• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Top Posters In This Topic

Precisely.

The Bachelor in particular, is so completely immense.

Surprisinlgly so actually. I thought it would be more like Magic Position, but it kept the best epic moments from that and formed an amazing album that recals the darker bits of his past albums.

Kriegspiel/Hard Times, the title track, Who Will and Sun Is Often Out = :bowdown:

And Vulture is great too.

I never realised how awesome Eliza Carthy was until I heard the title track...my family friend's band supported her a while back.

I challenge anyone to not find this song energetically inspiringly awesome;

Edited by Paj!

It must be Infinity by Guru Josh Project. LOL.

haha, I recognise it, but nooo.

The boom bit is in a really dirty bass, with descending notes before it.

You've pretty much just described every song that is played in clubs.

Really not?

I was a bit bored and threw in one of the NIN Closure tapes lying about. Their early concerts are pretty damn insane compared to now. Especially when he starts breaking stuff, possibly while other band members are still trying to play on whatever he's breaking.

Also been listening to metric a bit lately.

Edited by Nolan

If there are any fans of The Sounds, you can get a free download of their first single from their new album, Crossing The Rubicon, over at their website, the-sounds.com

Can't stand them in the slightest. Painted by Numbers just made me want to turn off my ears.

^ Searching for similar artists to Alexisonfire, I come up with the likes of those found at the link below. Perhaps some of those are to your liking.

http://www.mp3.com/artist/alexisonfire/similar/?tag=tabs;similar&om_act=convert&om_clk=arttabs

I've been putting the Mother Earth album by Within Temptation through its paces today and came across this amazingly beautiful song by them:

Just amazing really. Can't stop listening to it.

I always found Within Temptation to be a bit too...like a soundtrack to an rpg or something. Nothing wrong with it, but never compelled me in any way. I prefer Evanescence for the "operatic female oice over sweeping rock/piano backing" effect, personally. Maybe they're different animals. Again, a whole album of Evanescence is a daunting prospect, I prefer the odd song.

Just saw the video for Paparazzi (Lady GaGa) and I have to say one thing:

WTF

Link. Totally insane in the membrane. Though, I do love the "Hi. I just killed my boyfriend" line (and when she bottles him) at the end followed by the black and white police photograph bit. Plus, disabled dancing? Yes!

Damn. I love it.

Edited by Slaggis

That video is awesome, if a bit pretentious. I wish the song were as a good as the video promises.

I love the song, but I wish they would go ahead and release Lovegame in the UK. It's becoming another huge hit for her in America, and obviously would be here. Though, I don't think I could stand them butchering it, like the uk radio butchered If U Seek Amy.

I her live performances so much. LoveGame - Dancing With The Stars.

As Razz put it, she looks like a giant cat penis. But still, I love the dancing so much.

Really yes. All you've described is a drop- the lynch pin of every dance and club track pretty much ever recorded.

No it doesn't, i mean the boom bit is literally just the same 4 notes in a really dirty bass. You'd know what I meant when you heard the song.

EDIT: Foound it.

Kid Cudi Vs Crookers - Day 'N Nite

Ganepark/Gizmo; amexisonfire are, to me, eternally entwined with Eighteen Visions. Silverstein was the fore-runner to Senses Fail and Underoath for me, but I guess you both know them already.

Two Stars Burning Sun is something you really want to listen to if you need to be cool. Good luck finding their stuff, though.

Flight of the Jesus Dog, as I said before, is awesome; maybe a bit too heavy and again, obscure. Element Eighty of Need For Speed soundtrack fame are a bit of fun. The track Pancake Land always gets me :P

I feel strange. Despite Muse being my favourite band ever (which I would have assumed any really big Muse fans would have guessed by my name) for some reason at the minute I am more excited for the new Johnny Foreigner album.

Hopefully it'll have as good a starting track as this

Johnny Foreigner - Lea Room

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

although I doubt it'll have an opening song as good as this

Muse - New Born

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Also whilst they may not be as angry as Alexisonfire perhaps you might like Thursday Ganepark:

At This Velocity

Division Street

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Resuscitation of a Dead Man

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Actually everyone listen to Thursday because they're basically the best post-hardcore band ever

Edited by GothicPlague

Muse being my favourite band ever (which I would have assumed any really big Muse fans would have guessed by my name)

I doubt it'll have an opening song as good as this

Muse - New Born

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Gothic Plague = Muse but before they were well... Muse lol well actually before becoming Muse they were the Rocket Baby Dolls and Gothic Plague before that, but then half the band left etc...

Anyway in summary the band went from Gothic Plague - Rocket Baby Dolls - Muse, if you ignore the other lesser name changes inbetween. :heh: [/Geeky History Lesson]

And yeah I agree, New Born is a fantastic opening track, one of the best. :)

Hated this at first, but now I completely love it. Apparently it's in with a shot of knocking "Bonkers" off the top spot this week. Love the disco vibe to it.

--

I heard Mama Do (Pixie Lott) on the radio yesterday, and really liked it. Quite like her voice. Like a less offensive version of Wino.

Edited by Slaggis

Gothic Plague = Muse but before they were well... Muse lol well actually before becoming Muse they were the Rocket Baby Dolls and Gothic Plague before that, but then half the band left etc...

Anyway in summary the band went from Gothic Plague - Rocket Baby Dolls - Muse, if you ignore the other lesser name changes inbetween. :heh: [/Geeky History Lesson]

And yeah I agree, New Born is a fantastic opening track, one of the best. :)

Yep have several bonus points. Bonus points in what I don't know.

I wonder what people think about me when they see gothicplague posting and they don't know it's muse related.

Yep have several bonus points. Bonus points in what I don't know.

I wonder what people think about me when they see gothicplague posting and they don't know it's muse related.

Woo! yay for points :) also, if people didn't know before then at least they will now. ^^