NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Soul Calibur Legends

That guy in the white shirt would appear to have eyes in the back of his head...

That guy in the white shirt would appear to have eyes in the back of his head...

thats the problem with the wii. its just involves random waves to play the game.... kinda equivalent to old skool buttom mashing. no skill and no pleasure for the hardcore

Bullshit, "hardcore" gamers play games like God of War. A game custom made for lobotomy patients, it requires no thought whatsoever. At least pretending to have a sword will be a lot more fun than mashing buttons for 10 hours.

thats the problem with the wii. its just involves random waves to play the game.... kinda equivalent to old skool buttom mashing. no skill and no pleasure for the hardcore

Actually I see it the other way around, the Wii Remote opens up the potential for unique and far more in-depth control schemes for many genres. Just look at what the keyboard and mouse has done for FPS's, RTS's, MMORPG's etc, there are alot of genres where the convential controller simply holds it back, and for the true hardcore it simply isn't enough.

That's what I find so remarkable about the Wii Remote, as much as it can open up new appeal to casual players, once developers start implementing the controls properly there is a huge potential for hardcore players.

It looks none too impressive to me.

Did anyone check out the enemies?

Now is anybody getting sick of fighting hordes of horribly designed clones in games?

This does look like every other basic action/button mashing game with 2 selling points, it uses the Wii mote to attack(Ooo, delolly!!) and it's Soul Calibur.

Hope I'm wrong about this.

Blender stop shouting so much shit all the time - are youtrying to annoy people? People here clearly lve the Wii, it being a Wii board and all, and the last thing we want to read is benal comments like the ones you give. Don't like the Wii, fine, but why do you come here and slate it al the time.

Quoted for Idiocy.

Lol, that's what I was thinking!!!

Well, apart from one website I've been too (I don't really remember which one) this has proved to be quite solid by previewers and the like. It's not like I'm not going to buy it, but I'd love to see this get a decent or great score across the board because despite what gamesites say, a lot of people have bashed this from what I've seen, but we'll see.

People whine about ports - this isn't a port.

People whine about poor graphics - this looks great.

People whine about a lack of new Wii IPs - this is a new game just for Wii.

People whine about party games for casual players - This a proper* game

So it looks good, it's a new game, it's an exclusive and it's a game that could be said to be pitched at hardcore gamers. Why the whinning?

* when I say proper, I mean it's a traditional game based around completing a quest with a story line, not just a collection of mini games.

New images:

4mmvgux.jpg

6g33wcp.jpg

4pnnead.jpg

535t65z.jpg

4u3o4cp.jpg

4qs2hi1.jpg

52woh04.jpg

4uxky2h.jpg

6hf9hnc.jpg

Had the obligation of looking so much better, it's really looking like a lazy asset copy paste, and that's just sad.

Had the obligation of looking so much better, it's really looking like a lazy asset copy paste, and that's just sad.
Yeah agreed!

I was gonna post these but then just thought i can't be bothered, it's looking abit rubbish really!

I really dont get it i think it looks good:(

I said the same about nights. Perhaps I'm blind. Anyway this game could set the standard for beat em ups(like the final fight,streets of rage kind)

Its not going to be terrible.....I hope.

Yeah agreed!

I was gonna post these but then just thought i can't be bothered, it's looking abit rubbish really!

HD shots as they were wouldn't make it justice, but really, the textures and their tilings are pretty bad at times, there is cardboard stuff lying arround... the enemies lack detail and even have clipping issues on their hands, also they're always the same enemy at once, there's no bump maps, no detailed shadows, nothing, looks bland and empty... even for 60 frames per second they aren't pushing any boundaries here, not even gamecube boundaries.
I really dont get it i think it looks good:(

I said the same about nights. Perhaps I'm blind. Anyway this game could set the standard for beat em ups(like the final fight,streets of rage kind)

Its not going to be terrible.....I hope.

Well... PS2 was the weakest console last gen and yet it pulled SC3, basically this is the same as saying that, it's one of the best PS2 titles when it comes to graphics and they copy pasted those detailed models from a 1 on 1 fighter and added more enemies on screen at once (low poly ones at that, when it was one on one they weren't) and a sorry excuse for scenarios.

For the game it is, from the company and team it is... it's simply half assed... it reveals lack of ambition, because it could and should be so much better on the hardware it's on. They're only making stuff they could pull at PS2, of course not at 60 frames but still.

People whine about a lack of new Wii IPs - this is a new game just for Wii.

It is a new game just for the Wii, but it isn't a new IP.

I don't have a problem with that though. As long as it's a good game I'll be happy. :)

How can you moan about it looking a bit crap I must be blind too!

:shakehead

940047_20070816_screen004.jpg

940047_20070816_screen006.jpg

EDIT: Sorry Guys apparently these are from Soul Cailbur IV :bowdown:"

Cooky, arent those pics from Soul Calibur IV? Dantes just posted them in the Soul Calibur IV topic in the Other Boards.

How can you moan about it looking a bit crap I must be blind too!

:shakehead

940047_20070816_screen004.jpg

940047_20070816_screen006.jpg

They are Soul Calibur VI screenshots.

Cooky, arent those pics from Soul Calibur IV? Dantes just posted them in the Soul Calibur IV topic in the Other Boards.

What he said

Are you sure thats from the same game because the character models from the in game footage look so much worse than that.

You better not be slipping us SC IV screens on us cooky or you'll be breakin my bleedin' little heart.

Edit* This fanboys lil heart is broken

Are you sure thats from the same game because the character models from the in game footage look so much worse than that.

You better not be slipping us SC IV screens on us cooky or you'll be breakin my bleedin' little heart.

.........oh dear

well i'm not telling him

Sorry Guys - they were in GoNintendo's site so I assumed they were legit - *laces up steel toecapped boots to give Rawmeat Cowboy a good kicking!*

:bowdown:

Sorry Guys - they were in GoNintendo's site so I assumed they were legit - *laces up steel toecapped boots to give Rawmeat Cowboy a good kicking!*

:bowdown:

lol gonintendo

Yeah, saw those screens on Neogaf when I followed Gonintendo's link. My first impression?

"Now, THAT's more like it!" and "Hm, is this in-game, cos it looks really good for Wii". Only then to realize I was looking at SC4 screens. Then gazing upon the SCL screens... i wasnt wowed.

Im sure the game looks good when i fire it up on my Wii. But comparing them is just plain silly. And yeah, somehow i can seem to be wowed. I've yet to be wowed by any Wii game btw. The only game that wowed me was RE4. But only because impressed how much effort Capcom has taken to reach the bottom of the Cube and how far ahead of its time it was.