NEurope
Cube

The E3 2007 Anticipation Thread

How come there's no virtual reality, touch sensitive controller and flying console rumours yet?? How can we get hyped for E3 without all the bullshit of last year?

Oh... this year we have a FF7 like RPG from nintendo. That's enough to get the steam rolling.

I heard from Miyamoto's personal arse-wiper that they're releasing a toaster wii, which will also have DVD functionalities.

Didn't really know where to put this, or want to start a new thread,

http://www.cubed3.com/news/7664/1/Nintendo_to_Show_Off_New_Japanese_Wii%20and%20DS_Games

Industry News | Nintendo to Show Off New Japanese Wii/DS Games

Quick News - According to Famitsu, Nintendo will hold a retailer event in Japan early tomorrow to show off its Summer / Autumn line-up for Wii and DS. Can we expect any surprises from this? Possibly not, but new media could well be forthcoming.

New smash brothers brawl trailer pls.

I have no idea what to expect from Ninty now. First time in a long time that I havnt felt a lot of hype for this event..

New smash brothers brawl trailer pls.

Jesus Christ, can't it be anything else? Maybe even something related to retailers?

and so they did!

Two new DS colours! The Silver one is calling my name...

I have no idea what to expect from Ninty now. First time in a long time that I havnt felt a lot of hype for this event..

Hmmm, weird. I'm the opposite. There are three new installments for the top (IMO) four Nintendo franchises just around the corner, with plenty of surprises possible for each game. Then there are a whole heap of Nintendo games we know next to nothing about which could be unveiled properly.

Not to mention this is arguably the first E3 in a long time (if ever) where third-party interest in Nintendo could well be higher than for the other two.

It's gonna be sweet.

I'm kind of mixed about e3 this time around. The last e3 was great but that was due to the fact that the Wii wasn't out yet.

When i think of nintendo showing new versions of games like Mariokart and Zelda i always get excited but when you look back each of those games have been big jumps in terms of gfx (mariokart is a prime example) but now when i think of what the next Mariokart will be like i just have this image of it looking like double dash. I want a graphically stunning mariokart please nintendo, just like mario galaxy is stunning but will it happen? probably not :mad:

It would be nice if nintendo announced some new hardware like maybe DS2 :laughing:

After the announcement that E3 will be changed this year I have zero anticipation for this event. I used to look forward to it so much. Now it's a bit like it's dead.

"people" say new hardware will be shown. I wonder what it will be.

A new gameboy that is a portable gamecube would make sense if they were to continue the trend with WII being a gamecube+.

But it's nintendo so it probably won't happen without something revolutionary on board :)

http://kotaku.com/gaming/remember%2C-salt%21/rumour-nintendo-announcing-mario-kart-wii-new-hardware-at-e3-265035.php

...firm release dates for Smash Bros and Mario Galaxy, we'll also get a "grosse révélation au niveau Hardware" [big hardware news] as well as a look at Mario Kart for the Wii.

Now kids - BEWARE OF RUMOURS

We all know how the heady and lofty heights of the rumour mill can destroy even the most seasoned of Nintendo fans.

I'm not expecting anything in the line of hardware revelations, but some more release dates would be nice.

The gba is all but dead (it's done well bless it), if you look back at the DS it was an addition to the handheld market. People could still play gba games on it so it had firm foundations already. Now that gba is no longer 'big' the DS is going to be all alone in terms of Nintendo handhelds.

I don't believe Nintendo will want this to happen especially with the PSP (+ possible PSP redesign coming soon) on the scene. IMO now or very soon would be a good time to transform the original DS into the foundations of a 'DS2' system just like the gba was to DS, it would continue the winning formula Nintendo used for the orignal DS. I for one would welcome a new DS :D

I could be wrong, would a 'DS2' kill the original DS? or would it strengthen the DS brand? (PS1 did well after PS2 came out, didn't it?)

The gba is all but dead (it's done well bless it), if you look back at the DS it was an addition to the handheld market. People could still play gba games on it so it had firm foundations already. Now that gba is no longer 'big' the DS is going to be all alone in terms of Nintendo handhelds.

I don't believe Nintendo will want this to happen especially with the PSP (+ possible PSP redesign coming soon) on the scene. IMO now or very soon would be a good time to transform the original DS into the foundations of a 'DS2' system just like the gba was to DS, it would continue the winning formula Nintendo used for the orignal DS. I for one would welcome a new DS :D

I could be wrong, would a 'DS2' kill the original DS? or would it strengthen the DS brand? (PS1 did well after PS2 came out, didn't it?)

I reckon its way WAY too early for a new DS. Maybe a new model, but I mean come on, to bring out a new DS will be like a punch in the face to all those millions buying the DS lite. TBH I think it makes no sense to bring a new DS out.

I reckon its way WAY too early for a new DS. Maybe a new model, but I mean come on, to bring out a new DS will be like a punch in the face to all those millions buying the DS lite. TBH I think it makes no sense to bring a new DS out.

Maybe it is early m8 but i only meant announcement meaning a DS2 out in something like a year or so. I have to say thou, what 'big' Nintendo games are yet to come out for DS? i struggle to think of any if you don't count Phantom Hourglass.

They won't announce thr DS2 until DS sales slow. And that doesnt seem like happening anytime soon.

But yeah, Mario Kart Wii seems almost a certainty to be announced soon. Excite Truck-ish controls with the Mario Kart style and online, sign me up. Metroid for Q2 this year, Galaxy and Brawl for Q3 and Q4, Day of Disaster for Q1, Project Hammer Q2/3, Mario Kart Wii Q2/3.

Expect Animal Crossing and Pikmin to follow soon after, and F-Zero around a year after Mario Kart.

I would love a Wii HDD and a Wii headset, but frankly I can see the 'big new hardware news' just being new Wii colours.

Mario Kart Wii - I can see that being correct, it's about the right time for it, for an early '08 release (in the US).

Excite Truck-ish controls with the Mario Kart style and online, sign me up.

Am i the only person to not like the whole excite truck controls thing?

i'd like traditional controls for steering with the ability to aim and actually throw shells/items with the Wiimote, but maybe thats stupid ::shrug:

Am i the only person to not like the whole excite truck controls?

i'd like traditional controls for steering with the ability to aim and actually throw shells/items with the Wiimote, but maybe thats stupid ::shrug:

..yeh.. I was thinking Wiimote/Nunchuk with steering on the analogue stick and throwing bananas/shells etc with the Wii Remote..