NEurope

Good work on the Sonic Youth Paj. Always meant to give them a proper whirl as I'm findng new love for Grunge these days.

I'd recomend Temple of The Dog- Kinda Grunge meets...a more articulate, beautiful sound.

that song I posted is Carry On My Wayward Son by Kansas.

Grunge is the "heaviest" rock I genuinely enjoy. I dislike metal, almost never choosing to listen to it, whereas I love grunge and it's associated spin-offs. I have rubbish collection though, as I go in and out of enjoying it. But I'm in the mood now. :)

Someone (probably you) mentioned Temple Of The Dog before, actually. Will look into it.

Yeah was probably me.

Kyuss are also really, really good. Bit more like Sonic Youth in a way- bit more druggy and psychadelic and a bit heavier. Try them out!

Well I got myself addicted to Thrice - The Artist In The Ambulance (the album even though the song posted is the song The Artist In The Ambulance) again.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Yeah was probably me.

Kyuss are also really, really good. Bit more like Sonic Youth in a way- bit more druggy and psychadelic and a bit heavier. Try them out!

Added to my list of love.

---

I tonight realised that Out Of Control by Girls Aloud is good (or at least equal to their relative heights achieved previously) when played backwards.

As The Promise and The Loving Kind are the most boring songs on it, so having them up front was a bad plan.

Kim Gordon: The worst thing about Sonic Youth. I have many of their CDs and she rarely fails to disappoint/succeed.

I tonight realised that Out Of Control by Girls Aloud is good (or at least equal to their relative heights achieved previously) when played backwards.

As The Promise and The Loving Kind are the most boring songs on it, so having them up front was a bad plan.

I agree completely. I love the second half of the album, but always skip the first. We Wanna Party and Miss You Bow Wow are great tracks.

I really love The Con by Tegan and Sara, so much so that I'm going to check out their other albums. I'm espeically liking Are You Ten Years Ago? and Call It Off.

Lily Allen's new album is fantastic too, it's alot more mature and quite different from her first. That's not to say it's not fun still though. I'm annoyed that Fuck You won't be released as a single.

I really love The Con by Tegan and Sara, so much so that I'm going to check out their other albums. I'm espeically liking Are You Ten Years Ago? and Call It Off.

The Con is their best album, in my opinion.

While arguably much easier to listen to and enjoy, their other albums feel too inconsequential and cutesy when compared to The Con.

I thrive upon The Con lyrics. Relief Next To Me :heart:

Tegan and Sara do a mean Dancing in The Dark

s'not as good as the original- I think it's a very masculine song. Not half bad though.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

s'not as good as the original- I think it's a very masculine song. Not half bad though.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

:heart:

I love their voices, especially in that song.

Fight Like Apes' new single Tie Me Up With Jackets

"LOVELY NOISE.

LOVELY NOISE THAT MAKES YOU LOVE ME!"

Could have been written by me.

Each of their three "good" albums (their first two, as far as I gather, are not liked by either sister, and don't sound very interesting), The Con, So Jealous and If It Was You sound different, but all are good.

I think The Con is the best undeniably, then ITWY. SJ doesn't wear as well...almost too slick.

-----

I'm absolutely in love with No Need To Argue by The Cranberries. Can't believe how long it took me to get into them, as I've known they're supposed to be good for years.

So yeah, My Chemical Romance have covered Bob Dylan's Desolation Row...

The official video is here: http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=51474710

I went off MCR big time recently, but I have to admit, this cover isn't that bad. It's better than the whiny emo shit they ussualy do. I hope they stick to this style tbh. Oh, and it's going to be used for the end Credits of The Watchmen film, so they had to cut it from 9 mins to 3.

So that springsteen cover is pretty good, but there's just something about their voices that hurts my ears. Almost sounds a bit whiney.

So yeah, My Chemical Romance have covered Bob Dylan's Desolation Row...

The official video is here: http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=51474710

I went off MCR big time recently, but I have to admit, this cover isn't that bad. It's better than the whiny emo shit they ussualy do. I hope they stick to this style tbh. Oh, and it's going to be used for the end Credits of The Watchmen film, so they had to cut it from 9 mins to 3.

I like that.

I always had a place for them in my heart though. I hate all their contemporries, but love(d) them. They were good live too.

So that springsteen cover is pretty good, but there's just something about their voices that hurts my ears. Almost sounds a bit whiney.

Yeah, I agree that Gerard Way's vocal style still sounds wierd, but it's not that whiney to me in this song.

I thought it was pretty decent, they have come out with a couple of pretty decent tunes to be fair. it's more the image/attitude that I dont like about them.

Coming on stage with a Union Jack while sticking your middle finger up at the crowd wasn't a good way to win over the haters at Reading Festival.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Not so hot on the T&S version. I do love Pete Yorn's cover of it though (a live version is on youtube but I prefer the album (musicforthemorningafter) version personally).

Each of their three "good" albums (their first two, as far as I gather, are not liked by either sister, and don't sound very interesting), The Con, So Jealous and If It Was You sound different, but all are good.

I think The Con is the best undeniably, then ITWY. SJ doesn't wear as well...almost too slick.

I prefer So Jealous to ITWY. I adore 'I Know I Know I Know'.

So, out of curiosity, how many gigs of music do you have on your PC/Laptop/You get the idea?

Pictorial evidence if you can be bothered.

Me

VerticalHorizon.png

14.72 Gigs overall, according to my iTunes.

Ooo, that seems like masses when you put it like that.

10.8 GB Maybe not a huge amount but reasonable nonetheless and I have a 2GB mp3 player, reason being, I don't put every piece of music I own on it, I just delete stuff every now and then (some albums stay on there permenantly) and just add what I know I will most likely want to listen to over the next day or two. :)

Edit - also JonSt, your screen grab reminds me that I need to get some more Vertical Horizon, any recomendations on their best albums or is it all good?

Gigs of music isn't that fair. I have over 100GB, but they're lossless flac rips. I have the same song collection at work and it's just 9GB because I used some heavy compression. 3103 tracks, that would run for 8 days and 16 hours.

10.8 GB Maybe not a huge amount but reasonable nonetheless and I have a 2GB mp3 player, reason being, I don't put every piece of music I own on it, I just delete stuff every now and then (some albums stay on there permenantly) and just add what I know I will most likely want to listen to over the next day or two. :)

Edit - also JonSt, your screen grab reminds me that I need to get some more Vertical Horizon, any recomendations on their best albums or is it all good?

Any Vertical Horizon is awesome. At a push I'd say 'Everything You Want' is probably my favourite. 'Miracle', 'Finding Me' and 'Give You Back' are pretty stand out tracks. Their other major album Go is also awesome, I'd recommend 'Goodbye Again', 'Forever' and 'When You Cry'.

They've also finally got a new album coming out this year, 'Burning The Days'.

On my ITunes (only thing I use, plus don't have (m)any lossless files etc);

8873 items (including 2 digitla booklets and a music video...to minus 3 from that)

25 days, 0 hours, 34 minutes, 53 seconds

45.03 GB

1.89GB

Why? Because even though this computer is now 3months old I just have't gotten round to transferring everything over.