NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Soul Calibur Legends

and of course i'm willing to bet the thirs one didn't sell as well as SC2 on gamecube?
The third one wasn't even released on the GC for some reason, although that was the most sold and popular version.

Welcome back to the stage of history!

Soul Calibur rocks. And it would work well for the wii. Horizontal and Vertical slashes controlled by Wiimote motions, kicks with nunchuck, grabs with both at the same time.

Welcome back to the stage of history!

Soul Calibur rocks. And it would work well for the wii. Horizontal and Vertical slashes controlled by Wiimote motions, kicks with nunchuck, grabs with both at the same time.

Mmmmm.:D

Get Link back in, and shove Snake in to, for a laugh. He can be the unarmed one. Maybe Raiden with the Ninja sword? The game would sell on that alone, there must be thousands wanting to kick the crap outa him.

I reeled out SC 2 today and god what a game, think I'm going to have to get completing the Adventure mode which I never quite managed...

I reeled out SC 2 today and god what a game, think I'm going to have to get completing the Adventure mode which I never quite managed...

Bad luck. Piss easy for me.:D

Bad luck. Piss easy for me.:D

There was one level where it forced you to play as a lizard in a cage and I just couldn't do it. done it now though :laughing: it is such an awesome game, I don't typically like beat em ups but love this...

Japanese magazine infomation:

Soul Calibur: Legends

Wii / Bandai Namco / Action Adventure

Meet the SC characters and fight with the Wiimote

Hmm, something a little different. :o

Is it exclusive or another of those PS2/PSP crossovers?

190670804420070509093511.jpg

Logo. That little article only mentioned Wii (thats what i get anyway.. :heh: )

190670804420070509093511.jpg

Logo. That little article only mentioned Wii (thats what i get anyway.. :heh: )

Theres still hope then.:yay:

"Meet"- ok could be dodgy translation, but makes it sound like a party game or social Sims/Animal Crossing type mechanic! Just is odd wording..

"Meet"- ok could be dodgy translation, but makes it sound like a party game or social Sims/Animal Crossing type mechanic! Just is odd wording..

Here's my take on what I'd like, or even a theory on it...

You choose a character out of a select few of the main characters. The story is based on your quest for Soul Edge... ie: you may be after the blade to destroy it (Kilik, Maxi and Xiangua) or you may be after the blade to gain it's power!

Based on your reasoning for obtaining the weapon, you will meet certain characters from the SC universe who may join you on your quest. During the journey you will battle those characters that oppose you, some in team based battles etc.

...I would go into more detail, but I'm in work and my boss is looking at me very strangely... I think I best log off! Ha ha!

:yay: ..class! I have never been into fighting games but Soul Calibur II has been the exception for me on the GC, it really was very, very good.

A Soul Calibur adventure could turn out very good so I'll be keeping an eye on this one :hehe:

4 words.

Keep it in context.

Please fucking don't do the Virtua Fighter Quest thing and make it stupidly awful or that Tekken spin off from a while ago.

..what was the thing in Tekken 5..? The wee adventure with Jin (?).. my brother has the game on PS2 and I played it briefly. The little adventure was awful, but then it wasn't the main focus of the game.

I would be happy if whenever you met someone, you were pitched into battle just like a fight from Soul Calibur II (or if you met up with a team of fighters.)

..just recycle the fighting mechanics from Soul Calibur II, throw them into the game and build up a really solid adventure. Would work for me, anyway :heh:

I wouldn't mind something similar to an RPG - you go round an overworld, bump into someone to fight, then go the fighing in an arena based on the area around you.

I wouldn't mind something similar to an RPG - you go round an overworld, bump into someone to fight, then go the fighing in an arena based on the area around you.

Yeh, I agree.. as long as they didn't (for some reason) change it to turn-based fighting..

Pretty cool, I always was interested in more character development. I suppose it's something like tactics where you proceed a certain path and then fight old school style.

Although an online fighting game would be the awesomest, this could turn out great too. Can't wait for some media.

Although an online fighting game would be the awesomest, this could turn out great too. Can't wait for some media.

Yeah that would rock.

I never really found fighting games that good online. You've really got to have your timing just right for combos, and lag always gets in the way.

I think this could go either way, a really naff spin off like VFK or a genuinley entertaining adventure spin off like... uh... There's a first for everything.

I like soul calibur 2 but tehy seem to get worse everytime. In my opinion soul blade on ps1 is still the best. then soul calibur for dremcast and then 2 but i didn't think much of the ps2 one for 3

I don't know whether to be worried or excited, but at least it can be said that things are finally look up for third party games on Wii...hopefully

85942505sy2.jpg

36597889rz3.jpg

Ivy my love!

The announcement suggests Seigfried takes point in the storyline, but Namco Bandai promises players will play their favorites from the series -- and even introduce some new faces, too. We know little of the story, though, other than understanding the characters come together to complete "a quest for ultimate power in order to save an empire from destruction."

"Over the past ten years, since the release of the original Soul Blade, the team behind the Soulcalibur series has pushed the envelope of technology and innovation with each iteration," said Makoto Iwai, exec. VP and COO of Namco Bandai America. "With Soulcalibur Legends, they saw the opportunity to once again create an immersive experience that is unique to the franchise."

The control scheme's being kept under wraps, but is said to incorporate both the Wiimote and nunchuck simultaneously. There should be something more than simply swinging the Wiimote around, just don't expect the same depth as the fighting series. The more fighting experience gathered, however, and players can earn titles (i.e. Knight, Soldier) that unlock additional attacks.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3159324

Soul Calibur for the Wii would be cool, but I still seriously doubt Matt's 'I'm an insider worship me' attitude.

Opinion starting to change at all? :heh:

Let's hope they throw Link back into the game since this is a Wii exclusive, and lets hope even more the fighting formula translates well into an action adventure!