Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2007/2008

flameboy

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha bring on chelsea! we can knock them out with our home record, oakwell is a fortress. come on!!!

here is the draw in full:

Full draw for FA Cup quarter-finals:

Sheffield United or Middlesbrough v Cardiff City

Manchester United v Portsmouth

Bristol Rovers v West Brom

Barnsley v Chelsea

Matches to be played on the weekend of 8 and 9 March.

Would have preferred Bristol Rovers at home (Like just about every other Barnsley fan lol) but Chelsea at home will be fun. Any idea on how the tickets are going to be done? 2 per season ticket again?

It's common knowledge that due to Man Utd's dominance in the Premier League during the 90s co-insiding with Sky TV, they have the largest following of glory hunters.

This from a man who revels in the demolition of opponents several leagues inferior.

There's nothing wrong with being proud of your team, but your success is measured by the strength of your opponents. So anyone who rubs shit in the faces of a team with obvious deficiencies in strength, tactics and overall ability is nothing more than a glory hunter.

I've been busy the last few weeks, so haven't been able to keep up with posting on here much.

Watching the United/Arsenal game was absolutely awesome. Possibly our best display this season, although Arsenal did look really poor as well. I'm a bit shocked at just how easy it was.

Nani, Fletcher, Evra and Rooney had fantastic games. Hopefully this will also Nani gets given more chance to start games now, as he can really be a menace on his day. :)

Now, Liverpool/Barnsley...absolutely shocking! :D Especially as how it was at Anfield as well. Awesome stuff.

This from a man who revels in the demolition of opponents several leagues inferior.

There's nothing wrong with being proud of your team, but your success is measured by the strength of your opponents. So anyone who rubs shit in the faces of a team with obvious deficiencies in strength, tactics and overall ability is nothing more than a glory hunter.

I'm sorry but when did I revel in the demolition of opponents several leagues inferior? Considering this season we've only played one lower league team, and that was Sheffield United in the Carling Cup. I highly doubt I banged on about that.

In fact the only team we've demolished this year would be Slavia Prague in the Champions League. And I'm gonna quote my reaction after the game, hardly rubbing shit in their faces.

ARSENAL! ARSENAL FC!

WE'RE BY FAR THE GREATEST TEAM!!! THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN!

AND IT'S ARSENAL!! ARSENAL FC!

WE'RE BY FAR THE GREATEST TEAM!!! THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN!

Amazing result, best performance all season. Roll on Liverpool on Sunday.

[Actually gutted I wasn't at the Emirates this evening, was going to go but decided not to buy a seat]

Now, Liverpool/Barnsley...absolutely shocking! :D Especially as how it was at Anfield as well. Awesome stuff.

You fiend. :(

C'mon the Pompey!!

Speaking of Liverpool... lets hope something good can happen tonight. It needs to be a game like when Juve came over the other year- and with Torres playing lets hope it can be. I see Benitez said he's committed to the cause but even so, if things go pear shaped against Inter then it could be curtains.

Inter have their own pressure though- the club chairman/ president/ or something says he has his place in the final booked so they must deliver.

At this point we're still looking good for a Liverpool v AC Milan final. :wink:

A Man U fan moaning about easy cup ties? Well that's rich.

Man United have now had premiership opposition for something like 12 consecutive FA Cup matches, so I dunno what you're going on about!?

Cannot believe Materazzi has been sent off, neither offences deserved to be yellow cards and the second was barely a free kick!

CMON LIVERPOOL!!!!!!

Were all over them :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Man United have now had premiership opposition for something like 12 consecutive FA Cup matches, so I dunno what you're going on about!?

Cannot believe Materazzi has been sent off, neither offences deserved to be yellow cards and the second was barely a free kick!

The second was a pull on the shirt, it was definatly a yellow.

If Liverpool want to win they need to introduce Crouch and they need to introduce Pennant so he has some good delivery. Inter dont have the biggest center backs in the world and with Matterazi off could be vunerable to the threat Crouch poses. Take off Lucas and Kuyt (who has been shit for the 8736463636th time this season) and Rafa could be on to something.

Keep it the same and Inter will shut up shop and defend this game out.

Please, he barley touched his shoulder. Torres made waaaay too much of it and as a result got Marco sent off. One of the softest dismissals I've ever seen!

Its the champions league, what do you expect? Everybody knows the referees in this competition dont enjoy letting the game flow and are overly harsh on 99% of bodily contact.

I agree with the second yellow card, the first was a complete joke.

It was an obvious pull but that wasnt what brought Torres down, I think that was a soft clip. If the second was a yellow which I think could be as there was an obvious pull, even if it didnt take him down the first challenge wasnt a yellow. Freekick maybe but I wouldnt say yellow.

But of course im not gonna complain :p

Games like that the referees are strict because they know that there will be a lot of tension and the players will start to bend the rules.

Personally I think they have gone a little too soft in football. They are stopping strong tackles. Didn't they bring out a new rule for 06 world cup or something saying that they aren't allowed to lunge? So then nearly every slide tackle was blown. I think they need to man up a little and let the players go in strong.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!