N-Europe

General Gallery

Emasher

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I love that Hamish! Gandalf is my best thing.

Ugh I did this really rushed for a "Draw me an X" thing on CBR forums, where you're assigned a character from (in this case) X-Men to draw. The theme this time was to come up with an alternate reality version of that character. Mine is Frog Princess, the offspring of Toad and Emma Frost and people seemed to like her back story but I cba to repost. She's just kinda bad-ass freedom fighter, calling both sides of the mutant war on their bullshit most of the time.

Unfortunately drawn in my "lolz I don't care about position/movement" way only I way prefer said style with pen and paper...there's much more character to my drawings then. I ironically tighten up and can't let loose digitally. Maybe cause I'm not at all skilled with photoshop. I should change that...just cause all these women I draw digitially look the same. My hand-drawn style is kinda crazy these days, this is not.

FINALFROGPRINCESS_zpsf47cdea3.jpg

I kinda like it though. Apart from the fact her hair and her costume are moving in different directions. YOLO

Very simply... I painted a texture on paper and then scanned it in (you can also get textures on google but you don't always get the rights) and then put it on the top layer and make it an "Overlay" layer.

I've never thought of doing that before! I've always gone for the online textures. Will definitely have a go at making my own next time, it looks very.... professional. You have developed a very recognisable style.

Smashed Darkseid out this evening.

darkseid_beckons_by_theextincthitchhiker-d5r6vu3.jpg

Could have spent more time on it, may still do, but happy with it so far. Pretty pleased since it wasn't based on anything. Dabbled with the watercolour but was a little too knackered to do it manually so I thieved from t'internet.

I prefer the 'cut-out pieces of paper' look over the 'badly drawn in Photoshop' look. Though his barely visible eye that's a blue cross for some reason is kind of weird.

That was just a placeholder. Originally I was going to animate the eyes separately and then map them on (using that + as a location target) then realised that the style I'm trying to replicate just has solid black eyes, so that's easier.

I like the outline, but without the context of a full scene it's hard to tell how well it fits.

Hmm well it will take about 30 minutes extra work to do it with, so think I may try both (once I finish the video)!

I vote no outline.

I spent most of my evening doing this. I based the pose on a picture from my Madonna 2013 calendar (lelelel) but other than the rough pose, all mine. It's PSYLOCKE from X-Men, more recognisable as a purple ninja, but before that she was just a pink psychic lady from Essex. More fun-loving and less ninjaserious. I liked spending more time on a drawing, getting used to the tablet more..but I seriously need to learn about Photoshop..I'm pretty much just treating it like MsPaint atm...dunno any colouring techniques. I'm a more "painting something in front of me by hand" guy.

N.B It's rough, not done etc

PsylockeDrawing_zps0ece1329.png

My joke is going to be doing all the psychic X-Women, all based on poses from my Madonna calendar. Emma Frost, Jean Grey, Rachel Grey... maybe Karma too. etc

Edited by Paj!

I can't think of anywhere else that's appropriate, so as this is a general thread:

@Eenuh

I have this on my wall

tiger-my-friend.jpeg

Was this inspired by a book which is currently a popular film?

Actually it isn't (even though I love the book)! I drew it while listening to "Tiger, my friend" by Psapp, who Aimless introduced me to. =)

Actually it isn't (even though I love the book)! I drew it while listening to "Tiger, my friend" by Psapp, who Aimless introduced me to. =)

It always reminds me of this:

(and in spite of what the video says, apparently it's not a tribute to Calvin & Hobbes)

You're really getting to grips with that Procreate app better than I am. Awesome stuff!

Trying to remember how to use flash. Anyone want to give some feedback on this?

http://n-europe.com/ashley/bigben.html

Not sure why the background image flashes on the first frame...

Think I may tidy it up and colour it in for practice but looking for some feedback first :)

Showreel time!

A band I like asked for animators so I threw this together. Considering it a first draft of the showreel I will pimp around once I go freelance (which should have more work in it). Feedback welcome :) (I have already spotted that the tongue isn't coloured in)

(noticed that it's been viewed four times. Sent it to a friend but I'm guessing that means the band has seen it. #neurosis)

Edited by Ashley

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!