Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

best opening ever

just got inspired by the greatest ending ever so i thought i might put this up. anyway the best opening there are three of them first one is FF VIII really good next is Resident Evil: Code Veronica loved it how she was able to beat all these people and last the legend of Zelda: Wind Waker there is something good about it. so theres mine so what are yours?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The beginning of Resident Evil 4 rocked. You enter the village and everyone comes at Leon from all angles, then you run into the house only for the chainsaw guy to come after you. Then if you survived all that the villagers walk away and 'Resiednt Evil' appears on the screen. Awesome. :D

My favouries would be;

- Majoras Mask - the walk through the forest, the chase, the music, the acrobatics! I love it!

- Shenmue - Just a Fantastic, emotional, immersive beginning!

- Sonic Adventure (Dreamcast) - I was in AWE the first time i saw the intro title movie; i'd never seen graphics like it before and the music was great,

- SSBM - for the great music and animation,

- Ocarina of Time - Links nightmare and Navis flight,

- Resident Evil 4 - this game kind of has a short opening chapter before the title appears after the first village attack; but what a beginning!!

"Where'd everybody go? Bingo?"

The beginning of Resident Evil 4 rocked. You enter the village and everyone comes at Leon from all angles, then you run into the house only for the chainsaw guy to come after you. Then if you survived all that the villagers walk away and 'Resiednt Evil' appears on the screen. Awesome.
Totally Agree!!
I really like Onimusha 3's opening.

EDIT: which you can view by clicking here.

Just watched it; it was a good one!

I don't know the Onimusha story; but the character he morphed into by consuming the enemies reminded me alot (in style) of Fierce Diety Link, and just how cool he could look on screen (with his glowing eyes and flowing white hair) if they were to include him in a future Zelda game!!

My favourites would proberly be:

Metal Gear Solid 2

Zelda: OOT

Prince of Persia SOT

FFVII (go watch the PS3 tech demo of it if you haven't already)

I's usually more impressed with the openings of games than the endings...............although that may come down to me not wanting the game to end.

Metroid Prime.

"The cosmos..." and that whole speech gave me chills, then the music kicked in just as Samus's ship appeared. And then Samus jumps out, lands, that other music plays, the camera swirls around, goes through Samus's head and you're playing. Perfect.

I think all of the Final Fantasy games I've played excluding X-2 (so thats VI to X), had fantastic beginnings. Along with Metal Gear Solid, I remember playing the demo while on holiday in America and the whole just sneaked into a army base and now I'm gonna kick ass rocked my socks. Like others have said Resident Evil 4 also had an amazing beginning too.

Starwing! I don't think anything I will ever play will replace that fuzzy, warm and excited inside my belly then the words "SCRAMBLE! SCRAMBLE!" flashing across the screen. All your ladee-da flashy FF cutscenes can go to hell - show me a big red take-off alert and I'll be blasting hordes of enemies out of the skies over Corneria and throughout the surrounding system with a 100% hit-rate for each and every level.

PS. Starwing remains the only game I've ever actually been appaling good at. Even up to the point of pwnage. :)

No one has mentioned it... but Half-Life 1 and 2 both have fantastic beginnings for totally different reasons.

Half-Life 1. Usual day at work, you start on the monorail. It takes about 3 minutes and you see so many goings on, as well as your first encounter with the G-Man... not that you know he's the main "bad guy" so to speak. You go down to the locker room, get your Hazard Suit and head to work. Only when a new sample of an experiment is tested a portal to Xen is opened. And all hell breaks lose.

What a start.

In Half-Life 2. The first 30 seconds are incredible. The G-Man talks to you. The graphics are astounding, its such a high-res model. Once he's finished, you're again on a train/monorail style system. You see two people inside it. You can talk to them, if you wish. Or you can walk out... and you really have no idea where you are till Dr. Breen says "Welcome, welcome to City 17... It's safer here." You're confronted by many Combine Police, pushing you along. You talk through the gates. The gate shuts behind you, the security cameras point at you and you hear a bleeping. The alarms come on. CP's surround you, then one comes out a door to your right. "You citizen, come with me."

Such an amazing start. Simple as.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!