Now the country thats another point. No I'm not about to go on a racist Resident Evil rant or something. I am just pondering on how the last two Resident Evil games have not been set in more remote settings with the idea to clearly isolate the protagonists. Resident Evil 2 was by far my favourite I wonder if we will ever see a return to the surbuban setting? Rather than the remote villiages being used as testing ground for the various viruses how about we see them unleashed upon a city or something...

Anyone else on here get the red elite deal? I got mine on friday and when i finally opened it it was missing the download card for the theme and the street fighter II game. Im not so bothered about the SFII game but i wanted the theme >.> Rang microsoft and i have to now mess about with sending them my reciept and so forth so they can send me the bloody downloads :(

Anyone else have any problems?

Heh, just realised after going onto Home that I got a load of costumes, probably for getting Platinum. Awesomage.

Edit: or maybe it's for unlocking them in-game.

Edit again: turns out they're figurines, doh!

Here's what you can unlock:

Chris Redfield - unlock automatically when going to HOME

Sheva - Beat the game on Normal

JIll - Beat the game on Veteran

Wesker- Beat the game on Professional

Treasure chest- Get all treasures in the game

Edited by Sheikah

well, just wrapped things up on normal. very good it was to!

well, i did like the ending, up untill the volcano bit with wesker, just felt way, way to ott, even for resident evil. also, final battle felt stupidly hard.

the partner mechanic works pretty well alone, waiting for a friend to pick it up, then me n him are going through.

cant belive wesker is dead, though if he survived that id feel insulted.

when the enemys started shooting back, i thought it really made the flawed controles more of a problem, its fine for melle attackers or the cross bows, but when faced with AK's, it felt to clunky, almost like it was thrown in to make things more intense.

i did like the constant pressure of the first half, which is the better half of the game. after getting into the underground city and the lab, things seemed to level out.

Umm, it has many more; got to play the game and not just google to find out these things, though. ;)

For instance, when you get close to a reaper. You basically get your guts ripped to shreds.

Umm, it has many more; got to play the game and not just google to find out these things, though. ;)

For instance, when you get close to a reaper. You basically get your guts ripped to shreds.

I have the game and I have finished it but that was one of the gore kills I never had.

You've never been killed by a reaper? Were you playing on amateur? Reapers quite often don't stop even when you shotgun them (the weak spots often cover up), and they move about as quick as your character can. They don't even need to be that close to initiate the instant death attack. They were my most hated enemy in terms of what could kill me.

You've never been killed by a reaper? Were you playing on amateur? Reapers quite often don't stop even when you shotgun them (the weak spots often cover up), and they move about as quick as your character can. They don't even need to be that close to initiate the instant death attack. They were my most hated enemy in terms of what could kill me.

I am talking about the video monster and Reapers are most hated enemy in this game for me.

I am talking about the video monster and Reapers are most hated enemy in this game for me.

But you said RE5 had the one gore kill and quoted that vid, suggesting you hadn't encountered the reaper one.

Sorry maybe I had word it wrong by saying one gore kill like RE4.

What I mean is that Chris had his body rip in half like one of Leons kills in RE4.

Yeah, I guess you could say it has one clear complete slice of the body, which is the most gore kill in the game. :)

Completed the game on Vet last Saturday. Love every bit of it <3

Currently running through on Professional mode with my same co-op partner...

Lets just say its unforgiving... Nearly all attacks will reduce you to a dying state, and the dying meter only lasts about 2 seconds...

Infinite magnum is winner though <3

I've just finished Resi 5 for the third time, done it on Amateur, Veteran and Professional modes now. :)

Abour 7 and a half hours on Pro mode though >> are there any good rewards for getting less than a certain time on Pro?

Nope - the 'under 5 hours' target to get the infinite ammo option for the rocket launcher is for any difficulty setting, so most go for that on amateur while simultaneously aiming for S-ranks.