N-Europe

Prison Break

Retro_Link

PrisonBreak.jpg

Can't believe there was never a thread about this amazing series!

I thought series 1 was fantastic and the quality didn't drop in the slightest for series 2, despite the show basically reinventing it's concept; it's just so well done.

I honestly struggle to think of an episode that was a bit of a let down and for that reason I'd say the show may be that bit better than Heroes and I loved Heroes!!

The show has great characters, great acting, action, suspense, constant plot twists etc... just fantastic!

Series 2 has just ended and with a great ending that really left you wanting to know more!

Just what do they want with Micheal?

I loved the first series, it was brilliant. I've actually missed most of this series though :( I've always either forgotten about it or watched something else.

The concept of the show was very different to anything else on TV which made it stand out.

I'll have to try and catch it on dvd.

Season 3 starts in August, I can't wait and it'll fill in the whole made by Lost. The creators have said that in terms of storyline and what not the main part pretty much ended in season 2 and it's going to be a totally new take and probably won't even be called 'Prison Break' anymore. The ending totally baffled me.

Season 2 ended fantastically! They're gonna have to work together now to get out of that situation. The state Bellick was in aswell, damn.
Yeah it was a fantastic ending!

Mahone is such a great character (so well acted!), and I think it's been so clever of the writers to now leave Michael and Mahone, arch enemies, now reliant on one another!

Apparently they are going to be reinventing the series again for series 3, it's going to take a new direction, like how series 2 had a very different feel to it from series 1 (close, regimented, confined spaces etc... to vast spaces, busy and fast paced on the run!).

Read on IGN it's going to become a bit more of an international issue.

Very interesting about what the 'man with pad' said about wanting Micheal to escape. They'd been trying to get him in that new prison (tried to frame him with that T'bag insodent in the last episode), only for Micheal to end up there himself!

I have my suspitions they want to observe Micheals behavoir and maybe run tests/experiment on him etc...

He does have that rare ability they talked about in series 1, of his senses being highly tuned and being able to notice tiny details etc... others would miss.

Season 3 starts in August,

it's going to be a totally new take and probably won't even be called 'Prison Break' anymore. The ending totally baffled me.

Are you sure, I though I read on IGN that it wasn't even being filmed yet and feared it would be a very long wait! despite what T'bag said at the end of season 2 credits about it not being far away!

It will still be Prison Break it's just a new direction, like series 2 was. It will be the last series as far as I can make out. I'd be very happy if it was, because then it will have just been pure awesome and not dragged out like lost!

Season 3 info so far (from IGN)...

• Schuering said they would be a "Certain sense of redemption" coming up. He also said that season 3 would be, "even more stripped down" and "brutal" than season 2.

• Scheuring was quoted in Variety saying, "We already knew where we were going. Most of the major players are returning, but it will be a reconceptualization again, just like it was in season two."

• There will be at least four new characters added in season three, two men and two women, none of whom are American. This goes hand in hand with the storyline expanding internationally, which probably won't be much of a surprise to fans, given the events in the final episodes of season two, which are airing now. Casting for these new characters will probably begin in May. Scheuring noted that, "The scope of the show will play on a much more global scale."

• Prison Break is also looking for several new cast members. The descriptions given are for a mysterious fisherman wrongfully locked up with Michael Schofield (Wentworth Miller) in a Panamanian prison, a beautiful woman who is the girlfriend of the fisherman, a drug kingpin, and a female agent working freelance for a government organization.

Both seasons are great. I can't decide which is better.

I loved the first series because it was a new concept and it had great characters and a great plot and but was slow at times. I was instantly hooked from episode 1.

Season two was much more fast paced and had many more tense situations for the characters to be in. Each character had thir own unique storyline and

I like the way it all came at the end. Season twos ending was great with Michael and Mahone ending back up in prison together. Both are great actors. :D

What is the deal with T-Bag by the way?

I have not seen a single episode, but I really really want to pick it up on DVD, but it is very expensive everywhere. It's been out over a year I'm sure! I'm hoping they do a "24" when season 2 is out on DVD, meaning that the price of season 1 drops to around £17.99.

I have not seen a single episode, but I really really want to pick it up on DVD, but it is very expensive everywhere. It's been out over a year I'm sure! I'm hoping they do a "24" when season 2 is out on DVD, meaning that the price of season 1 drops to around £17.99.
I just ordered it for £24.99 from HMV, thought that was a good price, when like you say, most places are still selling it for around £40!

Are you sure, I though I read on IGN that it wasn't even being filmed yet and feared it would be a very long wait! despite what T'bag said at the end of season 2 credits about it not being far away!

It will still be Prison Break it's just a new direction, like series 2 was. It will be the last series as far as I can make out. I'd be very happy if it was, because then it will have just been pure awesome and not dragged out like lost!

I'm only going by what this website says i'm not sure how reliable it is. Possible spoilers inside though

http://www.prisonbreakmanhunt.com/season3/

I loved season 1, but thought season 2 was a bit of a letdown. Episodes mostly consisted of Scofield & Co. running from one side of the screen to the other. I'll keep watching it though, and the season 2 ending made the prospect of season 3 look interesting.

Prison Break is one of my favourite show, realy looking forward to season 3. Although I fear it might be a little too similar too season one, with Mike being incarcerated again.
I think he'll be out pretty quickly, maybe within the first 6 episodes or so, I dunno, or maybe Season 3 could start off a few months later and Micheal has already formulated a plan and just needs to put it into action.

Can't believe there was never a thread about this amazing series!
*cough*

As much as I enjoyed what I caught of the first season of this, I could never really get into it. In fact I never really get into any series that I have to watch at a certain time, because I don't watch a lot of TV and never really remember to turn it on for a particular program.

I do remember it being quite disturbing in places though. Lots of people seem to die. I mean the vet, did he really have to die? Sheesh.

I love this show, the last episode is going to air tomorrow night over here. I'd love to share a prsion cell with Wentworth Miller, Sucre and C-Note. So hot. T-Bag is the funniest villian. Love him too. Bring on Season 3.

Yeah OK, I meant one that was created whilst series 1/2 were on over here so that people could talk about the episodes in it (like the one for Heroes). That one was made AGES ago!
But I find it hard to emphasise about a large bunch or criminals escaping.
Don't you mean empathise?

Anyways if you'd watched it you'd realise there's so much more to it than that; it was never the intention for so many to escape, but different situations/circumstances arose and new deals had to be made etc... and following Micheals character throughout the series you really get to see how much he regrets how things went.

Don't you mean empathise?

I meant both, I only typed one. Sowwie ¬_¬

Anyways if you'd watched it you'd realise there's so much more to it than that; it was never the intention for so many to escape, but different situations/circumstances arose and new deals had to be made etc... and following Micheals character throughout the series you really get to see how much he regrets how things went.

Sounds like Lost.

• 8 years later...
Miller And Purcell Return For Prison Break Limited Series

Fox announced this morning that Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell will both be returning for the 10-episode Prison Break limited series. The shows creator, Paul Scheuring, is currently working on the script. It’s expected the event series will get a straight-to-script order from the network.

The new story will pick up several years later from the series finale… but will ignore the straight-to-video movie that was produced and present a logical reason why the characters are still alive.

Miller and Purcell appear to be attached at the hip career wise. Besides the original series and it’s new return, the two have been working together as recurring characters Leonard Snart / Captain Cold and Mick Rory / Heatwave on The Flash and are part of the new spin-off series DC’s Legends Of Tomorrow that is set to debut in early 2016.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/08/06/miller-and-purcell-return-for-prison-break-limited-series/