NEurope
Retro_Link

Resident Evil 5

I love how people actually give a shit about the story in RE games.

Here's the plot as far as I'm concerned:

I will be in some adrenaline soaked cat and mouse shootouts with hordes of baddass psychotics. They will be staged in Africa, which will look very cool. At some point, the psychotics will be replaced by rampaging mutants and they will also be baddass. I will have to run away and find somewhere to fend them off with a badass shotgun. All will be well in the world.

Seconded.

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry over the plot in RE4 but that didn´t stop it from making it fucking awesome and looking at this I´m expecting even more amounts of awesome especially considering it´s Co-op.

I recently completed RE4 after starting it on launch (yes hilarious, anyway). I didn't realise how close to the end I was when I got stuck. I basically got to...

...Krausers last fight in the ruins. Me being me, I used the majority of my ammo so I think I had like 15 handgun rounds and 30 TMP rounds for the whole fight. This is why I didn't go back to it for several years, little did I know you could just slash him with your knife. This I found out recently after watching a youtube walkthrough out of curiosity. I think I had actually killed him before but the timer ran out and I got blown up lol. I totally forgot the story too so god knows who that helicopter dude was who helps you...

I was going to reattempt REmake but I couldn't be arsed with finding bodies and setting them alight. I'm not very good at RE games, last time I tried it I got to some shark pool and I had 3 rounds left in my pistol and no saves :heh:. Really looking forward to this one, guess i'll have to Wikipedia the character backgrounds, apart from Chris.

so god knows who that helicopter dude was

MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE!!

what an absolute Legend!! And an AWESOME cutscene!

MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE!!

Haha yeh it sure was, I felt so sorry for him he pretty much nailed everyone for me. One thing I do hope is not in the next one is a character you have to help/protect. How that annoys me in games. Unless the character is controllable through a second player the CPU will ALWAYS either;

Get in the way and get killed.

Get killed in some bizarre way.

Get in YOUR way and get YOU killed.

Not doing what you order them to.

Keep chatting shit until you want to kill them and you can't.

To be fair Ashley wasn't THAT annoying as I can think of more irritating characters. She proved my point the other day though as i'm going through the game again on Normal. I'm at that point where you have to keep the dudes off her back while she cranks some things. Stupid thing was I did all that, I went up to the ledge and caught her and ran off. I told her to follow me and went about my business assuming she would. What happens?! HEEEEEEEEEELLP LEEEOOOON!... BITCH! She gets caught so I take down the dude who's grabbed her, I give him another shot while he's down and what happens... the bullet goes through him and hits her killing her. If that stupid cow had followed me in the first place that wouldn't have happened. To say I was annoyed would be the understatement of the century.

Haha yeh it sure was, I felt so sorry for him he pretty much nailed everyone for me. One thing I do hope is not in the next one is a character you have to help/protect. How that annoys me in games. Unless the character is controllable through a second player the CPU will ALWAYS either;

Get in the way and get killed.

Get killed in some bizarre way.

Get in YOUR way and get YOU killed.

Not doing what you order them to.

Keep chatting shit until you want to kill them and you can't.

To be fair Ashley wasn't THAT annoying as I can think of more irritating characters. She proved my point the other day though as i'm going through the game again on Normal. I'm at that point where you have to keep the dudes off her back while she cranks some things. Stupid thing was I did all that, I went up to the ledge and caught her and ran off. I told her to follow me and went about my business assuming she would. What happens?! HEEEEEEEEEELLP LEEEOOOON!... BITCH! She gets caught so I take down the dude who's grabbed her, I give him another shot while he's down and what happens... the bullet goes through him and hits her killing her. If that stupid cow had followed me in the first place that wouldn't have happened. To say I was annoyed would be the understatement of the century.

I think RE4 is possibly the best example of how to do computer coperative. Its part of the fun (BELIEVE!) having to protect her and snipe around her and give her health. I mean they thought of everythign right down to the upskirt shots and created plenty of situations you can dump her.

I just dont like how the story line is all cat and mouse with endless kidnaps.

I also dont like how she portrays the weak and usefless female. I guess Ada balances with her.

MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE!!

MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE!

Fucking Legen-dary cutscene! First time i saw that I was in hysterics. It's the wahy it sets him up with the drinks line, then just executes him instantly. It's like the purest form of 'spot the stiff' entertainment ever.

I think RE4 is possibly the best example of how to do computer coperative. Its part of the fun (BELIEVE!) having to protect her and snipe around her and give her health. I mean they thought of everythign right down to the upskirt shots and created plenty of situations you can dump her.

I just dont like how the story line is all cat and mouse with endless kidnaps.

I also dont like how she portrays the weak and usefless female. I guess Ada balances with her.

Aye I agree it is by far the best computer coop system. I'd just rather not do it again. I hope Chris goes it alone in the next one, I don't mind gun support from Lopez woman though.

new residentevil.com countdown

looked into the SWF file and found a few links which we probably shouldn't be seeing yet. Presumably they'll add these to the main page as the days pass by.

http://www.residentevil.com/phase1.swf

http://www.residentevil.com/phase2.swf

http://www.residentevil.com/phase3.swf

Phase 2 shows a couple of soldiers (in a satellite view) fighting various villagers, with their muzzle flashes showing up on the radar. Phase 3, however, shows an interesting battle with what appears to be a mutated created (perhaps the cloaked one seen in the latest scans?). The team of six fight against it, in an area called "Warehouse", while issuing various radio calls. The names of two of the team members are revealed in the .mp3 files for this as Jason and Kirk. Towards the end, they can be heard calling for backup as the creature lumbers towards them and seems to begin mutating.

mSyazOhWi.jpg

Online gameplay?

