• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Top Posters In This Topic

true

although the song didn't change my life, in fact how can a song change anyones life?

good tune though

When I first listened to Homogenic by Bjork, I realised all other music I had bought previously was shit in comparison.

That was when I shelled off my naivety and got a real life music-wise.

Songs change people's lives all the time.

Legend has it that Eric Clapton almost put down his guitar for life the first time he saw Hendrix play.

Anyway, yeah. New favourite lyric from kanye West's 'Welcome To Heartbreak'

My friend showed me pictures of his kids, but I could only show him pictures of my cribs

Genius

The Killers new album Day and Age...

Better than Hot Fuss... worse than Sam's Town... I reckon I like half of the album on initial listen, Hot Fuss I used to like more of it but when it comes down to it I only like half of that one too >> but Sam's Town I pretty much loved all of it and still do.

Anyways in summary, their new album is good but if your gonna purchase it, I wouldn't expect it to be as good as Sam's Town, I didn't and I wasn't dissapointed. :)

Oh and even though it's not counted as a proper album, more a collection of B sides and remixes, I still love Sawdust. ^^

**ninja-Edit**

I love the boxart though...

killersday_and_agecover.jpg

I personally still think Sams Town had nothing on Hot Fuss so if you're saying this isnt better than Hot Fuss then not sure i'll bother picking it up.

I loved the Killers during Hot Fuss, seeing them live was immense at leeds festival after that album came out then after sams town they went all american show type crap and I just totally went off them.

Glamourous Indie Rock n Roll indeed.

I've just rediscovered Blondie, via their Greatest Hits. I found it lying around the house, and decided to give it a listen remembering how I used to love them when I was younger. Plus the fact Diana Vicker's version of Call Me made me fall in love with the song all over again. I swear her version is up to that of the original. Her voice on the chorus, makes it that much more fantastic.

Anyway, I'm digressing. Blondie are win.

I swear her version is up to that of the original.

Calm down.

Blondie are win, though. Loads of great tracks...my favourite at the moment is Rapture, famous for featuring the first instance of rap in mainstream pop music, or something.

Realistically you can't compare Diana to Blondie.

Diana will never be as good, from a general point of view, because she had to use X-Factor to get famous.

Oh yeah, I'm not for a second saying she is better. I'm just saying on that one song, on the chorus, it suits her beyond perfectly. My ears have never had so many orgasms within the space of one song.

My ears have never had so many orgasms within the space of one song.

I've just realised the major difference between the two sides of the forum, music-taste wise; y'see, to me any fluid coming out of my ears when listening to music is usually a sign that it's bad.

Wish I had something meaningful to say here.

Oh yeah, I'm not for a second saying she is better. I'm just saying on that one song, on the chorus, it suits her beyond perfectly. My ears have never had so many orgasms within the space of one song.

Dear lord someone please stop that cat from being strangled.

Still, it's a cat I wouldn't mind ransacking. :yay:

Dear lord someone please stop that cat from being strangled.

To be fair to her, she is actually a really good singer. Technically much better than most people in the rock/pop business.

I hate when people say "she sounds like a strangled cat!!", when realistically, I'd prefer to listen to an interesting voice.

To be fair to her, she is actually a really good singer. Technically much better than most people in the rock/pop business.

I hate when people say "she sounds like a strangled cat!!", when realistically, I'd prefer to listen to an interesting voice.

Exactly, when she sings a song, she makes it sound totally different to how it originally sounded, and actually makes for an interesting listen rather than the usual "Lets belt out a song as much as we can" kind of voice. There were better examples I could of used, but I just love her voice on that paticular track. For the people that disliked it, look for her on youtube singing "Hallelujah" or "Man in the Mirror", then get back to me.

--

I hate to say it. I mean, really hate myself for saying it, but Take That's "Patience" is actually a good song, unlike most of the other shite they throw at the public.

--

I'm in love with this song.

Anna Nalick - Breath (2AM)

That Anna Nalick song is quite good. I feel she could have done something more with the chorus, but then like Ronseal it does what it says on the tin and provides a space in the song where the title takes the fore-front and not only gives her a chance to 'breath' but also the listener. She's very good looking as well. Very easy on the eye.

I personally still think Sams Town had nothing on Hot Fuss so if you're saying this isnt better than Hot Fuss then not sure i'll bother picking it up.

I loved the Killers during Hot Fuss, seeing them live was immense at leeds festival after that album came out then after sams town they went all american show type crap and I just totally went off them.

Glamourous Indie Rock n Roll indeed.

It's just down to personal taste, I'm liking the album a lot more now, it's just that yes Hot Fuss was awesome when it came out but now relistening to it, I only truly love half the tracks, the style of Sam's Town just worked a lot better I thought...

Anyway if you loved Hot Fuss and still love all of it, then chances are you will really like Day and Age so don't be put off. :smile: