• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paj!

• chairdriver

• Slaggis

• Dan_Dare

Got the Stage Splits now, looks a lot better!

line-up_1x1.gifline-up_1x2.gifline-up_1x3.gif

Not too bad for £100 really. Better than the piss poor Reading line-up this year thats for sure! (even though i might still go to Reading)

thats pretty good for £100

would like to see

ENTER SHIKARI! :bowdown:

FEEDER! :bowdown:

Manic street preachers

bloodhound gang

inme

towers of london

fightstar

the feeling arnt too bad either and keane

special guests lost prophets i hope :D *welsh* or stereophonics

Only 2 bands I like in that line up... cold war kids and Feeder. I haven't seen a festival worth the money since Coachella and I can't go to that what with it being in america and all.

One day i'll find a festival for me. :(

Mhm I've never found a festival where I felt a desire to go. Theres been several where I've gone "I'd see this and this and this" but just becasue it was on, never because I really wanted to see that band.

Its weird. Whenever I listen to Neko Case people always ask me why I'm listening to it. When did indie-country music become uncool?

(and why isn't my last.fm working)

Guest Stefkov
Allow me to disagree.

Why must you blaspheme?

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion I gue..they're awesome so shut up...

The iTunes single of the week is by a great band, go download for free and see if ya like!

u dont have any understanding of his activism or his lyricism & have never properly heard his music, so ur opinion doesnt really mean a thing... add to the fact u listen to scissor sisters and the spice girls, i wudnt expect u to agree...

I loves them, also add bjork, rufus wainwright, martha wainwright and placebo to my most played too, actually the spice girls are REALLY low done on my most played list.

I've listened to the lyrics of some of his song's and it doesn't do anything for me. I've even read them and i find Rufus Wainwright writes better songs, but then they're different styles of music and have different themes.

the fact that ur comparing tupac shakur to a hip pop artist like 50 cent, makes me lose alot of respect for your opinions...

open your eyes, drop the ignorance that tupac is the gun toting thug the media painted him as and actually look into the man & his music without biased...

untill then please shut the hell up, thank-you...

You Want Real Rappers

N.W.A....

Granted I don't like rap anymore, but 2pac has alot to do with it, as does Fiddy

You Want Real Rappers

N.W.A....

Granted I don't like rap anymore, but 2pac has alot to do with it, as does Fiddy

N.W.A pioners of rap, Tupac took it to another lvl, 50 is takin it where we dont want it

My God I can't believe they're giving Shiny Toy Guns away. That song is so freaking awesome.

I know!!!!

I usually expect some crappy band or new artist that is really good but totally ignored forever. So happy about this!!!

Everyone download it FREEEEEE-NESSS!!!!

I think you can/could get their album on iTunes for under a 5er too.

u dont have any understanding of his activism or his lyricism & have never properly heard his music, so ur opinion doesnt really mean a thing... add to the fact u listen to scissor sisters and the spice girls, i wudnt expect u to agree...

I get what Takeo is saying abit his family and stuff, his moms fuckin his music with Slim doing his music wtf, leave his original songs and let these produce his stuff, DJ Quick, Daz, Dre and so many fuck more peeps who he worked with.

Just cut off a tiny little bit at the end. As I've said in the past, each to their own and people are welcome to their own tastes and I agree, perhaps you shouldn't judge stuff that you don't know (well actually you shouldn't, no real perhaps about it) but I dunno, the connotations of that last bit were a bit too negative so I felt it should be removed.

(seems my efforts were in vain)

this isnt me trynna be a complete c*** but i seriously cannot take a homosexual man with that sorta music tastes opinion on some1 like tupac shakur that seriously... that isnt me being a nob, thats me being truthful and thats the way i am...

dont comment on artists, when ur basing ur mainly opinion on stereotypes and aint really listened to their music... its queer

lmao!!!

please tell me the 'its queer' comment was meant to be funny.

The way you are appears to be a guy who uses those stereotypes to judge others, the bible says "judge others lest ye be judged" . . . indeed.

You appear to be a bit of a knob if someone critisises something you like, i'm the same tbh, but music is something so diverse and deeply rooted within us all that everyone going to like a different beat, and everyone is going to find certain lyrics more evocative based on how well they can relate to the artist.

I know straight people with "gayer" tastes in music than myself so to try and invalidate my opinion based on a) my sexuality and b) who i listen to the most/your stereotypes of what i am expected to listen to the most.

Basicly, if anyone is stereotyping it's you, and yes you are being a complete C U Next Tuesday.

There have been too many fights and disagrements in this thread and despite my best efforts to just ask everyoen to respect each other's tastes and not make anything personal or vindictive it has failed. Several times. This thread will be closed and discussed by staff as to whether it will be opened again. But I can't imagine it will as nobody seems to be able to play nice and everyone's always got to give their two cents.

And you wonder why we never opened a music forum of its own...

(ps sorry Mr. B. because you actually posted the kind of reply we'd have liked more of while I was typing this)

Ok im bringing this back. Some members have been banned from using this thread. Play nice people and respect that people may have different musical tastes to you.

And with that in mind, if you dislike Tegan & Sara you will get banned from this thread :p

Because everyone is obviously interested, im currently really liking:

Shape of Race Cars - Power

Wolf Parade - Its A Curse

Phoenix - Rally

Jill Cunniff - Lazy Girls

Cotton Mather - My Before And After

Which reminds me, I need to get my Cotton Mather album back from my friend...

Just making a new playlist on my Ipod so far ive got:

AC/DC - Back In Black

AC/DC - You Shook Me All Night Long

Billy Talent - Red Flag

Apocalyptica - Life Burns

Fall Out Boy - Dance Dance

Four Star Mary - Pain

Fozzy - Eat The Rich

Gorrilaz - Feel Good Inc

Green Day - American Idiot

Hot Action Cop - Fever For The Flava

Kid Rock - Bawitaba