NEurope

I read all of that, Gizmo. I made a cup of tea, then sat down and read it all. I think I read the longer post before, hehe, but I read it again.

My reaction: God, being a teenager is so strange, confusing, yet exciting.

Why do you care so much for her? Well, part of it is probably down to the whole thrill of the chase. It's exciting when you're getting close to a girl, but you're not sure how it's going to turn out. It can drag on for months and months, and you still feel like you're not getting any closer.

You're probably doing all the right things. Spending time with her, talking, playing and messing around. Keep doing the good things, and eventually she'll see what it'll be like being with you. If she likes all that stuff and spending time with you, she may want to take things further. Who knows? Play eet cool, boy.

As for the how does one love and deem himself worthy of love?

Be yourself. Be true to yourself, and be brave. I don't think love is something you can go looking for. You can't buy a map and go out with a shovel and find it. That's exhumation.

I've noticed that pretty much every girl I've ever had deeper feelings for or every thought I had a chance with, they've all come from friendships. I remember I said to a very good friend in the past that I think a relationship is the best kind of friendship, and that being a friend is at the core of it. Why I think so many relationships fail is being that core, or that friendship is lost.

There's no one thing you can do to get others to love you. I agree with what Return to Castle NightWolfenstein says. The other person always sees things in you that you can't see yourself. The downside of this is that they can see your flaws too, haha.

I pretty much just said the same thing to Giz, keep it calm, let this other mutual friend speak to her. If she wants something (which seems likely) she'll say something. Seems like he's done more than enough of the work! :heh:

To be clear, much of the original post no longer applies. I only quoted it for the backstory. The stuff about the other girl and the psych stuff is all in the past now. Just so you guys understood what happened previously with me and the girl, and what it was that got me and Naomi talking.

To be clear, much of the original post no longer applies. I only quoted it for the backstory. The stuff about the other girl and the psych stuff is all in the past now. Just so you guys understood what happened previously with me and the girl, and what it was that got me and Naomi talking.

Ya, I understood that. About how others are noticing how you're feeling.

The-bodies-of-gays-on-the-001.jpg

Sitting on the floor, wearing traditional Islamic clothes and holding an old notebook, Abu Hamizi, 22, spends at least six hours a day searching internet chatrooms linked to gay websites. He is not looking for new friends, but for victims.

"It is the easiest way to find those people who are destroying Islam and who want to dirty the reputation we took centuries to build up," he said. When he finds them, Hamizi arranges for them to be attacked and sometimes killed.

Hamizi, a computer science graduate, is at the cutting edge of a new wave of violence against gay men in Iraq. Made up of hardline extremists, Hamizi's group and others like it are believed to be responsible for the deaths of more than 130 gay Iraqi men since the beginning of the year alone.

That' the basics of the article. The rest if you want to read it can be found here.

I had no idea that in the 60's and 70's Iraq had a "relatively liberated gay scene". I don't understand why the violence has only come back in full force since the invasion in 2004. Anyone want to explain to me what on earth it has to do with being gay?

Edited by jayseven

Put the pic in spoiler tags slaggis. Ta.

Sorry. :) I just assumed seeing as it was right there when the guardian page loads, it wouldn't be a problem on here.

The-bodies-of-gays-on-the-001.jpg

That' the basics of the article. The rest if you want to read it can be found here.

I had no idea that in the 60's and 70's Iraq had a "relatively liberated gay scene". I don't understand why the violence has only come back in full force since the invasion in 2004. Anyone want to explain to me what on earth it has to do with being gay?

And yet you see men in the middle east walking the street holding hands ALL THE TIME. And they are totally oblivious. Laughable

Sorry. :) I just assumed seeing as it was right there when the guardian page loads, it wouldn't be a problem on here.

I saw in the paper that some people have sex with children, but I still don't stick my penis in babies.

Yes, "but that's not the point," I know. But we're not the guardian :)

And yet you see men in the middle east walking the street holding hands ALL THE TIME. And they are totally oblivious. Laughable

well, men in the uk would often work hand in hand, arm in arm around town as recently as the late 1800's, it was only when homosexuality was cracked down on that they stopped, lest they be sent to jail.

as for that guy in iraq, i don't get it. its not like homosexuality hurts any one, and i certainly dont associate it with islam. my personal feeling is the guys a closet gay and hates himself for it.

Homosexuality can hurt.

In the bum.

And the heart!

Are you sure you don't get 'confused' and 'hit' yourself repeatedly?

Sorry, bad, bad attempt at humour.

Are you sure you don't get 'confused' and 'hit' yourself repeatedly?

Sorry, bad, bad attempt at humour.

But points for valid effort. :p

Back tracking a couple of pages here I found a youtube link to what I was earlier referring to in Slaggis' video.

If you havn't watched the full video which was posted a while back I urge you to watch it, if not please at least watch this. This video also has slightly more than what is repeated on the earlier video.

There is a hell of a lot of emotion in the above 2 and a half minutes. Also, it's nice to know the Ellen is married to Portia de Rossi, Lindsay Fünke in Arrested Development which makes me a very, very happy chappy.

Mhm Ellen is indeed great. And their wedding looked really nice. Try and find the episode of Ellen when Portia is on, its almost too sweet.

And interestingly Ellen has recently been selected as the 4th judge for American Idol which has caused all kinds of opinions (although mostly because of her lack of musical experience and her comedy) but I remember she was once blamed for Katrina because she was hosting something that year (Oscars, Emmys...something) by some religious senior (can't remember who). Just wonder if she'll be continued to use as a scapegoat simply because she's gay.

Mhm Ellen is indeed great. And their wedding looked really nice. Try and find the episode of Ellen when Portia is on, its almost too sweet.

And interestingly Ellen has recently been selected as the 4th judge for American Idol which has caused all kinds of opinions (although mostly because of her lack of musical experience and her comedy) but I remember she was once blamed for Katrina because she was hosting something that year (Oscars, Emmys...something) by some religious senior (can't remember who). Just wonder if she'll be continued to use as a scapegoat simply because she's gay.

... You gotta be kidding me, right?

Oh apparently an urban legend but discussed here. And as they say, it sounds believable enough.

Oh apparently an urban legend but discussed here. And as they say, it sounds believable enough.

Oh, dear ... probably the same people who thought that the tsunami in 2004 was also God being pissed about something.