NEurope

One day in the not too distant future I will remember about British Summer Time before I turn up to something one hour early or late.

So, who else completely screwed over this morning?

.. could have almost turned up late to work - practically just up had to have the quickest speediest shower / hair wash ever....

.. cause i know the other ones will be late to work

I forgot it was happening today, for the first time that I can remember. Good job these things happen at the weekend.

I was annoyed actually because I woke up at 11, and my mom came and told me the clocks went forward and I swore, then I thought 'how the fuck do I change my clock?!' cus I got a new one that comes up with the time as soon as you plug it in, and then looked at my laptop and it said the same time and then I asked my mom and she said that it was actually the time I thought it was anyway and if I hadn't have been told at all I could have carried on without the knowledge that my weekend was an hour shorter...

My mom knocked on my door this morning and said "Do you know its twent-five minutes past eight?" and I drearly said "I got it mixed up, thought I had an extra hour." Ten minutes to get ready for work. Score.

Crap i've been screwed up,I just learned that it's actually 17.39 (Time of typing) and I still haven't had dinner and I wasn't sure if it was forward or back an hour.

Today has been dissoriantated :heh:

I found out on the Namco Tales forums at 3 [or should I say 4] this morning. It pleased me much. I'm hoping my housemate will be muchos late.

I always get confused on what we gain or lose.

It was an hour forward werent it? My computer, video and phone all automatically updated but the one thing I look at for the time (my clock) doesnt. That sucks.

I really want today to be over, as I just feel tired, and losing an hour didn't help.

Been traveling, have had very little sleep, and I'm just feeling meh.

Thank you, BST.

You know what BST is short for? It's Bastards. I want my hour back.

Woke up this morning and was gutted to find I had lost an hour. I want it back, but hurray for light nights again. :yay:

Spring forwards, fall back!

Thats how my mother remembers anyway..

I don't even see why we have daylight savings anymore.

I thought this was going to be a thread on some kind of sexually transmitted disease.

I don't even see why we have daylight savings anymore.

I thought this was going to be a thread on some kind of sexually transmitted disease.

You must admit though, when its cold and dark in the winter, its nice to get an extra hour to sleep :)

I wonder what happens in that missing hour. Probably something really good that everyone misses out on.

It's annoying cos it means we're now doing everything an hour earlier, such as having to wake up grr! Is there even any much advantage to DST anymore?

(apparently the idea was thought up by Benjamin Franklin)

It's annoying cos it means we're now doing everything an hour earlier, such as having to wake up grr! Is there even any much advantage to DST anymore?

(apparently the idea was thought up by Benjamin Franklin)

I find this whole time change thing anoying, but there's aparently a reason, at least in my country:

Portugal moved to Central European Time and Central European Summer Time in 1992, but reverted to Western European Time in 1996 after concluding that energy savings were small, it had a disturbing effect on children's sleeping habits as it would not get dark until 22:00 or 22:30 in summer evenings with repercussions on standards of learning and school performance, and insurance companies reported a rise in the number of accidents.

The reason for the UK summer time must be around the same. Since UK and Portugal are the only countries in europe that share this time frame.

I find this whole time change thing anoying, but there's aparently a reason, at least in my country:

The reason for the UK summer time must be around the same. Since UK and Portugal are the only countries in europe that share this time frame.

Don't forget Ireland.... :shakehead

I get used to it after Sunday, its no biggy to me anymore. It used to be when i worked weekends though.

i think they should scrap the whole time change thing and stay with BST all year round. What is wrong with having lighter evenings? hell with global warming it will soon be summer all year round any way.