NEurope
Cube

The E3 2007 Anticipation Thread

well not long to wait now, although the E3 hype isn't what it used to be.

Am i the only person to not like the whole excite truck controls?

i'd like traditional controls for steering with the ability to aim and actually throw shells/items with the Wiimote, but maybe thats stupid ::shrug:

Honestly, I like how that sounds more. I think I would prefer a Nunchuck-Wiimote combo for this game as there are item throws and such and the thought of actually mimicking the throwing action of a shell in a heated race makes this seem like the better control scheme.

..yeh.. I was thinking Wiimote/Nunchuk with steering on the analogue stick and throwing bananas/shells etc with the Wii Remote..

I'd be fairly happy with excite truck controls if it were a super fast game and not like double dash which was slow as balls imo, but nintendo seem to like mariokart to appeal to young gamers so it will probably be slow :nono:

Fast, Wiimote aiming, mushroom like in snes MK, no snaking = Great Mariokart = happy Smowza

I'd be happy with excite truck controls if it were a super fast game and not like double dash which was slow as balls imo, but nintendo seem to like mariokart to appeal to young gamers so it will probably be slow :nono:

Fast, Wiimote aiming, mushroom like in snes MK, no snaking = Great Mariokart = happy Smowza

I also agree MK should be tad faster. I think a 200cc mode would sort that out nicely.

I also agree MK should be tad faster. I think a 200cc mode would sort that out nicely.

200cc mode, I pray for the day! how much chance is there of it happening thou? :confused:

that would be perfect a 200cc mode, although the comp opponents would be really hard to beat. But that would make the game better i suppose.

When i ask myself 'What part of e3 do i look forward to most?' i have to say the conferences, now am i correct in thinking that they havent changed?

So the nintendo conference bit is on july 11th? Tis gonna be a great birthday present if the announce smash bros/mario glaxy realase date then..can't wait.

could there have been some truth behind the vision red game told of by the embargo breaker.

nintendo did buy the studio responsible for baten kaitos

I hope they have something amazing for the casual gamers. So their interests doesnt end with Wii Sports.

What about Brain Training? I think casual gamers have got plenty to be going on with.

What about Brain Training? I think casual gamers have got plenty to be going on with.

I think Wii Sports is in a different league with different fans. People who like to move it.

I think they want some action.

I would love a Wii HDD and a Wii headset, but frankly I can see the 'big new hardware news' just being new Wii colours.

We don't need a Nintendo branded HDD. We just need a simple and small firmware upgrade that includes the universal media storage drivers. We could use any USB memory device to store data. That includes USB HDDs.

We just need a simple and small firmware upgrade that includes the universal media storage drivers. We could use any USB memory device to store data. That includes USB HDDs.

Indeed. Considering that Nintendo bought technology for USB-massdevice related filesystem technology just ½ months ago from eSOL, this would be most logical step.

We don't need a Nintendo branded HDD. We just need a simple and small firmware upgrade that includes the universal media storage drivers. We could use any USB memory device to store data. That includes USB HDDs.

I know we don't NEED one. But that's what we'll get, if anything :nono:

I Just want a Star Wars game, It will make my fooking day

I'm sure i read just the other day that, that is happening...

It would be a missed opportunity if they didn't make it, wouldn't it?

Nah, i'm sure your wish will come true. I eat my head if we don't hear something about that soon....or someones elses head, as eating my own head would be pretty difficult task.

I hope they have something amazing for the casual gamers. So their interests doesnt end with Wii Sports.

There's no doubt Wii Music and Wii Health Pack will feature heavily at one of the upcoming big conferences. If not E3 then the Tokyo Games Show (more likely imo) or E for Everyone (again more likely).

I hope Nintendo annouced some new IP's in all honesty. D:DoC and Project Hammer look like great new franchises and I hope Nintendo don't stop there. They've made numerous hints at Nintendo's upcoming projects being gear to a more 'hardcore' market and E3 is definitely the best place to annouced that sort of stuff.

I honestly think Nintendo will carry on making the stuff their fanbase love (Zelda, Mario, Metroid etc) and let the third parties do all the casual games. Just look at the line ups from EA and Ubisoft, it's clear which market they're primary focus is on.

http://www.cubed3.com/news/7716/1/More_Wii_HDD_Confirmation?

Nintendo Speculation | More Wii HDD Confirmation?

Quick News: A recent snippet in IGN’s Wii-k in Review Podcast reveals what could potentially be a Wii hard disk in the works. According to GoNintendo, the add-on could be in the works with discussion on large file-sizes for certain VC titles.

Wonder if this will be Nintendo's rumoured hardware announcement at E3?

A Wii HDD would be pretty good, but if and only if they offer way more downloads.

If they're going to release a HDD add on why didnt they just put it in there in the first place...?

If they're going to release a HDD add on why didnt they just put it in there in the first place...?

To lower costs...

Because not everyone would necessarily want one!

It keeps the cost of the console down for those wanting a Wii for just a few fun games,

and keeps the Wii's strong price advantage selling point!