Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

flameboy

Is there a horrible bounding box style effect like with FPS games?

Well, 1up are complaining because there is NO bounding box.

The controls are the same as the GC version. Except that instead of slowly aiming with the C-stick, you point anywhere on the screen to aim - even right at the edge. You use the analogue stick to look around while aiming just like Zelda and the other versions of RE4.

Then again, some people find it impossible to pat their head while rubbing their chest.

Eurogamer review is total crap. It has regular control too with both classic and gamecube controllers. If they don't like the pointer use those. What's more, it hardly looks dated.

I replayed the GC version the other month and it looks as good as anything on the 360 does through a regular TV.

Think your being a bit ambitious there my friend. I have the GC version on now and compared to my Ghost Recon 2 running on my 360 on a SDTV there is now way Resi 4 looks as good.

Basically it didn't get more because the graphics are the same and the game is old.
Probably that, and the fact that the Wiimote isn't used as good as it could be - it's a port after all. That's probably what they meant with 'not maximized for the Wii'.

Think your being a bit ambitious there my friend. I have the GC version on now and compared to my Ghost Recon 2 running on my 360 on a SDTV there is now way Resi 4 looks as good.

Well, it looks as good as many games, maybe not as good as that one. But I certainly don;t think it looks dated at all. It's stunning!

Theres a postal strike next friday, so alot of the online buying people may not get this for a couple of days after the release date (Gameplay for example, if you don't get them on the thursday), thought i let you all know, it's no biggie though, unless they strike until somethings resvolved which could be like 2-3 weeks or something...

Nah, the controls are pretty much everything they could do.
I don't think so. A full Wii game wouldn't have you press a button to aim, for one thing. The sniper would be aimable with the Wiimote as well. IGN wouldn't be complaining about dodgy use of the Wiimote in those cutscenes.

Me and my mates are gonna buy this, finish it in a day or so, and then return it. I've spent far too much time on the cube version, and I'm not willing to just start with a clean slate.

As for the controls, they seem fine, it's just a matter of adjusting. There hasn't been a control scheme like this before, so naturally, it'll take some getting used to.

I don't think so. A full Wii game wouldn't have you press a button to aim, for one thing. The sniper would be aimable with the Wiimote as well. IGN wouldn't be complaining about dodgy use of the Wiimote in those cutscenes.

The only thing I complain about is the sniper, using the stick to aim feels pretty good in this game, because it's not an FPS. If it was, it would be a different story.

I think it's well used in the cutscenes, but I didn't play any knife fights so I don't know, but running and stuff seems pretty good.

If it used too much remote it would be gimmicky, if it doesn't it's not enough, there's just no satisfying people. From what I played the only problem is really the sniper, it feels weird to have the remote in your hand and not aiming with it.

Doesn't the game come out in 2 days though?

Not for him.

edit: Mine has been dispatched! Should get it tomorrow. (I got MSCF the day before it was out when It was dispatched on the Wednesday afternoon).