• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Salt, Sweat, Sugar?! Boo! You're not a real fan! :P

(my JEW song of choice would be "A Praise Chorus" :D

Yeah what is this Salt Sweat Sugar balls? I have no such song. Bleed American 4ever. It was only changed due to fears of offending after 9/11 or something.

The Middle > Praise Chorus > Bleed American

(not to say they aren't all good)

The Middle = over played (ofcourseIwasgoingtosaythat). I think Clarity is really my favourite album. So twinkled with sadness in love. Lucky denver mint, to me this is heaven, just watch the fireworks, on a sunday, 23.12.95 (or whatever that one is), and, of course, Sky Harbour.

I CAN'T BELIEVE I LOST MY IPOD ARGGGGGGGGGGGGG

The Middle = over played (ofcourseIwasgoingtosaythat). I think Clarity is really my favourite album. So twinkled with sadness in love. Lucky denver mint, to me this is heaven, just watch the fireworks, on a sunday, 23.12.95 (or whatever that one is), and, of course, Sky Harbour.

I CAN'T BELIEVE I LOST MY IPOD ARGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Hard to disagree. I think Bleed American (the album this time) edges it over Clarity, though. But my favourite is Futures, for Just Tonight, Kill, Nothing Wrong and Jen.

Saw Kings of Leon on Tuesday at the o2. They were Immense.

Seen them a few times before and it's always a good gig and this was no exception. Perfect setlist for me.

Thing that annoyed me a little was all the sex on fire glory hunters. Ok yes it's a good song but jesus the cheer it got when they started playing it and then after a standing ovation for like 2 minutes....seriously.

There are much better songs that I was so happy they played like Molly Chambers, Milk and The Bucket. Half of these sex on fire glory hunters did not have a clue what these songs were. It made me feel a little sad inside as for me when someone says Kings of Leon they are the songs I think of...

Ho hum apart from that little niggle it was an amazing gig, it really was.

Oh oh another funny thing was Glasvegas supported who I absolutely love! seen them 4 times now but a lot of the crowd so did not get them. Was funny looking at some peoples reactions to some of their songs :)

Hard to disagree. I think Bleed American (the album this time) edges it over Clarity, though. But my favourite is Futures, for Just Tonight, Kill, Nothing Wrong and Jen.

Bleed American was my first album, then I worked backwards. it really is a close call between Bleed American and Clarity, it's just Goodbye Sky Harbour... I used to get stoned and lie in the park listening to that :P knew it well.

Futures brings up all sorts of walking-to-college memories, which probably taints it a fair old bit!

I think of Sex on Fire as the worst song on Only By The Night.
I think that's an overstatement, I mean I think it's second or third best song on the album. For me that album needed a greater change in pace and I wanted to get into it but I felt there was no meat to it.

If you hadn't heard Sex on Fire before because it wasn't abused on the radio everyday and it wasn't lapped up by all of the people that have apparently sinned because they made it become popular then I think you would've agreed it was one of the strongest tracks. On many occasions songs become popular because they are good. OK if you didn't like the style of song then fair enough.

There are much better songs that I was so happy they played like Molly Chambers, Milk and The Bucket. Half of these sex on fire glory hunters did not have a clue what these songs were. It made me feel a little sad inside as for me when someone says Kings of Leon they are the songs I think of...

Ho hum apart from that little niggle it was an amazing gig, it really was.

Oh oh another funny thing was Glasvegas supported who I absolutely love! seen them 4 times now but a lot of the crowd so did not get them. Was funny looking at some peoples reactions to some of their songs :)

That does annoy me with gigs, when you go and most of the crowd clearly only know one song. Its like, what the hells the point? Gigs are so much more enjoyable when you know the songs. & Mollys Chamber, I love. Their old stuff like that doesn't seem particularly stadiumy though.

And christ Im jealous of Glasvegas. I NEED to see them live. Playing at Reading but they clash with The Prodigy.

In other news, Burial and Four Tet's collaboration is a bit brilliant

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Oh yeah and the ultimate sing along song is clearly Journey - Don't stop believing :D

I thought that album kinda sucked. It's just..balls compared to their early material.

I like all of the KoL albums for different reasons, but one thing I've noticed is that with each album they seem to have become more coherant and part of me prefers some of the earlier songs where you can only sort of make out what they are singing, because it's all sung in such a way that makes it awesome. :D

Echoing what Jayseven said about Clairty. So so so good. Used to think Bleed American was the best then preferred Futures but now its got to be Clarity. Have you got Clarity Live? I didnt think it could get any better than the studio version but it really is. They bring that little bit more magic to it that you dont expect from live versions. Plus its got No Sensitivity on it :D

^ You got any of their albums? The Dream is easy enough to get but getting hold of Beautiful Tragedy in stores was a nightmare for me. Luckily, I found it in Zavvi after they got in a whole load of clearance stuff for £5. :D Nearly crapped myself when I found it. If it's the screaming stuff you like, then Beautiful Tragedy is the better album because it has more of it. The Dream is a little more mainstream.

Getting away from the arguing and back to the music, this is what I've been listening to:

Know there won't be much love for it but I love it. The whole album, Beautiful Tragedy, is just great.

Oh my.

Tbh, I'm not a fan. It sounds like a mixh-mash of anything I've ever heard in power metal (or whatever) and put into a machine that spits out a "metal/power rock/whatever this genre is" song except with a woman singing.

It just doesn't seem veyr original. More just an everxie of athleticism (speedy guitar playing,screaming etc).

But then that's a problem I have with a lot of "heavy rock/metal" whatevs. Or at least the stuff I'm recommended.

Echoing what Jayseven said about Clairty. So so so good. Used to think Bleed American was the best then preferred Futures but now its got to be Clarity. Have you got Clarity Live? I didnt think it could get any better than the studio version but it really is. They bring that little bit more magic to it that you dont expect from live versions. Plus its got No Sensitivity on it :D

*high fives* Yeah I had a copy of it on my laptop once, and very much liked it. They played all the songs I mentioned live (Goodbye Sky Harbour was just a segue from one song to another though.

I find it very hard to pick between the different JEW albums. If anything, I really like the newest one (Chase This Light) but If I'd have to pick one i'd probably go with Futures. Polaris and 23 are just epic, epic songs.