This game is gonna be awesome, though will not play the co-op until I've finished the game as I don't think it'll be as tense a game in multiplayer.

The new trailer is one of the most mindblowing things I've ever witnessed (well after the boring first minute).

The vehicles section blasted me into space.

Graphics look very nice. But i am worried about the coop gameplay. Last time the series did this in RE0, it was atrocious and added needless backtracking.

Cant say i am looking forward to the game anymore especially after DMC4 where you just backtrack half the game(not to mention the additional backtracking for keys and stuff). It looks like a copy and paste of RE4 with a gimmick(coop) to artifically lengthen the game.

I wish Mikami was with Capcom since he did an amazing job with Re4. Now that everyone has left Capcom i just dont see them having the same spark anymore.

Graphics look very nice. But i am worried about the coop gameplay. Last time the series did this in RE0, it was atrocious and added needless backtracking.

Cant say i am looking forward to the game anymore especially after DMC4 where you just backtrack half the game(not to mention the additional backtracking for keys and stuff). It looks like a copy and paste of RE4 with a gimmick(coop) to artifically lengthen the game.

I wish Mikami was with Capcom since he did an amazing job with Re4. Now that everyone has left Capcom i just dont see them having the same spark anymore.

I can see where you're coming from but I'm hoping the co op will be brilliant. I really hope its not like DMC4 cos I hated back tracking, Capcom basically recycling old locations from the first part of the game. But RE4 mnaged to be brilliant, and I think this will be even better than RE4!:smile:

Don't Be Surprised If There Are RE5 Controls Surprises

The Resident 5 footage shown here at E3 is gorgeous. Jaw dropping, even. The game really looks like what people have been waiting for. What's not to like? The criticism level against the game has been the fact it uses Resident 4's controls. That's not necessarily a bad thing if you liked Resident Evil 4! But as RE5 producer Jun Takeuchi pointed out:

It's possible that a lot of people who play Resident Evil 5 may not have played Resident Evil 4. But they might have played Gears of Wars or Call of Duty. Those are both games that I and our team really, really like. So don't be surprised if at the Tokyo Game Show, the controls are different. For now, we have the control set up for RE4. I'm not confirming or denying anything, but we like to surprise people.

Another interesting tidbit: When Takeuchi saw Gears of War, he thought the guys that made it must really like Resident Evil 4. And when he met the Gears of War team, they told him, yes, they were big RE4 fans.

E3 2008: Alternate Trailer

Gameplay Videos

I don't quite get how people think that the enemies in RE4/5 aren't hugely better than the ones from 0 through to 3.

Infected humans are more intellgent and faster, they can work together, they can use weapons, they are capable of coming at you at the same time but at different speeds.

Slow, goaning zombies are not scary and are not fun.

One thing i'm currently worried about: Where is the night. Daylight isn't scary or tense, lack of vision at night is.

Just noticed in this trailer...

@ 1:46secs - is that a 'zombie' dog with its head split in half!

@ 1:56secs - looks like a RE2 style big ass crocodile is in it!

And just who is the cloaked person?!

I initially assumed the character was male, but if you compare the person to the 'busty lady' @ 1:02 the cloaked character actually looks like they may have a smaller body shape under there and quite feminine hands... but who knows!... maybe Weskers even undergone a sex change!

Looks alright, though the scenario would have made for a great game! t'is a shame!

And hang on, it's a year after Resi 4 and yet the T-Virus is back?!

I actually think the 'human' enemies of Resi 4/5 could have made this better, have 'em fricking legging it at them on mass like 28 days later/or Left 4 Dead!

Actually after seeing Left 4 Dead, it's somewhere the Resi series could have really gone and really kept alot of it's scare factor.

The 'human' enemies of 4/5 en mass, with crimson head speed, in a blacked out Airport [and then obviously on to a few other areas], would have been awesome!

Looking forward to seeing more of this though! Leon and Claire are great!

Might as well release on the Wii if they couldnt be bothered to update any of the gameplay.

Might as well release on the Wii if they couldnt be bothered to update any of the gameplay.
I have to say, it is all looking WAY too similar to Resi 4!

That high voiced wierdo at the start of the new trailer is like the new Salazar, there's chainsaw guys, minecarts, mines, cave networks, same gameplay, el gigante type cave trolls, del lago style giant crocodile, swamp hut area, helicopter crash, blow-up truck before it runs you over section, etc... but hey, I'll still play it!

The rain soaked boat/tanker section looks cool, wonder where they're off to? out of Africa?

Anyways, here's the giant RE2 style crocodile:

re51200.jpg

and new el gigante cave troll thing:

re5555.jpg

Hopefully Mikami comes back or something. Still day 1 but i wanted more.

The Okami, Viewtiful Joe and DMC guy (Kamiya) is making Bayoneta. Which i am looking forward to. Should be good as DMC4 was quite stale in comparison to 3.