N-Europe

Wimbledon

Daft

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same...She rocked. TBH its a bit unfair because Williams is basically a man.

That explains the new equal prize fund thing . . .

Venus is a force of nature! She is just amazing!!! and how fecking tall is she?!?!

She deserved to win :bowdown:

I can't stand Bartoli's serve. Thankfully I won't have the displeasure of watching her again until Wimbledon next year. I'm really glad Venus won it.

Murray/Jankovic tomorrow in the mixed doubles final will be great, I'm looking forward to that more than the Federer - Nadal match.

hey, i'm all for equal rights - but surely the girls are getting to do a lot less work for the same amount of money?

Exactly!

The way I see it is that they can gave equal prize money when they play best of 5 matches!

Guest Stefkov

Awesome match. Absolutely awesome.

Federer looked deflated in the 3rd set I think. Good to see him win, I do like Nadal though. But I've always wanted Federer to win.

Amazing final. Some of the best tennis I think I've ever seen.

In the fourth set, I thought Nadal was well in with a chance to win the match. But, Federerererer came back strong in the final set, and he took his chances and claimed it.

Nadal was so close, though. Next year I think he'll finally topple Federer at Wimbledon.

That injury was obviously faked to get Federer out of his game, Nadal did it all the time by calling the Hawkeye and stalling in between points. Federer is weaker when he's lost his game pace.

What a legendary match though...

Highlights for me have to be the mixed doubles, the womens finals, S. Williams screams of agony were something, and Federer getting 5 straight Wimbledon wins was cool, although i thought the match was a bit too formulaic.

Are there highlights on tonight? I missed the final set and a bit, wouldn't mind seeing it :hehe: ..was really enjoying it up until then!

Yeah, my (Scottish) newspaper says they're on at 10:30 on BBC2. It may be different in England though.