• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Can people point me in the direction of a good album I should get? Could be anything really, though something with guitars preferably.. and some energy :heh: I fancy listening to something different as I'm kinda getting bored with everything I have at the minute!

I had never heard of Biffy Clyro until recently with 'Living is a Problem' and have been thinking about getting the album Puzzle to try that on for size, but perhaps I wouldn't like any of the rest of the songs. I just don't know.

Would anyone like to help me out? My musical needs are currently in crisis! :heh:

Can people point me in the direction of a good album I should get? Could be anything really, though something with guitars preferably.. and some energy :heh: I fancy listening to something different as I'm kinda getting bored with everything I have at the minute!

I had never heard of Biffy Clyro until recently with 'Living is a Problem' and have been thinking about getting the album Puzzle to try that on for size, but perhaps I wouldn't like any of the rest of the songs. I just don't know.

Would anyone like to help me out? My musical needs are currently in crisis! :heh:

for Biffy I'd say you're better off starting with Blackened Sky, as for the rest of Puzzle, it's pretty good imo :)

HELLOGOODBYE

u know u want to

HELLOGOODBYE

I only want good suggestions after this.. so maybe this thread isn't for you :indeed:

Thanks for the advice on the 'Clyro, gmac. I'd kinda like to hear a couple of songs from an album before buying it to be sure though. Maybe I'll be able to hear some songs somewhere :heh:

I only want good suggestions after this.. so maybe this thread isn't for you :indeed:

Thanks for the advice on the 'Clyro, gmac. I'd kinda like to hear a couple of songs from an album before buying it to be sure though. Maybe I'll be able to hear some songs somewhere :heh:

why don't you tell us what you have already....

i would advise you to listen to placebo, muse (duh), killers, afi and biffy is always good

Clyro songs to look out for

from Blackened Sky

Joy.Discovery.Invention

Convex, Concave

Scary Mary

from Vertigo of Bliss

Bodies in Flight

Liberate the Illiterate

Questions and Answers

from Infinity Land

Glitter & Trauma

Wave Upon Wave Upon Wave

Pause It and Turn It Up

from Puzzle

Saturday Superhouse

Semi Mental

Get Fucked Stud

Who's Got a Match

just to start with ;)

Last albums I bought were Maximo Park (A certain Trigger) which is decent enough, but probably played it to death now, and The Klaxons (Myths of the Near Future). For me, songs start to become a bit annoying/boring after a few listens, even ones I really like. hence my need for something new!

I have stuff like Feeder, lots of Muse stuff and Lost Prophets from my girlfriend, Foo Fighters, Kasabian, Red Hot Chili Peppers.. some Strokes..

So your complaining that the singer sounds emotional in songs basically.
There's a difference between 'singing emotional' and 'crying your panties off'. Lots of singers can sing emotionally without resorting to holding notes for seconds and seconds. I know Bellamy/Muse are not emo (despite having their roots in the goth scene) but Bellamy's singing style sucks in my opinion.

Last albums I bought were Maximo Park (A certain Trigger) which is decent enough, but probably played it to death now, and The Klaxons (Myths of the Near Future). For me, songs start to become a bit annoying/boring after a few listens, even ones I really like. hence my need for something new!

I have stuff like Feeder, lots of Muse stuff and Lost Prophets from my girlfriend, Foo Fighters, Kasabian, Red Hot Chili Peppers.. some Strokes..

The Libertines?

Also Alexisonfire are great might not be to your liking though.

seriosuly give some placebo a try!

meds and infra red would be a good start.

Perhaps I will :heh: ..I really want to try something different as I'm almost totally bored with the sort of genre of music I have been listening too..

Thanks for the suggestions though, keep them coming :heh: ..also would be cool to have links to some songs that everyone has been suggesting so I can get a bit of a taste for whatever it is.. or am I getting to greedy ::shrug:

The Klaxons

Get it right :p

Fantastic album. I did tire of it a bit after listening to it about 50 times at work, but its a great 'get pumped' album when I need a pickmeup.

I've noticed a weird trend at work, we are only playing albums by artists beginning with 'B'; Beatles, the, Bloc Party, Boy Kill Boy, Barkley, Gnarles (the last one is a bit of a cheat I'll admit)

I am currently re-loving The Format. Made of awesomeness.

Their video for

is perfectly fun.

I was so peeved when I found out they are playing in Boston three days before I get there, may fly to t'other side of the USA just to go see them later on in their tour.