NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Soul Calibur Legends

I still would much rather see Soul Calibur IV... :(

i definetly going to buy this game looks great a must have for me

now i have Mario galaxy in my list smashbros , Soulcalibur, metroid prime corruption, pokemon battle revolution, mario kart , Disaster day of crisis , and naruto for wii

For a game in that genre it sure does look great, and the animations are as great as i expected them to bem, like the other SC games.

But i would rather have a true SC though.

Just saw the trailer. I had to burst out laughing seeing how the sword... became the wiimote! Kinda cheesy for an official trailer. Anyway, game looks good. From what I could see it was just about the same as SC2. The screens looked sharper though. I wonder how good the controls work. That really is a make or break element.

Oh and the lead characters... none of them are my faves actually. I used to play a Kilik, Talim or Seong Mina. None of them use swords :P

Co-op is good news. Hopefully framerate keeps it up and won't sacrifice the details. I still have high hopes for it!

Just saw the trailer there, think it looks really good and definitely one I will be keeping an eye on :smile:

Talim doesn't use swords, so no Talim love for me T_T

Oh well at least there is still Taki.

Excellent. This is now proving to be quite an exciting prospect.

being the masstive soul calibur fan i am, i'll settle for pretty much anything they throw at me as long as it has the name "soul calibur" :blank:

i really like the graphics other developers should really learn from games like this is there a release date for this game ?

i really like the graphics other developers should really learn from games like this is there a release date for this game ?
There isn't a fixed release, but is scheduled for winter 2007, at least in Japan.

There isn't a fixed release, but is scheduled for winter 2007, at least in Japan.

In the inteview above he says Q4 2007, which I think takes place at E3, so it should be safe to say that it's Q4 in the States as well.

So August 08 for us then :heh:

Ouch! Joystiq doesn't like it!
Joystiq doesn't like anything on Nintendo consoles, even Metroid Prime 3 they insulted with childish remarks.

look at the guy's profile:

As the lead PlayStation writer, you'll see my work prominently on PSP and PS3 Fanboy, although I contribute to all the other Joystiq sites as well.

EMAIL: [email protected]

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/bloggers/andrew-yoon/

wow, just wow. (and he was the same arsehole who insulted MP3)

Oh dear. Much as I'd like to disagree with that article, having just watched the footage on gametrailers I have to say it's looking a bit shoddy. I'm willing to give it time though before I judge. It's obviously still at an early stage - I mean, it looks worse than SC2 on GC! I assume they've have to build a new engine from scatch. I love the idea of exploring 'behind the scenes' of the arenas etc; they always looked too good just to be backgrounds!

Biased as they may be, I really doubt this is going to turn out an AAA (don't you hate that term?) game... The videos do kind of confirm what he says.

Biased as they may be, I really doubt this is going to turn out an AAA (don't you hate that term?) game... The videos do kind of confirm what he says.
I think he was bashing it, hence what I said.

That said I'd really like for this to turn out great, although I obviously agree it's not looking "AAA" now, it would need a big overhaul in graphics and good and tight controls. I'd certainly call for a delay, no way for a fulfilling 2007 release.

I'll still wait and see though.

I think too many studios are trying to rush games out for the (already overcrowded) Q4 slot. This and NiGHTS have so much potential. I'd hate to see it wasted.