N-Europe

Odd Medical Problem...

flameboy

I keep getting Pins and Needles in my left arm and hand randomly! could this be repetitive strain? I've been doing a shit load of typing recently, but it doesn't seem to happen just when I am typing... Oddly got it in my foot earlier at the same time, but think that was coincidence...

So, you have a medical problem... where do you go for a diagnosis? That's right, a Nintendo forum! :rolleyes:

lol, I know, but I'm not a member of a medical forum and NHS Direct is useless, wots the technical terms for pins and needles?!!!

EDIT:

All sound advice, I have been sat working nearly non stop all day...and still am now...

Left arm numbness usually precedes coronary heart failure. Which I wouldn't expect you guys to have. You probably should do some stretches.

1) Raise your arm, then reach down between your shoulder blades and push lightly with the other hand. Do it for about 20 seconds

2) Put your arm across your body, cradling it in your other arm joint and press towards body. Turn head away from stretched arm to maximise stretching.

3) Arm wheels. Self explanatory.

Left arm numbness usually precedes coronary heart failure. Which I wouldn't expect you guys to have. You probably should do some stretches.

1) Raise your arm, then reach down between your shoulder blades and push lightly with the other hand. Do it for about 20 seconds

2) Put your arm across your body, cradling it in your other arm joint and press towards body. Turn head away from stretched arm to maximise stretching.

3) Arm wheels. Self explanatory.

Coronary heart failure?!! not at my age, I'm too young :shakehead (although it can happen at any point in life I guess)

Ah well only one more day of uni work then it should all be done...

Guest Stefkov

I usually get this after sleeping on my arm overnight and stopping the circulation, right after the blood gets back to the arm loads of pins and needles.

Just keep moving it getting the circulation around.

I used to get random sputs of pins and needles in my feet. It was strange because I played football a lot..It's stopped now.

Oh ffs. By typping you are probably dropping your elbow. Therfore the blood in your arm is not returning to you body properly, reducing the bllod flow buy causing a kind of traffic jam. Just make sure you take a break every 20mins or so and do exercises that tense the muscles in you hand and arms.

Typing for so long with your arm in position can cause some damage to the valves in you veins as the blood pressure will get quite high. Avoid doing this on a regular occasion because long term effects of this include Deep Vein Thrombosis.

Get up and move about a bit, how about getting up and going to see your doctor? Whenever I think of pins and needles I think diabetes, though I think that tends to be more in the legs than just one arm. Either way, maybe you guys should see a doctor, and I don't think we have anyone here who knows...