• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally got Neko Case off Chair. I like it. *shrugs*

It's good, and will probably grow on me, but on a forum about a certain artist I won't name, they were all creaming over her. Hmm.

Neko-Case-Middle-Cyclone.jpg

The album cover/booklet is more fun than the music, but I suppose I'll have to diffrentiate the two.

I just love the lyric "I can't seem to scrape enough to take the bus to the edge of the fact that I need love." Like too many levels of awesomeness in one sentence.

-----

I'm listening to Actor by St-Vincent.

st-vincent-actor-cover1.jpg

Its instantly likeable. I dunno if its better than her debut though.

I just love the lyric "I can't seem to scrape enough to take the bus to the edge of the fact that I need love." Like too many levels of awesomeness in one sentence.

It rivals, "Those pretty girls, those demi-gods, WITH THEIR NINE-INCH NAILS AND LITTLE FASCIST PANTIES TUCKED INSIDE THE HEART OF EVERY NICE GURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRL".

I finally received Gotye - Like Drawing Blood today. And I freaking love it already, after listening to it once. It has such a great mix of different songs, going from kinda sad/gloomy songs to really happy catchy ones.

Definitely worth checking out I think. =)

Edit: will post some songs here!

Thanks For Your Time

Learnalilgivinanlovin

Hearts A Mess

Coming Back

Edited by Eenuh

New mwY album has leaked. Downloading as we speak, impressions later!

First impression: Very good. Very mwY. Slightly different to their previous albums, but just similar enough as to keep the magic.

that's about as experimental / math rock as a fart in a bag.

it's...not offensive, though. S'alright.

Meh I'm usless with genres so just went with what wiki said.

I don't think I've ever heard of them, but that song sounds familiar. Has it been used for anything? Film, game etc?

Don't think so

Oxigen Waste, obvs English isn't your mother tongue (or is it?). Do you understand any of the songs of Ys by Joanna Newsom?

I thought I had a pretty good grasp on English - I normally understand poems and metaphor and stuff, but I have no fucking clue what any of the songs on Ys are about (apart from Monkey & Bear, but that's a very literal song which obviously has deeper meaning(s)).

Only Skin is literally 16 minutes of non-stop singing, and I just get so lost so quickly.

Listening to Heart of Everything by Within Temptation. Had heard virtually all of the songs on the album prior to today but I hadn't bought the album purely because I either never had the money or couldn't find it. But now I have it and it's sooooooooo good :love: It'll be quite awhile before they release their next album but I'm already looking forward to what they're saying may be a more conceptual sound.

Also haven't been able to stop listening to 4 Songs & A Flight by the Sounds. June 2nd can't come quick enough. Really looking forward to hearing the whole album. From what I've heard so far, which is 3 songs, it sounds great.

Big C; your point about self-referential songs -- certainly, as Paj says, it don't suit all songs. In Brand New - Okay I Believe You But My Tommy Gun Don't there are some great lines;

I hope this song starts a craze.

The kind of song that ignites the airwaves

The kind of song that makes people glad to be where they are

with whoever they're there with

This is war

Every line is about who I don't wanna write about anymore.

And these are the words you wish you wrote down

This is the way you wish your voice sounds Handsome and smart

The whole song is a non-stop self-appreciating attack on a heart-breaker who should've picked a less poetic boy to bust-up. It's an "I'm Over You" song that gets the listener grabbing a torch to join the march on broken love.

And I love it. Any Brand New fan will tell you that this song is inspired :)

New mwY album has leaked. Downloading as we speak, impressions later!

First impression: Very good. Very mwY. Slightly different to their previous albums, but just similar enough as to keep the magic.

HOOK ME THE FUCK UP

21st Century Breakdown is quite lame.

The song or the album? I heard the single was pretty average but that the album is apparently pretty decent.

Also Cube, you have listened to the new Maximo Park album quite a bit yes? Is it a decent album in your opinion? I should be receiving it soon and can't wait to give it a listen. :)

The song or the album? I heard the single was pretty average but that the album is apparently pretty decent.

Also Cube, you have listened to the new Maximo Park album quite a bit yes? Is it a decent album in your opinion? I should be receiving it soon and can't wait to give it a listen. :)

The first 5 or so tracks. Although I should probably give it a proper listen.

Anyway, I absolutely love Quicken the Heart (the special edition is in the post for me). A few of the songs are growers, but once you get used to the lyrics then they're awesome.

Anyway, I absolutely love Quicken the Heart (the special edition is in the post for me). A few of the songs are growers, but once you get used to the lyrics then they're awesome.

Good to hear, I really loved their first two albums the first moreso because it has more of a sustained energy all the way through but both albums have excellent tracks. :)

Whatever happened to Music Warz? C'mon, let's see it finish. Nearly there.

I let it slip. I didn't have the willpower. Plus I never liked that unless a song in each match was a famously loved one, hardly anyone voted.

I might pick it up soon.

Cobra Starship Feat. Leighton Meester - Good Girls Go Bad

First single from their upcoming third album.

I love the Hollaback Girl sounding bit near the end. I cannot wait for an album from Leighton, I really like her voice. Though, my fetish for her character on Gossip Girl probably has something to do with it.

Hatred already comes over me before I pressed play, the phrase, "Good Girls Gone Bad" and it's variations just grates on me, it's a cliche. It's not even used in a new way.

I don't mind Cobra Starship, but I don't like them.

The song is overly derivative, I think.

---

Eenuh; I liked what I heard from Gotye last year, pretty nice.

---

Was mysteriously handed a copy of Lali Puna (who I'd heard of)'s album, Faking The Books. Pretty nice actually. Smooth kinda....electronic beats pop stuff calming yeah.

So as some of you know I'm a musician myself; well I'm half-way through what is to become my fourth demo and would like some feedback.

The demo is entitled Acid & Melodicas. I've uploaded all the tracks to yousendit. I would really appreciat it if anyone/everyone downloaded the songs and had a quick listen. As most albums, the tracks are best when in context so I'd advise downloading all eight and listening in one go.

All the songs have been written and recorded by me on an 8-track at home. (Don't let that put you off) :P

1. Circumvent

http://www.yousendit.com/download/dVlvc2ZFdkdEa1hIRGc9PQ

2. Four Hundred Days

Probably the one for Haggis

http://www.yousendit.com/download/dVlvc2ZGUnI5NVYzZUE9PQ

3. Tricks

PJ Harvey fans, should look out for the PJ Harvey inspired vocals at the end

http://www.yousendit.com/download/dVlvc2ZGUnI1bmgzZUE9PQ

4. Missed

http://www.yousendit.com/download/dVlvc2ZHcWY5eFZMWEE9PQ

5. I'll Cure You

http://www.yousendit.com/download/dVlvc2ZHcWZVVGtLSkE9PQ

6. Favours

http://www.yousendit.com/download/dVlvc2ZBQ3RCSWVGa1E9PQ

7. Falling

http://www.yousendit.com/download/dVlvc2ZBQ3R6NElLSkE9PQ

8. "Slow Build Up"

Unfinished, missing main vocals, but a good insight into where the demo's going.

http://www.yousendit.com/download/dVlvc2ZDSWV0QTFMWEE9PQ

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!