Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is ok. The thing is when Spurs got him Lennon was just coming through too. I remember one of Routledges first games he done ok but got injured and had to go off. On come Lennon as a replacement and was just amazing.

If he is given a chance he'll be alright.

Martin O'neill doesn't like transfer windows :)

never buys early in them, always leaves things late :P

hopefully now you've got Routledge you can give maloney back to Celtic ;)

oh and Spurs fans, you've just spent £8m on a over-rated full back who is very good going forward, and prone to severe lapses in concentration when defending

Martin O'neill doesn't like transfer windows :)

never buys early in them, always leaves things late :P

hopefully now you've got Routledge you can give maloney back to Celtic ;)

oh and Spurs fans, you've just spent £8m on a over-rated full back who is very good going forward, and prone to severe lapses in concentration when defending

will fit in well at Spurs then :P

Lennon was bought 'for the future' with routledge first choice right wing, got inured and was forced to play Lennon - the rest is history. If distinctively average is good enough for you (which judging by most of you squad it is ;) ) then he'll be fine for you.

And Hutton? Well surely hes better than Shimbomba?!?! :)

He's played quite a few preseason and reserve games. And he was on loan at Pompey and Fulham. Trust me, he's cack!!

He wasn't complete cack for us and did play his part in the great escape... but he is by no means a player I would now want playing for pompey.

Squad:

Goalkeepers: David James (Portsmouth), Scott Carson (Liverpool on loan at Aston Villa), Chris Kirkland (Wigan)

Defenders: Wayne Bridge (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Curtis Davies (West Brom on loan at Aston Villa), Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United), Glen Johnson (Portsmouth), Ledley King (Tottenham Hotspur), Nicky Shorey (Reading), Wes Brown (Manchester United), Joleon Lescott (Everton), Micah Richards (Manchester City), Matthew Upson (West Ham United), Jonathan Woodgate (Tottenham Hotspur)

Midfielders: Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Gareth Barry (Aston Villa), Jermaine Jenas (Tottenham Hotspur), Owen Hargreaves (Manchester United), Joe Cole (Chelsea), Ashley Young (Aston Villa), Stewart Downing (Middlesbrough), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Chelsea), David Bentley (Blackburn Rovers)

Forwards: Emile Heskey (Wigan Athletic), Gabriel Agbonlahor (Aston Villa), Michael Owen (Newcastle United), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Peter Crouch (Liverpool)

Gutted about no Beckham. Im going Wembley on wednesday and taking the mother who loves becks for her birthday and thought it would be great seeing him getting his 100th cap. But it's not to be.

Also noticed no Robbo or Green (who I thought would start). No Defoe or Lennon but im guessing Lennon may go to U21's?

Ah Man why doesnt Agbonlahor choose Scotland instead!

we need a striker like him.

As for Liverpool, no fan in there right mind can still back rafa benitez. The guy has lost it and needs to go. 7th in the league and nowhere near the title for another season.

Still plays Harry Kewell and Kuyt who are both a joke. his negative tactics do not work! Bring in King Kenny for now then Marco Van Basten in the summer.

What do you reckon on starting lineups?

James

Richards

Ferdinand

Lescott

A. Cole

Wright Phillips

Gerrard

Barry

J. Cole

Owen

Rooney

So errm not much difference from before. I hope he changes it up a bit and gives some of the youngsters a go like Agbonlahor and Bentley. Im not sure owen and Rooney will ever work together. Maybe Crouch and Rooney. Saying that Rooney works well with Tevez I dunno.

He needs to decide who he wants to build the team around really.

Still gutted about Becks tho :(

Gutted about no Beckham. Im going Wembley on wednesday
Same!

Furious about the decision! Capello you w*nker!

I wanted his 100th cap to be at home, in the white shirt infront of all the england fans, and a possible captaincy in the legendary no.7 shirt!

Terry said he'd gladly give him the armband, Gerrad was singing his praises on the radio yesterday saying he still has loads to offer, and Ferguson and Sven have both been backing him.

I've no doubt he'll be back in the squad at some point and get his 100th cap, but who knows when the next home game will be!

It better not happen in the away kit against a packed French stadium or whoever!

It's something I wanted to celebrate at Wembley!

Exactly. Thing is I want England to move forward which im afraid to say IS without Beckham.

So what a perfect time next wednesday is to give someone the honour of their 100th cap in a pointless friendly before you start planning for World Cup Qualification.

But no it not happening :(

The England squad is pretty good, mix of old, regular, and new, and I'm indifferent towards Beckham, to be honest, and I'm pleased to see the return of Barry! I love him! :heh:

But WHERE THE FUCK IS ROBERT GREEN? WHERE??

Other than that, I like Capello so far.

Exactly. Thing is I want England to move forward which im afraid to say IS without Beckham.

So what a perfect time next wednesday is to give someone the honour of their 100th cap in a pointless friendly before you start planning for World Cup Qualification.

Exactly, it was the perfect setup!

I honestly thought that's what the FA had set this friendly up for! [and why they put a home game before Englands away game in March].

But maybe having worked with Beckham before Capello wants him in his future plans. And instead of making his 100th cap a pointless show case, he wants him to work hard, get some games under his belt and not just turn up for the cap, but to be an integral part of the team.

But maybe having worked with Beckham before Capello wants him in his future plans. And instead of making his 100th cap a pointless show case, he wants him to work hard, get some games under his belt and not just turn up for the cap, but to be an integral part of the team.
I get that Capello knows exactly what he's getting from Beckham both in terms of commitment, quality, determination etc...

Therefore it may make better use of his time as a manager to watch other potential England players in this friendly...

I think your right that Capello just wants him to get some games under his belt, because to be honest it would be a little unfair on all those currently playing in the premiership and fighting to get in the England team, that Beckham gets a place having not played for months... but then again I honestly think every player and fan up and down the country would understand and want him to get his 100th.

Fighting his way back into the team and proving his worth like he did with McLaren would however make the cap even sweeter; though unlike McLaren I don't believe Capello has dropped Beckham out of spite, but more for the reason above.

It's just Wednesday would be the perfect home showcase and I REALLY don't want the cap to fall on an away game!