N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Celtic 0 - 1 Motherwell

I don't even know where to start. I was always a defender of Strachan but recently I'm realising he's just not cut out for it.

I don't bloody know what to say. :nono:

I suppose I could say "You're not having O'Neill back." but I'm not a tosser.

Dagnabbit! A whole 50 smackeroos could have been in my pocket. :(

Those are very strange odds though, imo. You would have thought it would have been different, given that United clearly can score against Roma, no Totti, and Ronaldo being in superb form.

Not really, cos it's a scorecast bet so the chances of you guessing the first goalscorer and the correct score is harder. Roma being at home and not scoring was highley unlikey so United 2-0 Ronaldo to score first at 50/1 is about right.

I'm rooting for Liverpool next week. I just have this un-natural hatrid towards Arsenal. It's always been that way, it's almost like second nature now. :D

It's all fair and well hating us, but a Man Utd fan, actually going for Liverpool is something I find incredibly hard to understand.

Our performance was poor, Fabregas looked tired, Hleb was a waste of a sub, Traore and Hoyte did an ok job. Slowberto needs to be sold, and Bendtner is hit and miss.

Hopefully Tuesday makes me a little happier about the end of the season.

It's all fair and well hating us, but a Man Utd fan, actually going for Liverpool is something I find incredibly hard to understand.

It's more going for the team Arsenal is playing, rather than going for Liverpool.

As long as we win, and you lose, I'm happy. :heh:

We have Boro tomorrow. I am a bit worried, they're a bit of a dark horse. Portsmouth, Boro and Blackburn are three of the fixtures that I don't look forward to playing in the league.

Unlucky Barnsley fans, was rooting for you guys even though if ye did beat Liverpool :heh:

Thank god someone finally stopped United, even if it was just for a draw. They still have to play Arsenal and Chelsea away, so theres still a chance they mightn't win the title right?

Unlucky Barnsley fans, was rooting for you guys even though if ye did beat Liverpool :heh:

Thank god someone finally stopped United, even if it was just for a draw. They still have to play Arsenal and Chelsea away, so theres still a chance they mightn't win the title right?

I thought the Arsenal game is at home, wasn't the 2-2 earlier in the season at the Emirates?

Didn't watch the United game due to being at work so I'll save any judgement until I watch it on Match of the Day, although I am concerned that Ferdinand limped off, especially with Vidic already injured!

I thought the Arsenal game is at home, wasn't the 2-2 earlier in the season at the Emirates?

Yeah it was 2-2 at the Emirates, I think he meant the sentence to come out as play arsenal, then chelsea away.

Bit crap that we didn't win yesterday, could've clawed some points back on United.

Yeah it was 2-2 at the Emirates, I think he meant the sentence to come out as play arsenal, then chelsea away.

Bit crap that we didn't win yesterday, could've clawed some points back on United.

Tbh I think we lost the title after the United thrashing in the FA cup. So far since then, in the league we got 8 points from a possible 21 which aint good enough. We've been so poor in recent games, especially when compared to our 1st half of the season we had (bar the Milan game, maybe Bolton to an extent).

Personally I think its down to the size of our squad, which aint big enough to last the whole season. When you look at the sides who have been winning the title the past few years, they are the sides which have the biggest squad, in Man United and Chelsea.

Wenger was wrong not to have bought more quality players in during the summer and January transfer window. Imo its cost us any chance of winning any silverware this season.

Why is it that MU have to make a dodgy end of the season, it is going to be perilously close. I have a nervous feeling.

It happened last season too. Vidic got injured, just when things looked comfortable the defense takes a knock and things got edgy.

How weird would it be if Chelsea won this year though? All the pundits are crazy in writing off teams which are only a few points behind the pace, everybody sort of forgot Chelsea were in contention and they've crept up on the lead.

:( What a missed opportunity today was. Really felt we could have won the match if we had players who could finish. Oh well, we still had an amazing run.

Wembley is a special place too, I like the new place. :)

I want Pompey to win it though, can't have our cup going out of England for another year.

Tbh I think we lost the title after the United thrashing in the FA cup. So far since then, in the league we got 8 points from a possible 21 which aint good enough. We've been so poor in recent games, especially when compared to our 1st half of the season we had (bar the Milan game, maybe Bolton to an extent).

Personally I think its down to the size of our squad, which aint big enough to last the whole season. When you look at the sides who have been winning the title the past few years, they are the sides which have the biggest squad, in Man United and Chelsea.

Wenger was wrong not to have bought more quality players in during the summer and January transfer window. Imo its cost us any chance of winning any silverware this season.

I agree, the squad is too thin, and I think wenger acknowledged this to some degree trying to sign wingersin the summer, but to no avail and with Diarra leaving in Jan this just worsened our situation. To the point we are in now with people suffering from fatigue and not to many options in the squad, I feel.

One of the major weaknesses in the squad, of which I think is imperitive Wenger addresses next year is the lack of wingers, which has cost us this year. Granted Carlos Vela should be back from loan another option on the wing but I feel Wenger has to buy a quality winger for next year.

Our problems with injury have only worsened the situation and maybe playing that weakened side against united was the catalyst to our implosion. However, we have a very good team that needs to gain a bit more experience and depth but I would say the future is bright for Arsenal and a good finish to the season would be nice for the supporters.

Was so gutted about the result at boro but more gutted about Rio. Vidic and Rio both out = trouble. Have to see how we do now. Think we'll be ok against Roma and then hopefully they will both be back.

The Arsenal and Chelski games are gonna defo be the deciders now. We need to win one them. 2 Draws might be enough but that is too close for comfort.

:( What a missed opportunity today was. Really felt we could have won the match if we had players who could finish. Oh well, we still had an amazing run.

Wembley is a special place too, I like the new place. :)

I want Pompey to win it though, can't have our cup going out of England for another year.

Cheers most people dont us to...as we are the favourites...typical...the one year we get to the final where people want us to lose...if we were playing the top 4 people would want us to win...

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!