N-Europe

Rygar: The Battle of Argus

Smiter

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/787/787604p1.html

7:19: Mr. Kikuchi from High Energy Productsion comes out to introduce Rygar. Kikuchi was producer of many titles like Fatal Frame, Gallop Racer and Super Swing Ball and Pangya Golf. "Now, I'd like to try a new challenge this year." The trailer begins...

--Project Rygar

--New Hero

--New Enemies

--Swing Action

--For the Nintendo Wii

rygar1178879583yq8.jpg

No game footage is shown in the trailer, only character art and other concept work. But it's for the Wii! And yes, I'm saying that with exclamation marks, Rygar is on the Wii!

Based on the classic NES/Arcade game (which also made a glorious stop on PS2), this game starts the franchise anew with new characters and settings. Kikuchi wants to make a game that people can easily get into through the Wiimote, and the Wiimote will be your main control device for Rygar's Diskarmor. He hopes to be able to show more of Rygar some time this year.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated with the character art and a little more info. This could be interesting, I never played Rygar on the PS2 but I certainly remember the NES version. :)

UPDATE: Tecmo Bowl also announced! But they haven't revealed what platform it will be on. Hopefully it's for the Nintendo Wii. It's set for a 2008 release.

..yeh, I agree.. things certainly seem to be on the up!

Never played Rygar before, but just looked up about it there now and think it could be interesting. Another game for me to keep an eye on.. and another game I feel Nintendo wouldn't have got if it had chosen the same path as Sony or Microsoft..

UPDATE: Tecmo Bowl also announced! But they haven't revealed what platform it will be on. Hopefully it's for the Nintendo Wii. It's set for a 2008 release.

Excellent news , lets hope that it is Wii bound as I loved the original.

It'll be interesting to see how it can complete with todays NFL games , especially depth wise and with the lack of a proper license (damn you EA , although after this years awesome Madden they are forgiven slightly).

I just watched the Rygar teaser trailer from IGN's page. It sound like they are once again using Moscow International Symphonic Orchestra.

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/905/905253/vids_1.html

Really worth watching if only for that little sound clip. Also proves what difference there is between fakey midiorchestra* and true orchestra. :)

* For example, I often hear people saying that Square-Enix games have fully orchestrated soundtracks, when in reality most of the music in SE's games is made using midi.