Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Official 2006-2007 Exams Thread

DCK

Oh wow, some of you guys have so many exams, I only have 3. They're all 2 hours long but still, I feel slightly better looking at all that shit. Damn I forgot how much work A Levels and GCSEs were.

One of my friends only has two. :shock:

To be fair though, 4 of her subjects had stupid amounts of coursework, and she was really stressed about it...

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that AS?

Nope, GCSE

Ahh... GCSEs' date=' this time next year, you will realise that they are pretty much worthless. As my maths teacher once said "you can find GCSEs in cornflakes boxes".[/quote']

You would be suprised how many people havn't even achieved a grade in some subjects, such as ICT and Graphics.

I got my graphics results back today for the coursework, got me a 91/105 which is an A so im pleased. Maybe the exam could get me that *.

French Speaking on Thursday

join the club - i am also screwed!

what the hell?!?!! Our college's french speaking was last week i thought :hmm: Have you heard about the extra person in the room now? Apparently there was at least 1 incident last year with teh examiner and student leading to a third person being in the room. I laughed :)

what the hell?!?!! Our college's french speaking was last week i thought :hmm: Have you heard about the extra person in the room now? Apparently there was at least 1 incident last year with teh examiner and student leading to a third person being in the room. I laughed :)

im from northern ireland - different board!

still screwed

You would be suprised how many people havn't even achieved a grade in some subjects, such as ICT and Graphics.

*raises hand*

Ooh ooh pick me.

I've passed D201 and may have passed D202, but it's unlikely.

I'm gonna ask Darth Vater what I got in Graphics tomorrow morning.

I had an SQL exam at University today, if I failed that I need to punched in the testicles.

My achievement of uni so far this year is getting an A- for a networking practical whilst having the worst hang over I've ever experienced.

Just got three exams and a presentation left to do.

Im suprisingly unstressed.

Ive already done 6 of my standard grades, and the last 2 are not until the 21st. They will also be piss easy! (biology and modern studies)

So now Im on 'study leave' till then. Mmm...

Just done my second Higher exam today which was maths.Paper 1 was a easy and so was the first page on paper 2,after that it got a bit tricky.

3 left now,Physics tomorrow then another on on the 28th(Computing) and 29th(Chemitry).

Also I can relax a bit more since i've done the hard-ish exams.

May: Advanced Analysis 1, Essentials of electric Networks A1, Discrete Mathematics 1, Coding practica

June: Advanced Analysis 2, Essential of electric Networks A2 and B, Discrete Mathematics 2, Coding practica final, Verilog

Each is 2-3 hours and I am already terrified about the outcome.

One of my friends only has two. :shock:

To be fair though, 4 of her subjects had stupid amounts of coursework, and she was really stressed about it...

Uhuh, one of my best mates has none - degree level media course. She also had lots of assignments but, despite what I used to tell myself back at A-Level, I would definitely take coursework over exams. Exams just pile too much pressure into a few hours, and demand a lot from the memory, rather than skill.

Ooh yeah Chemistry practical was a walkover. Next up, physics practical...

Completely agree about the chemistry practical. I counted up how many marks i thought i got (without Part A) and i think it was 25/28 (made a mistake on the 3 mark question about whether it was in excess E or not :( )

Hope you do well in your exam!

Just back from physics exam.Parts where tricky but ended up being obvious what to do.

Though there was a sort of pattern at times on the multiple choice questions which made me paranoid.

You had to really think about things carefully though to understand some questions.But all in all i'm quite happy with it.

Uhuh, one of my best mates has none - degree level media course. She also had lots of assignments but, despite what I used to tell myself back at A-Level, I would definitely take coursework over exams. Exams just pile too much pressure into a few hours, and demand a lot from the memory, rather than skill.

Well, I will always take exams over coursework... in fact, I quite like exams, and the same definitely cannot be said for coursework.

Just back from SG Physics! Pretty damn easy, nothing odd about it. There was even a question that was almost exactly the same as the 2006 paper.

Were you doing Higher Shadow?

Yep.

And one of my friends apparently finished half way through the exam.Hope he passed though.

Guest Stefkov

I go on study leave on friday, I'm glad. I think I will get some revision done, something to make the time pass quicker maybe.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!