N-Europe

I went to the last ever Ash gig in London....well apparently it was as they said they are just gonna release online songs from now on. BUT they have had a change of heart and carrying on giging!! woop.

Still not the same without charlotte tho :(

Girl from mars FTW.

well they did say they wouldn't do any more "proper" albums (CD, Vinyl formats etc) but I don't think they ever mentioned stopping touring

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

well they did say they wouldn't do any more "proper" albums (CD, Vinyl formats etc) but I don't think they ever mentioned stopping touring

Well at the gig he said "this is our last ever london show". But meh.

^ Watching Glastonbury on TV makes me realise why people call it the idiot box.

In other news, Sigur Ros are pretty cool.

glastonbury has never floated my boat, and i dont see why it has such a huge place in the nations consciousness. You could easily reach the age of 15 thinking it was the only festival in the UK. That said I'm sure I'd have a great time if i went!

Sigur Ros are wonderfull, not got the new album yet, i should be picking it up soon. I'm going to try and tickets for them in the autumn i think, as when I saw them last it was one of the best gigs I've ever been to.

I'm loving Cult of Luna at the moment. I forgot about them for a while, but I'm listening to them a heap. I really hope they get added to the ATP Nightmare before Christmas bill.

Shit man Radiohead were awesome. Every single song is so much better live. Set list was awesome too, and the atmosphere was great. Managed to get near the front, and in some pits :smile:

Who says you can't mosh to radiohead?

Went to see Bon Jovi at Twickenham stadium last night, was a good gig. Think I prefer smaller venues though.

Plus we had to leave through the encore to make sure we got back into central london to use the tube before midnight. That's never good.

On the whole though the music was awesome.

Shit man Radiohead were awesome. Every single song is so much better live. Set list was awesome too, and the atmosphere was great. Managed to get near the front, and in some pits :smile:

Um...everyone?

What could you mosh to...Just? Creep? Fake plastic trees maybe hmm

You moshed to Radiohead?

Jesus...

Oh well at least the atmosphere was good for you. :heart:

Um...everyone?

Lol. Agreed. Just..how?

People seem to mosh to anything these days...I mean, you see a concert going on and you're sure to find a little group of people "moshing".

Um...everyone?

Moshing has lost it's spirit. The sheer aggression of it has vanished. Hell, if people are moshing to Radiohead, something's wrong.

Creep is the worst song ever. Out of all the songs I've heard, Creep is definitely the worst. I loathe Pablo Honey so much. I hate it with a passion. And then I absolutely love all of their other CDs.

Highlights of last night; singing acapella to Karma Police to get them back on for the second encore, moshing to "Everything in its Right Place", the cheer that came up when they positioned the drums for There There (and the song in general), Thom's dancing to Myxamotosis. Only downside for me was that they didn't play Street Spirit.

Also, Bat for Lashes weren't as bad as I was expecting. Not my kind of thing but not terrible. Also, one of their instruments was a saw. Like a proper woodsaw. Played it with a violin bow, then bending it etc. Pretty cool.

Um...everyone?

Setlist:

1. 15 Step

2. Airbag

3. There There

4. All I Need

5. Nude

6. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi

7. The Gloaming

8. National Anthem

9. Hunting Bears

10. Faust Arp

11. No Surprises

12. Jigsaw Falling Into Place

13. Reckoner

14. Just

15. Bangers and Mash

16. Everything In Its Right Place

17. Fake Plastic Trees

18. Bodysnatchers

19. Videotape

20. Paranoid Android

21. Myxomatosis

22. Optimistic

23. Karma Police

24. Like Spinning Plates

25. 2+2=5

26. Idioteque

Bolded ones are the ones we managed to mosh too, from memory so it may not be 100% accurate.

You moshed to Radiohead?

Jesus...

Oh well at least the atmosphere was good for you. :heart:

Yeah I was worried after what you said, but it really was awesome from start to finish.

Moshing has lost it's spirit. The sheer aggression of it has vanished. Hell, if people are moshing to Radiohead, something's wrong.

Creep is the worst song ever. Out of all the songs I've heard, Creep is definitely the worst. I loathe Pablo Honey so much. I hate it with a passion. And then I absolutely love all of their other CDs.

Agree on both parts. On moshing, I agree it's lost something, but it's still bloody fun :heh:

And luckily they didn't play any of Pablo Honey. Most we got was a short Creep sing along heading towards the exit afterwards.

Also, Bat for Lashes weren't as bad as I was expecting. Not my kind of thing but not terrible. Also, one of their instruments was a saw. Like a proper woodsaw. Played it with a violin bow, then bending it etc. Pretty cool

Why would you expect her to be bad?

She's famously good. Fur and Gold is on my list of albums I recommend to anyone that has a musical life, which is quite an exclusive list.

Why would you expect her to be bad?

She's famously good. Fur and Gold is on my list of albums I recommend to anyone that has a musical life, which is quite an exclusive list.

Dunno. When she was announced as the support I checked a couple of songs on Last.fm and wasn't very impressed. I suppose going in with low expectations helped me enjoy it even though I don't usually like that sort of thing.

Dunno. When she was announced as the support I checked a couple of songs on Last.fm and wasn't very impressed. I suppose going in with low expectations helped me enjoy it even though I don't usually like that sort of thing.

Well at least you enjoyed her/them.

But yeah, as Chair said, she's a bit too good for most. I thought she complemented Radiohead (in theory, I wasn't there).

Also, Bat for Lashes weren't as bad as I was expecting. Not my kind of thing but not terrible. Also, one of their instruments was a saw. Like a proper woodsaw. Played it with a violin bow, then bending it etc. Pretty cool.

She seemed pretty boring to me really. Radiohead were great though. Got to sort out all the photos I took now...