N-Europe

The recommend me some music thread.

Caris

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, I'd say if you want some supreme hiphop then go way back to the likes of De La Soul-3 Feet High and Rising, the Sugarhill Gang or the Furious Five. Alternatively if you fancy giving a bit of heavy based reggae a go then find some Burning Spear or Linton Kwesi Johnson or for a bit of lighter reggae the likes of Desmond Decker or Jimmy Cliff. Other then that Pixies are always a treat to listen to and the Eels are quite magical as well.

Another music thread by yours truley, THE Gannondorf.

Thread is simple, if you want some new music to listen to post some bands that you like, and see if anyone can recommend you some music that they think you will enjoy.

That's the music i have on my Computer.

Anyone know of anything i might like? I really want some new bands to listen to.

I see your Pixies, Patti Smith and Foo Fighters and recommend

In Utero - Nirvana

Harmacy - Sebadoh

Stories From the City, Stories From the Sea - PJ Harvey

Ok, Well in that Case.....

Jay-z (Go for the black album)

Maximo Park and Kings of Leon (Quality new albums)

The Black Album was amazing. Holy crap if he stayed retired after that it would have been a perfect end lol. Dirt off your shoulders and encore were too good lol.

Anyway, can anyone recommend me some good Punk/Rock music? Other than the offspring (god they are MIGHTY).

Thread is simple, if you want some new music to listen to post some bands that you like, and see if anyone can recommend you some music that they think you will enjoy.

few indie artists i feel you should like:

The Mars Volta, The Libertines, Pulp, Kula Shaker. Radiohead, Oasis, Maximo Park, Franz Ferdinand, The Stone Roses, Graham Coxon, The Coral, The Smiths, The Zutons, Wolfmother, The Shins, Yeti, Dirty Pretty Things, Arcade Fire

Anyway, can anyone recommend me some good Punk/Rock music? Other than the offspring (god they are MIGHTY).

Alkaline Trio

Incubus

Nine Black Alps

Jimmy Eat World

Dropkick Murphies

Less Than Jake

AFI

A

Be Your Own Pet

Biffy Clyro

Billy Talent

Aphex Twin did the Ghost In The Shell: SAC opening, right? They're pretty ace like.

Aphex Twin are brilliant, i would watch the whole mvoie just for an Aphex Twin opening.

get the New Maximo park album, then listen to it over and over again until you love it as much as i do.

This man speaks godly words.