N-Europe

Favourite Album (56k Warning)

Portlett

:blank::zzz:

/wrists

the first album is 100000000000000x better then there new crap

That's ignorant. ("wrists")

It gets better on repeated listens, but I HATE the sound quality of Bullets. Theres less variation between tracks, and it's less anthemic than Black Parade.

Three Cheers seems like a happy medium of both.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

462804.jpg

First CD I ever purchased, and only one I owned for a few months since :heh:

Rubber-A.jpg

The album that got me into The Beatles :bowdown:

backUS.jpg

Probably my most-played album. It's always on in the car, and everyone else is fed up of it, apart from me!

B00001OH7O.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Some brilliant Bowie.

Choosing a favourite album is hard, too hard. So I'll just give you a wee peek at what I've been listening to and enjoying recently:

1481032276_l.jpg

Malcolm Middleton-A Brighter Beat: surprisingly upbeat tunes with seriously downbeat lyrics. Recommended track-We're all going to die/Fuck it I love you.

7.jpg

Also known as 'the goth-father gets a bit cheery'. Recommended track-There she goes my beautiful world.

psychedelicfurs_talktalktalk.jpg

Early eighties post-punk loveliness. Recommended tracks-Pretty in pink/Into you like a train.

eels_b.jpg

Introspective look at love, life and death put to beautiful music from E. Recommended tracks-In the yard behind the church/Blinking lights (for me)

700541_170x170.jpg

Incredible political poetry from Linton Kwesi Johnson combined with deliciously heavy dub-reggae. Recommended tracks-Forces of vicktry/Sonny's lettah (anti-sus poem).

B000001E7V.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Tricky-Maxinquaye. Dark, sexy and soulful trip-hop. Recommended tracks-Black Steel/Aftermath/Pumpkin.

Isn't a patch on:

placebo-without_you_im_nothing_a.jpg

Except English Summer Rain.

It was the album that made me rediscover and fall in love with placebo again. i also listened to it for a good few months solidly. And listening to 'Centerfolds ' while on a bus, with it snowing heavily outside, on my way to college a few years ago was bloody amazing. One of those perfect moments where you get a song and are watching a beautiful visualisation but in real life. Maybe i'm just too soppy but it was a moment i won't forget and is a brilliant end to the album. ALSO the covers bonus CD is 10 of the best covers i have heard!

It was the album that made me rediscover and fall in love with placebo again. i also listened to it for a good few months solidly. And listening to 'Centerfolds ' while on a bus, with it snowing heavily outside, on my way to college a few years ago was bloody amazing. One of those perfect moments where you get a song and are watching a beautiful visualisation but in real life. Maybe i'm just too soppy but it was a moment i won't forget and is a brilliant end to the album. ALSO the covers bonus CD is 10 of the best covers i have heard!

I also have some bizzarre snow connection with SWG, probably 'cos it snowed a lot the year it came out. And the covers are pretty good.

But WYIN will always remain the 90's cult classic hit.

brianlips.jpg

is44.jpg

B000002UJQ.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Kid%20A%20Cover.gif

The_Dark_Side_of_the_Moon-1a.jpg

absolution.jpg

animals1.jpg

in_a_silent_way_small.jpg

Led_Zeppelin_IV.jpg

Those are the main ones that I really like. There are others which I find equally as good but I won't bother listing, they are by the same bands anyway. What my favourite out of the above listed is I really don't know, although it is probably a toss up between Kid A, OK Computer and Dark Side Of The Moon. They really all are fantastic albums and I like them in their own different ways :)

:laughing: will do, if they're as good as black holes and revelations I can't wait to pick em' up

Well in my opinion Black Holes and Revelations is about on a par with Showbiz. Origin Of Symmetry and Absolution are (I think anyway) far, far better albums than Black Holes...get them both now!!

Edit: @ Bard

What do you not like about Pink Floyd?